Jump to content
paddyirishman

EXPERIENCE OF AN IRISHMAN AFTER 6 YEARS RESEARCHING, PUTS HIS TRUST IN DR. PRADEEP SETHI AND DR.ARIKA BANSAL @ EUGENIX INDIA ,FOR HAIR TRANSPLANTATION OF A COMBINATION OF SCALP AND BEARD HAIR.

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, ag120 said:

Good luck @paddyirishman

BTW what did they tell you about the PRP sessions? I'm guessing you aren't going to go back to get them done. 

Hello @ag120 .  PRP for my HT was carried out after the anestetic and before the slits were made . AS you can understand I wont be going back to India from Ireland for PRP.  Or I am not intending to have PRP here in Ireland either. 

Dr.Pradeep told me PRP is not essential for a successful HT to have after your surgery at all. Some patients go ahead and have it afterwords, if they can travel to the clinic , and some people dont. You can still have a great HT without having PRP.

The PRP from what I understand helps your existing native hair to stay strong and not lose it, also it speeds the growth of it and the newly implanted grafts also , and can give your HT a boost here and there . As you would be aware there are hundreds of thousands and more of really successful HTs without PRP so its not necessary.  

........Paddy.......

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bigjab said:

Good luck paddy all the best 👍🏼 I hope you have the result you deserve bud 👍🏼

@Bigjab Thanks for the best wishes. 

........Paddy.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zoomster said:

Well done Paddy Irishman from a fellow Norwood 6 Irishman ..your feedback and support to fellow users over the last number of months has played a huge part in my decision in also making Eugenix my clinic of choice for my hair Restoration procedure this coming 21/22 December ...my story was so similar to yours with the guts of 10 years researching / Clinic consultations both in Ireland and Uk even the serious consideration of SMP again with consultations in Uk and Dublin ...all the while having to be realistic about my donor ..

My hair characteristics to be frank would be below average ..approx 70 Fu per Sq cm with average 1.9 hairs per FU ...fine and straight .

im looking forward ro sharing with all the community my progress on my return ftom India as I feel it's about time I gave something back to this forum and its members by way of sharing some of my hope and experience ...especially for those who feel that once you've arrived at NW 6 or 7 hair transplant are not an option ...especially with less than ideal scalp donor ..

I like Paddytheirishman am of the view that when you're really looking for the very solution to a high Norwood hair restoration ....Eugenix hair sciences and it's wonderful team are fast becoming the only show in town ...especially with their unrivalled ability to combine beard hair gratis into the.mix..

ill be back in touch end December with progress reports for those that are interested .

Happy and contented growing Paddy and thanks again for such a wonderful and supportive post 

 

Zoomster 

@Zoomster yes we have a lot in common its hard to believe. Your journey to Eugenix is just around the corner  ,  you will be very well looked after and you will be on great hands fpr a great result.  

......All the best for now ...

...............Paddy............

 

.

 

S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LeftHook said:

Paddy, I'm delighted to your thread. You're the one guy that has been more active on pretty much all other Eugenix threads than myself... and so I took it for granted that once you got your HT done, your thread would become stuff of legend. And you've definitely delivered on that expectation buddy!

Thank you so much for the incredible hair-splitting (no pun intended) detail that you've described, with regard to not only the HT process, but also pretty much every notable detail about every single day that you spent in India, and the Eugenix team's involvement from the moment you arrived to the day you left India. You've pretty much given us (patients who will be having their HT at Eugenix) a manual on what to expect. 

I already had maximum confidence in Eugenix, and your comments have strengthened that confidence even further.

The hairline design, as is always the case with Eugenix, is excellent. The immediate post op photos show that your hairline is super-densely packed with grafts and given the ultra-high survival rate due to Eugenix's DHT method, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that it's going to be a killer hairline.

I'll be paying my deposit to Eugenix sometime in January (I was initially looking to pay the deposit in April or May, but I've had unexpected success at work!). I just need to get hold of Nelson again, because he seems to have changed his number.

Anyway, I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing your progress. Thank you once again Paddy, for this thread, as well as all of your contributions to this forum :)

 

@LeftHook Thanks for your appreciation and very kind words I really appreciate it.  Yes you will be in great hands next year , and the hospitality given to its patients is second to none. You have a lot to look forward to lefthook.  

All the best for now .

...........Paddy...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7th DAY UPDATE , HEADWASH AND REMOVING OF CRUSTS.  

I HAVE SOAKED MY SCALP WITH SHAMPOO AND LOTS OF SUDS WITH VERY LUKE WARM WATER FOR 30 MINUTES AS INSTRUCTED BY DR.SHISHIR. I ALSO CAME UP WITH THE IDEA OF PUTTING A LIGHT PLASTIC SHOWER CAP ON OVER THE SCALP TO HELP ALL THOSE SHAMPOO SUDS TO SOAK INTO THE CRUSTS ON MY RECIPENT, ALSO I ENSURED THE SUDS WENT ONTO MY DONER AREA ALSO TO CLEAN AND REFRESH IT.  I AM NOW FINISHED TAKING THE MEDICATION SO I DONT HAVE TO PUT THE ANTISEPTIC SOLUTION OR ANTISEPTIC OINTMENT ON MY DONER FROM NOW ONWORDS.

AFTER 3O MINS I TOOK OFF THE SHOWER CAP AND GENTLY MASSAGED MY RECIPENT AREA ALL OVER WITH THE TIPS OF MY FINGERS FOR 5 MINUTES. THE CRUSTS HAVE REALLY COME AWAY FROM THE SCALP WITH PERSISTENCE,  NOW AND AGAIN ADDING MORE SUDS TO MY RECIPENT. I THEN POUR LUKE WATER WITH A SMALL JUG OVER ALL MY RECIPENT SEVERAL TIMES AND THEN DO THE SAME RINSING THE DONER .

I THEN PUT MORE SHAMPOO SUDS ON MY RECIPENT AND DONER AND MASSAGE IN AGAIN GENTLY FOR A FEW MINUTES AND POUR LUKE WARM WATER OVER AGAIN TO REMOVE ANY MORE SMALL CRUSTS HERE AND THERE. I HAVE REMOVED ALL THE CRUSTS EXCEPT A VERY TINY AMOUNT THAT IS NORMAL ON THE FIRST ATTEMPT  THAT I WONT FORCE, I WILL WAIT A FEW DAYS AND REPEAT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO REMOVE THEM THEN.

PICTURES BEFORE AND AFTER HEAD WASH. 

YES I KNOW THE ONE WITH THE SHOWER CAP IS RIDICULOUS AND EMBARRASSING,  HOWEVER IT MIGHT HELP SOMEBODY OUT THERE , TO REMOVE ANY STUBBORN CRUSTS.

TOP TIPS  SOAK YOUR HEAD FOR 30 MINUTES , WEAR A SHOWER CAP, USE VERY MILD SHAMPOO LIKE JOHNSONS BABY SHAMPOO TO BE GENTLE ON THAT TENDER AND INFLAMED SCALP, AS IT HAS NO PARABENS, SULPHATES AND DYES. 

I WILL UPDATE YOU VERY SOON WITH INFORMATION AND PICTURE OF SCALP AFTER THE HEAD WASH, ALSO UPDATE ON CONDITION OF SKIN UNDER THE CHIN AFTER THE BEARD EXTRACTIONS

ALL THE BEST FOR NOW.

...............PADDY.............

20191128_184523.jpg

20191128_212815.jpg

20191206_205609.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

A BETTER PICTURE OF THE CRUSTS BEFORE THE HEAD WASH.

...............PADDY...........

20191127_120442.jpg

Really appreciate for making the time to write these posts. Not an easy thing to do when you are still recovering.  Very happy for you :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great stuff Paddy. Very detailed write up. These are the types of write ups that help prospective patients like Looking for HT, as well as those who are researching understand the process. The best way to alleviate anxiety and concerns is an unbiased, factual and detailed account. I know it helped when I was researching. 

I didn't participate in thread earlier (was away from forum), but I loved that you flew from London because, I assume, it was less expensive. Good stuff. Delhi can be inexpensive to travel to if you put some extra time researching prices from certain airports.

Some quick questions to help other members:

How many nights did you stay after your procedure(s)?

1.After the second procedure's sleep, how many additional nights did you stay? 

          1A. Would you recommend more or less than you did (in hindsight). [ I know you had a good experience, start to finish, but would you have preferred staying longer or shorter or the same length of stay after the procedure?]

2. Any tips on the actual travel to Delhi? 

(Mine were: 1. bring a smog mask, 2. hiking boots (it gets muddy when it rains - more important if you go around sightseeing beforehand to Taj Mahal and around Delhi), 3. if you go do the haggling thing in certain malls [you'll know what I'm talking about if you get there], you can easily aim for 1/3 of the first stated price.)

3. Any tips on travels back after HT?

(Mine were: Don't worry too much about bringing saline solution back to your country. It's much more convenient to just leave the saline in India (taking only a <100ml airplane appropriate spritz bottle on the flight) and purchasing sterile saline before you leave TO India and have it wait for you at home when you return. It saves time, as the Delhi airport (even with my 3am flight on Jan ~11th [not any special holiday]) is a zoo! Took me 3 hours to get TO my boarding gate. It was super stressful, even when I arrived 4 hours before my flight. By only traveling with carry-on luggage and not bringing saline solution, it would have saved me 20-60 minutes. Also, spritzing your head every 2 hours or so. The air in the airplane is very dry, so keep your head moisturized. )


If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2019 at 8:54 PM, Lennney said:

Great stuff Paddy. Very detailed write up. These are the types of write ups that help prospective patients like Looking for HT, as well as those who are researching understand the process. The best way to alleviate anxiety and concerns is an unbiased, factual and detailed account. I know it helped when I was researching. 

I didn't participate in thread earlier (was away from forum), but I loved that you flew from London because, I assume, it was less expensive. Good stuff. Delhi can be inexpensive to travel to if you put some extra time researching prices from certain airports.

Some quick questions to help other members:

How many nights did you stay after your procedure(s)?

1.After the second procedure's sleep, how many additional nights did you stay? 

          1A. Would you recommend more or less than you did (in hindsight). [ I know you had a good experience, start to finish, but would you have preferred staying longer or shorter or the same length of stay after the procedure?]

2. Any tips on the actual travel to Delhi? 

(Mine were: 1. bring a smog mask, 2. hiking boots (it gets muddy when it rains - more important if you go around sightseeing beforehand to Taj Mahal and around Delhi), 3. if you go do the haggling thing in certain malls [you'll know what I'm talking about if you get there], you can easily aim for 1/3 of the first stated price.)

3. Any tips on travels back after HT?

(Mine were: Don't worry too much about bringing saline solution back to your country. It's much more convenient to just leave the saline in India (taking only a <100ml airplane appropriate spritz bottle on the flight) and purchasing sterile saline before you leave TO India and have it wait for you at home when you return. It saves time, as the Delhi airport (even with my 3am flight on Jan ~11th [not any special holiday]) is a zoo! Took me 3 hours to get TO my boarding gate. It was super stressful, even when I arrived 4 hours before my flight. By only traveling with carry-on luggage and not bringing saline solution, it would have saved me 20-60 minutes. Also, spritzing your head every 2 hours or so. The air in the airplane is very dry, so keep your head moisturized. )

Hey Lenney. Thanks for the above.

My surgery is on 21st and ill be in the airport on 22nd at 11pm. I hope it will be fine 😳

I am planning to take saline spray over 100ml with me in the plane. Will this add extra hour to go through security?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Looking for HT said:

Hey Lenney. Thanks for the above.

My surgery is on 21st and ill be in the airport on 22nd at 11pm. I hope it will be fine 😳

I am planning to take saline spray over 100ml with me in the plane. Will this add extra hour to go through security?

Thanks

I don't recommend taking over 100ml. The clinic will provide you some 100ml bottles and saline. I got some from my clinic, and I cannot imagine them not helping you out in this regard. Ask for two, one for your post op recovery in hotel, and one for travel. 

Fit all of your liquids into the quart sized bag (at least that's the rule in USA, but most countries follow this template). I had my medication in a checked bag, but you'd be okay bringing that with you in your carry on. If you have paperwork from Eugenix or a different doc, great, if not, just don't say anything about it and it'll be fine. Either way, I don't think fin, vitamins would cause you any issue AND you'll have post-op care instructions from clinic for antibacterial wash and any pain medication covered. So you'll be fine.

 

Keep as many 100ml or less spray bottles as you like, but you'll need only 1 even with a 30 hour travel time trip like I had. Like I said earlier, just go ahead and buy some saline online or in a pharmacy and have it ready. Paddy could probably tell you how much he used, but I think I only needed 2 liters.


If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks buddy for sharing for experience!

You wrote:

"HAVE A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP,  EVEN THOUGH INSTRUCTED TO SLEEP ON MY BACK SO TO NOT DAMAGE THE NEWLY IMPLANTED GRAFTS ON THE FRONT."

this is the scariest thing of all because I'm afraid not to be able to sleep on my back! :(
How can you force yourself to sleep that way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, duchaine said:

Thanks buddy for sharing for experience!

You wrote:

"HAVE A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP,  EVEN THOUGH INSTRUCTED TO SLEEP ON MY BACK SO TO NOT DAMAGE THE NEWLY IMPLANTED GRAFTS ON THE FRONT."

this is the scariest thing of all because I'm afraid not to be able to sleep on my back! :(
How can you force yourself to sleep that way?

You just got to suck it up. I hate sleeping on my back too, and I too can't really do it. 

I had to prop myself up with pillows and such to sleep at about a 45 degree angle and be sure to use a neck pillow. Just force yourself to do it. Make sure you use the pillows and such to block yourself from turning to your sides. 

After the 2 weeks I forced myself to sleep on my back during recovery, I don't think I've slept on my back since.


If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Lennney said:

I don't recommend taking over 100ml. The clinic will provide you some 100ml bottles and saline. I got some from my clinic, and I cannot imagine them not helping you out in this regard. Ask for two, one for your post op recovery in hotel, and one for travel. 

Fit all of your liquids into the quart sized bag (at least that's the rule in USA, but most countries follow this template). I had my medication in a checked bag, but you'd be okay bringing that with you in your carry on. If you have paperwork from Eugenix or a different doc, great, if not, just don't say anything about it and it'll be fine. Either way, I don't think fin, vitamins would cause you any issue AND you'll have post-op care instructions from clinic for antibacterial wash and any pain medication covered. So you'll be fine.

 

Keep as many 100ml or less spray bottles as you like, but you'll need only 1 even with a 30 hour travel time trip like I had. Like I said earlier, just go ahead and buy some saline online or in a pharmacy and have it ready. Paddy could probably tell you how much he used, but I think I only needed 2 liters.

Great advise and definitely makes sense. Ill buy saline solution now and keep it at home so everything is ready when I get back.

I hope the passenger next to me will not be bothered by me spraying solution every 20-30 minutes🙊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, duchaine said:

Thanks buddy for sharing for experience!

You wrote:

"HAVE A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP,  EVEN THOUGH INSTRUCTED TO SLEEP ON MY BACK SO TO NOT DAMAGE THE NEWLY IMPLANTED GRAFTS ON THE FRONT."

this is the scariest thing of all because I'm afraid not to be able to sleep on my back! :(
How can you force yourself to sleep that way?

Hey bud. You are right but the way I see it that we have to sacrifice good sleep for a bit. Its going to be uncomfortable for sure but needs to be done to get the hair back 😀

I am more worried about the itchy scalp than anything 😀

Edited by Looking for HT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Looking for HT said:

Hey bud. You are right but the way I see it that we have to sacrifice good sleep for a bit. Its going to be uncomfortable for sure but needs to be done to get the hair back 😀

I am more worried about the itchy scalp than anything 😀

My scalp didn't itch, since most of the nerves are disconnected from surgery (don't worry, I have 100% feeling after 3 months, 90% after 1 month). I had window seat and my SO next to me, so I was, or rather other passenger was protected. I didn't get up from seat to spray.

I would go to bathroom if you are aisle seat, since it's no hassle. If you're middle/window seat, I would politely mention that you had a procedure recently, and you need to keep it moisturized. Tell them that it's healing, but needs some saline spray, and mention that saline is a sterile salt water. Ask them if they're okay with you asking them to get up every 1/2 hours, or if they are okay with you spraying next to them. If they get mad, it's their fault. If they understand and agree to let you, no one is harmed and everything is happy in your aisle.


If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Looking for HT said:

Hey bud. You are right but the way I see it that we have to sacrifice good sleep for a bit. Its going to be uncomfortable for sure but needs to be done to get the hair back 😀

I am more worried about the itchy scalp than anything 😀

It is not a matter of sacrifice. The problem is...I AM NOT able to sleep on my back!
When I sleep, I'm totally unconscious. Some people can control their bodies when they sleep. I can't.
Thinking to sleep on an occasional chair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Looking for HT I was given a 100 ml version of the saline spray for the plane, this is it in the picture. Eugenix advised me to spray every 2 hours. ( Not every 20 or 30 minutes ) When I went to bed I did not have to get up to spray the saline spray. Its not important when you go to bed, but if you wake up to use the toilet you can take that opportunity to spray it .

.................Paddy...........

20191209_211638.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 TOP TIP TO SLEEP WITHOUT DAMAGING YOUR NEWLY IMPLANTED GRAFTS :

@duchaine I was also concerned about sleeping on my back , to protect the newly implanted grafts. I used a neck pillow on top of a regular low pillow, then put a big pillow either side of myself pinned in tightly under your arms down to your waist. It will be impossible to turn over on your side without wakening and realising what you are doing. Remember you will have the neck pillow as well.  If your tired , and also you are taking your medication late at night before you go to bed,  you will have no problem at all. I only had to do this for 7 nights. I never sleep on my back before my HT, and I had no problem at all.

20191209_212111.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE AFTER HEADWASH , 2 WEEKS AFTER HT. HIGH MAINTENANCE IS OVER.

ALL THE CRUSTS WERE REMOVED A WEEK AGO. THE REDNESS IN THE RECIPENT IS FADING EACH DAY. THERE IS STILL NUMBNESS ALL OVER THERE STILL. THE DONER AREA IS HEALING VERY WELL , AND THE WELCOME SIGN OF HAIR GROWING AGAIN IS GOOD TO SEE. THE NUMBNESS IN THE DONER AREA IS 95 % DISAPPEARED AND I EXPECT IT TO BE GONE COMPLETLY IN 3 OR 4 DAYS FROM NOW. UNDER THE CHIN AND BELOW THE JAWLINE WHERE NEARLY 700 BEARD GRAFTS WERE EXTRACTED HAS COMPLETELY HEALED UP AND NOBODY WOULD KNOW ANYTHING HAPPENED THERE INCLUDING MY SELF. 

.....ALL THE BEST FOR NOW....

....................PADDY.................

20191205_115051.thumb.jpg.4eafdd2967563fb8df86a8d7ada9c92a.jpg20191205_115051.thumb.jpg.4eafdd2967563fb8df86a8d7ada9c92a.jpg

20191205_115054.jpg

20191205_115431.jpg

20191205_115354.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Paddy

everything looking very much in order 👌🏼

It appears to be getting better and better each day ...long may it continue...along with your Fab posts ....👍

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Zoomster Thanks for your appreciation and kind words.

Your own trip to Eugenix is just around the corner. 

I will have some more updates and top tips posted before you travel.

Thanks again .

...........Paddy.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×