(pic included) What do you recommend for me, FUE or non-surgical?

hi All,

late 30s. Have high hairline most of my life. My hair line is stable for more than 10 years. Frontal hair is just getting thinner (miniaturization).  As I said in another thread, I do a good job hiding this due to my curly hair. I have been considering doing something proactive surgical or non-surgical every once in a while in the last 10 years but this never materialized into a top priority  for me. Few months ago , it became one .

Here are the pictures with: wet hair, dry hair, styled and the hairline one HT doctor drew for me (1600 grafts).

Pictures link:     https://bit.ly/33KLQaZ

Should I consider non-surgical options first? I have never been on Minoxidil nor Fin. Never used micro-needling, never use special shampoo, never used PRP, never used laser cap, etc. i have a good   hair routine with frequent oil and good shampoos. I recently started using Topikk and loved it, I don't add too much though, the curls and the thickening cream/spry do the trick. I just started to get sick of combing my hair forward and want a cleaner look.

What is your honest opinion and recommendations?  You know I really have the urge now so I don't want to be over greedy and end up suffering some shock loss and regretting the whole process.

37 minutes ago, bismarck said:

Be a man. Post your pictures here. Non surgical. Get on big 3 first. Stop complaining.

be a man like you, right? post pics and then ask moderators to take them out? (link). Dude, seriously, grow up and act respectfully or please don't comment on my posts! Everyone is comfortable with a certain degree of disclosure especially if they are new to this forum. If you don't like my style, you have the right to ignore my topics as I am going to ignore your  posts from now on!  We are here to help each other in a respectful way!

• Like 1

Non surgical will be the best route you can ever take. You have a lot if native hair. I have similar hair type as you and transplant done wrong made it worse.  I am now fighting to find ethical repair surgeons and a way out of this nightmare.  My life has been made to a living hell.  

definitely give minoxidil, finasteride, nizoral a shot.  Also, get bloodwork to check vitamin d and nutritional deficiencies.  Give it a year to work.  Avoid any surgery to your scalp at this point. 

wish you the best!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Non surgical will be the best route you can ever take. You have a lot if native hair. I have similar hair type as you and transplant done wrong made it worse.  I am now fighting to find ethical repair surgeons and a way out of this nightmare.  My life has been made to a living hell.  

definitely give minoxidil, finasteride, nizoral a shot.  Also, get bloodwork to check vitamin d and nutritional deficiencies.  Give it a year to work.  Avoid any surgery to your scalp at this point. 

wish you the best!

Really feel sorry about your story, my friend! I hope you can find the right surgeon for the repair work.

And thanks for the feedback and suggestions, Sean!

• Like 1

Meds for 6 months and keep researching.  1000 FUE might do it.

There are only a handful of elite doctors out there who rarely if ever fcuk up.  You've just got to find them for yourself.  Don't trust any forum posters, even me!  

• Like 2

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

8 hours ago, 202 said:

IMO. Wear your hair shorter. Try meds for over a year. Wish you well. 

Absolutely. I made comments elsewhere about this. You notice the contrast more with your very dense, very long neighboring hair compared to your thinning section. It doesn't have to be buzzed, just try cutting the hair to 2 inches and see how that looks. You can always cut shorter, but you can also let it keep growing and see how that goes. I know for me it's a sweet spot that I found from getting my hair cut and letting it grow out to a certain point. I have since just had my barber cut the hair longer (and thus closer to that point) and I think I'm getting it pretty close to perfect length now every time.

7 hours ago, 1978matt said:

Meds for 6 months and keep researching.  1000 FUE might do it.

There are only a handful of elite doctors out there who rarely if ever fuck up.  You've just got to find them for yourself.  Don't trust any forum posters, even me!  

I and a member: hairlosspa had issues with a shed from fin and possibly minox. Mine got better a couple months after the shed, which occurred at the 4 month mark post start. I know you mentioned that you are afraid of shockloss, but shockloss from these meds is not permanent (barring some freak reaction). Shockloss from HTs isn't permanent either (extremely rare [with all of the recommended docs on this forum]).

I agree with matt though, don't really take any one recommendation and run with it. You gotta believe that the doc you pick is a doc YOU picked. You have to be confident with your selection, should you pursue the HT route (hopefully in addition to the meds). The only way you'll get that confidence is with lots of research.

• Like 1

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide