Dr Nakatsui, frontal scalp repair, 2309 grafts

This is a patient who came in for his procedure recently. His story is interesting in that he had received one prior hair transplant procedure from another clinic about two years ago. He believes he was told he had received approximately 2500 grafts. Luckily, he had a photo of his recipient area following his first procedure so we could ascertain if this was possibly the case . Based on this photo, I think it more likely he received 2500 follicles/hairs as opposed to 2500 grafts as the density does not seem high enough to  reconcile a 2500 graft count.

I do encounter patients who were told they had received X number of grafts but actually received X number of hairs/follicles. As a result, I would always advise patients when they are consulting with a surgeon they may not be entirely familiar with to find out the type and number of grafts they are receiving and the projected number of hairs this might come out to. This would at least give the patient some idea of what they are going to be receiving. On the other hand, if you have researched the surgeon and are familiar with his or her work, then of course this would not be necessary.

At this point, I only have photos of the immediate post-op from his first procedure and the post-op photos from his most recent procedure, as well as the results from his first procedure. I will add the results of his recent procedure in a year or so once the grafts have a chance to grow in.

Dr. Nakatsui

https://drnakatsui.com

49149182341_407d0c9bf0_k.jpg

49148693193_19328d614b_k.jpg

49148693298_56da968069_k.jpg

49149182761_32c47c7812_k.jpg

49149392822_507685a83d_k.jpg

49149392712_8e50ea7711_k.jpg

49148692903_8d641d7a80_k.jpg

• Administrators

Eager to see the results, it’s a good thing the patient found you Dr. Nakatsui

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 4 weeks later...

Melvin and Mycroft,

Thank you for your replies. I am also looking forward to the results. This was an FUT procedure and I believe it was a mini-micrograft procedure or multi-follicular graft procedure.

Thanks again.

• Like 1