Doctor recommendation

Hi All,

I am in my late 30s, I still have my hair but have been thinning in frontal line, I would say between class II and III. I do a very good job camouflaging it with products and forward combing. My hair has been stable like this for more than 10 years (extra thinning comes in phases every decade).  I have been thinking about doing something proactive about this for more than 10 years but didn't have the courage.

A week ago, for no apparent reason, I decided to do that. I am just sick of the amount of products and blow-drying I do and honestly wanna more freedom in styling my hair. Well, you only live once, so why not enjoy every moment of it?

Here are my criteria :

• Very natural modern looking results, I like tight hair lines with great packing.
  • FUE, I am not comfortable with FUT recovery or the scar, the idea of cutting strip just doesn't appeal to me :)!
  • I don't want to wait too long for surgery
  • Partially shaved (I am keeping my hair long in the back for that reason). 
  • No shaving of recipient area, I can comb hair forward to cover the grafts
  • Doctor does the work himself 
  • Someone who is available to answer questions and who takes personal interest in his patients, you know, I don't want to be just a number to someone super famous!
  • No constraints in location. Anywhere in USA/Canada is good

from fiddling around, I have this list:

• Dr. Jae Pack from NHI (I have reading lots of his answers on realself) 
  • LA FUE Hair clinic (they have amazing instagram and YT Channel), I know that Jacques is a PA from this form.
  • Dr. Parsa Mohebi
  • Dr. Steven Gabel
  • Dr. John Diep  (is he really booked for one year?)

I met with Dr. Pack (he estimated 1900 grafts are needed), and have meetings scheduled in few days with Dr. Mohebi and Dr. Gabel (got lucky with last minute openings in both cases).  

I am impressed with Dr. Mohebi, Dr. Diep and Dr. Gabel results. I have been also following Dr. Diep for a while but I heard he is booked for one year?  I am still to schedule with LA FUE clinic.

What other names do you guys recommend? and if you recommend a name can you please let me know why you recommend him and if you have had a personal interaction with him?

Thanks

Some of those docs are quite hands off and don't really meet the criteria of -Doctor does the work himself

Gabel and Mohebi are probably the most involved.  See also Cooley, Vories, Josephitis.  

I think H&W mostly delegate so depends if you're willing to accept that.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

12 hours ago, hakona said:

Hi All,

I am in my late 30s, I still have my hair but have been thinning in frontal line, I would say between class II and III. I do a very good job camouflaging it with products and forward combing. My hair has been stable like this for more than 10 years (extra thinning comes in phases every decade).  I have been thinking about doing something proactive about this for more than 10 years but didn't have the courage.

A week ago, for no apparent reason, I decided to do that. I am just sick of the amount of products and blow-drying I do and honestly wanna more freedom in styling my hair. Well, you only live once, so why not enjoy every moment of it?

Here are my criteria :

• Very natural modern looking results, I like tight hair lines with great packing.
  • FUE, I am not comfortable with FUT recovery or the scar, the idea of cutting strip just doesn't appeal to me :)!
  • I don't want to wait too long for surgery
  • Partially shaved (I am keeping my hair long in the back for that reason). 
  • No shaving of recipient area, I can comb hair forward to cover the grafts
  • Doctor does the work himself 
  • Someone who is available to answer questions and who takes personal interest in his patients, you know, I don't want to be just a number to someone super famous!
  • No constraints in location. Anywhere in USA/Canada is good

from fiddling around, I have this list:

• Dr. Jae Pack from NHI (I have reading lots of his answers on realself) 
  • LA FUE Hair clinic (they have amazing instagram and YT Channel), I know that Jacques is a PA from this form.
  • Dr. Parsa Mohebi
  • Dr. Steven Gabel
  • Dr. John Diep  (is he really booked for one year?)

I met with Dr. Pack (he estimated 1900 grafts are needed), and have meetings scheduled in few days with Dr. Mohebi and Dr. Gabel (got lucky with last minute openings in both cases).  

I am impressed with Dr. Mohebi, Dr. Diep and Dr. Gabel results. I have been also following Dr. Diep for a while but I heard he is booked for one year?  I am still to schedule with LA FUE clinic.

What other names do you guys recommend? and if you recommend a name can you please let me know why you recommend him and if you have had a personal interaction with him?

Thanks

Dr. Arocha in Houston, one of the few doctors I know can give you density in a single procedure. Go to his website and review photos of results, particularly those resembling your own case.

• Administrators

Do you mind posting pictures?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

50 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Do you mind posting pictures?

sure, please find them here wet, dry, styled and what Dr. Pack drew for me as a new hair line where the plan is to fill hairline and frontal area. 

Link to pictures: https://bit.ly/33KLQaZ

I don't want to be greedy since I know a lot of things can go wrong with this kind of surgery, uneven growth, shock loss in donor/recipient and it is a long journey, etc. so I really would appreciate honest feedback! I know it is a personal choice but still an unbiased feedback would be appreciated! This problem bothers me every once in a while, so it is not at the top of my head all the time. I am not sure why I decided to take action when it surfaced to the top this month 🙂

I would like to add that my hair line is stable since ages, my hair just get thiner and finer as time goes by. I don't shed anymore once I started on Nutrafol earlier this year!

Edited by hakona

3 hours ago, bismarck said:

If you're basing your answers off of realself or doctor published pictures, you're asking to get f'd in the a. I hope you get a reach around at least.

Patient submitted cases or forget about it.

you sound angry, bro! chill dude! Of course I am  gonna ignore your message. No point in engaging in this rhetoric!

But yes, I filter surgeon first based on what they think their best work is. If I like their work  and I think they have enough experience then I read reviews on RS, yelp, and forums like this to look for negatives. I already ruled out some from the negative reviews here (Even one case negative makes me suspicious) but I am not gonna mention names.  

peace!

Edited by hakona

Seems like u dont want to go outside the West coast. THAT is one of the worst mistakes anyone could make is refusing to widen their HT surgeon horizon. The world is a big place! I don't know where ur getting the first two names as GREAT surgeons or clinics. U clearly haven't done much research if ur listing those two clowns as ur top picks! Stay off the Real self crap and Instagram. Bottom line is THIS forum is where u should be looking for a HT surgeon.

Gabel is ok and so is Diep but they will rape u in fees. Diep I would consider a Top HT doctor tho. Gabel I would not. Erdogan is the best period. Second best imo would be Dr. Maras from HDC..... Although Vorhies in SC is pretty dam good too and reasonably priced for a US doctor. Mohebi is a good pick if looking to do large body hair transplant otherwise not even close to a TOP pick. 

Most of US doctors rape their patients with outrageous fees. Not because they have outrageous malpractice insurance either like many claim. They're just greedy. Dr. Nader in Mexico I would also put up there as the TOP HT Doctor. He doesn't get a lot of attention and doesn't do much advertising but he is extremely CHEAP and VERY GOOD!

Most ppl dont want to travel outside the US and therefore settle on someone decent here in the states. There are great surgeons here but u will pay 2-3x as much money and get no better results. For something that will last u a lifetime DECENT isn't really what u should be looking for.