Shedding of Hair on the 9th Day Post HT ?

Hi Guys,

I wanted to know from people here who have knowledge in this and who have themselves undergone and experienced the Hair Transplant Journey and Experience. So My question is, I got my Hair Transplant Some days back and on the 9th Day after my Hair Transplant I had my first complete Head Wash. So I had kept my Head unwashed for 8 complete days. My question is unlike for others where the shedding only takes place after the 3rd week or the Fourth week. In My case a lot of infact most of my Hair were gone they shed after my First Hair wash which is on the 9th day. Now the Transplanted area looks as if nothing has been done there !!  I am getting worried thinking that since it just shed on the 9th day is there anything fishy going on with my Hair Transplant. How and why  did my Transplanted Hair shed so early unlike others. Does this mean my Hair Transplant is a Failure. are these signs that the Graft did not survive ? and they died while extraction ? or a dead hair graft was placed and so it was just lying their artificially which just came out with the hair wash !! There are whole lot of negative thoughts going on in my mind, on why did my Hair shed on the 9th day unlike other for whom it sheds starting from day 20 or so ? Will my Transplanted Hair grow from areas where it has been planted but right now looks like as if nothing has been done there.

• Moderators

It's normal. The shedding period is usually anywhere from one week to 3 or 4 weeks. It's different in everyone. It can even be different with the same person having a second or third procedure.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

2 hours ago, BeHappy said:

It's normal. The shedding period is usually anywhere from one week to 3 or 4 weeks. It's different in everyone. It can even be different with the same person having a second or third procedure.

What are the signs or cues i should be looking at which can tell me that it has shed and not lost ?