Procapil Found To Be More Effective Than Minoxidil

• Administrators

Have you guys heard about the recent study that came out, stating that Procapil was more effective, but what do you guys think?

Is Procapil More Effective Than Rogaine?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

So it sounds like if you can just add a bit of pumpkin seed oil and emu oil into your minoxidil you will get an improvement over using minoxidil alone. I would say that's the way to go.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, BeHappy said:

So it sounds like if you can just add a bit of pumpkin seed oil and emu oil into your minoxidil you will get an improvement over using minoxidil alone. I would say that's the way to go.

I think that's better than buying Procapil. I have been adding azealic acid to my minoxidil, and I've noticed my shedding has gone way down. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

good stuff, going to add pumpkin seed oil, emu oil and azealic acid although I dont have shedding really) to the morning and night mix.

Are pumpkin seed oil pills as effective as an actual oil (liquid)?

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Shifty said:

good stuff, going to add pumpkin seed oil, emu oil and azealic acid although I dont have shedding really) to the morning and night mix.

Are pumpkin seed oil pills as effective as an actual oil (liquid)?

I think so, and the actual oil makes your hair really messy. 

View my thread

1 minute ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I think so, and the actual oil makes your hair really messy. 

yeah even minox is annoying, although emu oil is an actual oil =/ its only put on at night. Im on vitacost now about to purchase along with some more biotin pills.

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, harry_potter1 said:

What shedding?

hair shedding 

View my thread

15 hours ago, BeHappy said:

I’ve used emu oil for years...for cuts/burns and also every night a month after my HT, I sorta swear by its healing abilities as I’ve seen proof on myself...I’m not sure about combining emu and pumpkin seed oils into Minoxidil is a good way to go about it, now, if one gets some Minoxidil pill or powder and mixes it with Emu & punpkin seed oil into an ethanol solution than I think that would be a better topical....cut out the already greasy propylene glycol in Minoxidil liquid.

10 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I think that's better than buying Procapil. I have been adding azealic acid to my minoxidil, and I've noticed my shedding has gone way down. 

I’m a fan of azealic acid for hair growth....but i found it difficult to acquire without a prescription. How do you get your AA @Melvin-Moderator?

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

I’m a fan of azealic acid for hair growth....but i found it difficult to acquire without a prescription. How do you get your AA @Melvin-Moderator?

I get it on Amazon I apply it first and then I apply the minoxidil. I really think this is a winning combo.

https://www.amazon.com/NutraViv-Hair-Growth-Serum-Guaranteed/dp/B07253N6FT/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?keywords=perfect+hair+azelaic+acid&qid=1575433260&s=home-garden&sr=8-1-fkmr1

• Like 1

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I just checked out the product you mentioned but the seller/manufacturer doesn’t list the percentage of AA and it’s listed as the 4th ingredient and normally the first 3 ingredients in any item is usually the bulk of the product from what I’ve researched...plus, Azelaic acid is and has been a Prescription-needed medication so I don’t know how this company and others that sell products they claim to contain AA on amazon can do so legally as the FDA would be all over their ass...as I used to purchase a 15% Minoxidil + Azelaic acid solution over a decade ago and the manufacturers got into deep shit with the Gov and had to shut down and Amazon removed the products, from their high Minox dosage and illegally selling a prescription-required ingredient. So these products seem sketchy to me to be honest.

Say all that...I think AA should be sold OTC.

Edited by CosmoKramer

7 hours ago, Sean said:

Interesting, i know there was a product called lipogain that had azeleic and minox in it.  

I wonder how it differs from this

I’ve heard of it but don’t think I every bought that brand.

These type of hair serums on amazon remind me of when the bodybuilding suppliment companies got in trouble and raided by the Feds for including anabolic steroid ingredients in their OTC supplement “stacks”, I’m just curious how AA can be included in these serums legally or if the companies are just flat out lying it’s inclusion in the procduct to make more $$$.

On 12/4/2019 at 3:33 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

hair shedding 

Interesting. Are you doing it all the way or just in the 1st few months? 

My dermatologist has prescribed me over 3 medications as growth factor for the shedding (along minoxidil) , a serum, a mask and a shampoo.All are actually expensive and it is a bit of a disturbing routine. 

I've started minoxidil today, I think I can do the "twice per day" thing regularly but I doubt I will do it with the others more than few months. I don't know if I will ever stick to that and wondering if I should have started it in the 1st place. 

On 12/3/2019 at 10:21 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

I followed Melvin's advice and got me azelaic acid too 3-4 months ago. I use Lipogaine is morning and Azelaic Acid at night.

Edited by Panamera13

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Panamera13 said:

I followed Melvin's advice and got me azelaic acid too 3-4 months ago. I use Lipogaine is morning and Azelaic Acid at night.

How’s it working out for you?

View my thread

• Administrators
On 12/4/2019 at 6:22 AM, CosmoKramer said:

I’ve heard of it but don’t think I every bought that brand.

These type of hair serums on amazon remind me of when the bodybuilding suppliment companies got in trouble and raided by the Feds for including anabolic steroid ingredients in their OTC supplement “stacks”, I’m just curious how AA can be included in these serums legally or if the companies are just flat out lying it’s inclusion in the procduct to make more $$$.

Yea it’s hard to say, the FDA doesn’t regulate it. It could be trace amounts for all I know. Amazon doesn’t allow minoxidil and Azelaic acid to be sold on there. This is why Lipogaine took it off. Funny though now they don’t even sell their minoxidil on there anymore.

View my thread

Just now, Melvin-Moderator said:

How’s it working out for you?

I see less shedding for sure. But I'm not seeing growth at all with Lipogaine Shampoo + Lipo Minox + 1mm microneedle every week + Azelaic Acid at night + Laser cap couple of times a week.

But I have extensive diffused thinning and not seeing growth.

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, Panamera13 said:

I see less shedding for sure. But I'm not seeing growth at all with Lipogaine Shampoo + Lipo Minox + 1mm microneedle every week + Azelaic Acid at night + Laser cap couple of times a week.

But I have extensive diffused thinning and not seeing growth.

Yea you may not see any regrowth. I think the goal should be maintaining what you have, which is still something. 

View my thread

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Yea it’s hard to say, the FDA doesn’t regulate it. It could be trace amounts for all I know. Amazon doesn’t allow minoxidil and Azelaic acid to be sold on there. This is why Lipogaine took it off. Funny though now they don’t even sell their minoxidil on there anymore.

Yeah....although, AA is a drug that requires a prescription so the FDA does regulate it. IMHO I think it should be sold OTC.