Consultation with dr Bisanga

Raj9738

Hi All,

I am following this forum from last months as I was looking to learn more about hair loss treatments. I am 33 male (Indian), with hairloss situation of Norwood 4 or 5.

As I currently live in Netherlands I was looking for reputed surgeon in Europe. The first name that appeared in most of my search results is dr Bisanga and after little research I was also impressed with his promising results.

In few threads I saw reactions from @Raphael84 -patient advisor for Dr Bisanga and approached him with my photos. After chain of interactions, they roughly estimated in and around 2500. @Raphael84 was so helpful to answer my questions and also arranged to meet dr Bisanga in person which happened yesterday.

I never was on medication earlier. I started Finesteride few weeks back and noticed side effects libido and brain fog (low to medium persistant headache) and stopped after taking it for 7 days. Ten days back I started Regaine foam.

I always had impression that I have atleast average donor density. However, after direct consultation with dr Bisanga it is found that my density is not good and more importantly he noticed minituarization in the donar area as well which makes me not suitable candiate for HT. I was really not expecting this at all and hugely disappointed.

Though it turnedout to be a dissapointing day for me, I am really happy that I made a right decision to see a doctor who cares for patients. I really appreciate dr Bisanga for the ethical way he is conducting his business. I did couple of consulations prior to this in Netherlands (with patient advocates) and I have a gut feeling that they would have went ahead doing HT for me.    

Dr Bisanga recommended to take oral minoxidil for 6 months and asked to see him again in case if situation has improved. To be honest I do not have much of hope, however I will take oral minoxidil and supplements and see how it goes.

I am also planning to go for a PRP to see if it helps to strengthen minituarized folicles.

I have a query, as my donor already has minituarized hair and suppose I improve my situation by medication minoxidil, prp or anything else and use such a donor for HT in future then I have to depend on the medication forever to restore my planted folicles right? In short, if I am not a suitable candidate for HT today I will never be in the future?

If anyone out there are aware of cases who has gone through the life cycle of 'Minituarization in donor' -> 'strengthen by Medication' -> 'HT success', kindly share.

20191106_194902.jpg

20191106_200814.jpg

@Raj9738

Thank you for your kind words. It is much appreciated and Im sure that many guys will also appreciate that there are honest physicians that will make recommendations based on what is most appropriate for the patient, and not for their own personal gain.

Dr Bisanga is a stand up guy. Im very pleased that you had the opportunity to meet him and as you so correctly said, his ethical qualities have most probably helped you to avoid a potentially difficult situation that you may have experienced with another clinic.

I have personally seen patients donor strengthen significantly with oral minoxidil, with a significant reduction of hairs in a miniaturised condition. 

Its correct that if discontinuing such treatments, your hair will fall back into its original cycle of decline.

Wishing the best for you and your hair over the next 6 months, and lets see if/how things may improve.

Let me know if you may need anything.

• Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.