1172 grafts FUE with Dr Bhatti - Darling Buds

JacobG

Hi all.

Haven't been back here for many years, since I had FUT with Dr Radha in 2011.  The transplant with her was 100% successful, and I'm glad I did it, but wished I'd asked for the hairline a touch lower.  At the time, when you've basically no hair on top - you're just happy with having coverage at the top.  It was quite high on the sides, and since I wear my hair low, I found I was combing the sides forward, which gave a combover appearance.

On the first pic, this is back in 2011, not long post-op in 2011 with Dr Radha (this was FUT at the time).   You can see how the sides were a touch high (probably natural for my age, but I was keen on getting the sides filled out). I decided (after years of procrastinating) to finally get the sides brought in some, and the front lowered a tiny bit.  

(Image from 2011)

5b32d77d5b525_Photoon31-10-12at9.24PM7.jpg.37d9cd6e820fd3f018afb1a3d2206f56.jpg.189f663a7cac113cf4546ffca82066ed.jpg

After years of research, via the usual lurking around here and looking at results, I decided Dr Bhatti would be my first choice.  Whilst I probably could have paid a similar price elsewhere, I was particularly keen on his expertise, given the solid results I'd seen over the years.  The experience was fantastic, professional and really comfortable.  The team were wonderful and warm - I felt like one of the family for the day.  

During the consult with Dr Bhatti (discussion of the procedure, expectations, and reality), he wasn't all too eager to lower my hairline as much as I liked, further stating it was to not to his recommendations for a natural look - but also said that it was my surgery, and of course, my choice.  I figured that because I wear it low, the sides will be best filled out in any case - I'm not one for a shaved head anyway.  Dr Bhatti drew on the hairline as I requested (my hair was uncut and quite messy, on advice not to cut it before the surgery).

(01/10/2019)

1654240742_ScreenShot2019-11-30at9_09_14pm.png.834c2cdcbf5334e101d8ea6ae73ce9d6.png

The procedure went well, and I was impressed with the facilities and technology at the clinic.  Darling Buds is very technologically advanced. From the full blood test (which also included liver function, and a page full of data), to the equipment used during the surgery, it was all the latest tech.

I was surprised at how neat it was this time.  I recall my last surgery where many of the implants bled a fair bit after, but this time, there were literally only a few tiny little spots.   I had the usual swelling of my forehead (as everyone does) for a few days, but it subsided rather swiftly.  I followed the instructions on how to wash, when I could use the shower, and when I could wash off the skin scabs etc.  Sorry for the blurry pictures (particularly this one), I didn't take much care in capturing the process.

(02/10/2019)

1297242530_ScreenShot2019-11-30at9_02_12pm.png.595f1a9290d976f3b88aa89285f5139f.png

During my procedure back in 2011 with another doctor, 90% of the hair shed before it grew back - but in this case, at least 60% just grew straight away, which was really great, and confusing.  I was expecting to have to hide my hairline for months to come, but at the two month mark, I've had to cut many of the hairs back because they've grown too long (particularly on the sides).  I certainly wont complain about that.  Dr Bhatti also thickened my hairline and the front area a fair bit, the density is great (though it probably doesn't show on these pics so well).

(17/10/2019)

1276083530_ScreenShot2019-12-01at9_54_47am.png.e880adbbe6a3656907a69631004b929b.png

IMG20191018095402.thumb.jpg.be0380d41ea5241544d6a191669e11f9.jpg

I'm still only a few months (literally) in, but very impressed so far.  I'm happy with the design of the hairline (though it's not to everyone's taste), and look forward to it growing down (and getting my fringe back without having to cover the sides).

(17/10/2019)

794328615_ScreenShot2019-11-30at8_50_15pm.png.2049f51aeadb0b55a8cb0f3f4d421b8f.png

Just short of 8 weeks in, and I've even had to cut back lots of the implanted hair, because it went a bit crazy and grew faster than the rest.

(14/11/2019)

1646187969_ScreenShot2019-11-30at9_05_52pm.png.4db6dd10640e38113cf4d11c086b6ad7.png

It's growing very fast, and very little has shed (not that it makes any difference to the final result).  Apologies for the lack of resolution in the pictures - I haven't really taken any with the intent of tracking the progress (since I've done this years ago).    I'll take some updated pictures as I go, but this time I'll use the GoPro instead of the phone, for some clarity.

All in all I highly recommend Dr Bhatti at Darling Buds.  Chandigarh is a beautiful little city, safe, full of gardens and parks - on the foothills to the Himalayas and a short drive to some amazing scenery and mountains (even with the bandage on your head).  Getting there is super easy (a short flight from Delhi) and it's a great excuse for a holiday.  India is one of my favourite countries to visit, and it wasn't difficult to convince me to go back.  I notice that hair clinics are springing up all over Asia (I was in Bangkok the week prior and saw enormous billboards on the sides of the highways), and also note that there are plenty of very cheap options.  My advice would be to stick with doctors who have a proven track record and history (such as those accredited here on hair restoration network), and don't try to save a few bucks - you don't get multiple chances with hair follicles.

Also be very cautious of pretend patients who post fake horror stories here (with no images or evidence) about reputable doctors.  It seems this space has become quite competitive, and there's some bad eggs trying to slander others.  I'm sure there's some great new doctors about, but I'm yet to be convinced  of the countless transplant business newcomers and their results.  Only proven results and a solid history is worth trusting (in my opinion).

Addendum! (future pictures coming)

Screenshot_2019-11-30-21-00-41-14.jpg

Edited by JacobG
Grammar

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for sharing your HT journey. Really happy for you. Thanks also for your kind words about Dr. Bhatti. I am glad that you liked the city of Chandigarh!

Please keep the updates coming.

Best regards,

California 

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.