4000 Grafts - Hair of Istanbul - 07/11/19

BuddyX

Hi guys.

Been a long time lurker on this forum and part time contributor. Finally took the plunge and had a hair transplant procedure at Hair of Istanbul in Turkey, on 7th November 2019. I thought it would only be right for me to post on here as many others have done so in the past, helping me along the way.

Been losing hair for 12 years although propecia has pretty much put a stop to that this last 12 months, giving me more impetus to finally get things up top sorted.

I've attached some pics:

Day 3 - Before my first hair wash.

Day 6 - Top shows scabbing. Donor shows scabs gone and healed nicely.

Day 10 - Scabs gone from top of my head.

Day 16 - Today.

I also vlogged the experience, if anyone is interested in seeing it:

Any thoughts or questions, fire away.

Thanks.

Before.jpg

Day 3 Donor.jpg

Day 3 Top.jpg

Day 6 Donor.jpg

Day 6 Top.jpg

Day 10.jpg

Day 16 - Today.jpg

Good luck man! Video is a nice touch, certainly looked like a lux trip. Hope the results turn out just as plush.  At the moment everything looks good. 
A few tough months ahead, but you looked good with a shaved head, so that’ll be an easy way to wear it until you’re through the ugly duckling phase until 4+ months. 
Keep us posted. 

12 hours ago, SprayPaint said:

Good luck man! Video is a nice touch, certainly looked like a lux trip. Hope the results turn out just as plush.  At the moment everything looks good. 
A few tough months ahead, but you looked good with a shaved head, so that’ll be an easy way to wear it until you’re through the ugly duckling phase until 4+ months. 
Keep us posted. 

Thanks mate, really appreciate that.  Yea, I was actually very surprised at how I looked with a shaved head, really liked it.  My hair grows super quick and it's already looking uneven now though.  Clinic said not to touch recipient area for 3 months (I know they are just being over cautious).  They said i'm good to go on the donor after 1 month though, so may see what I can do with it in a couple of weeks time.

Thanks again.

Edited by BuddyX

Ya, once I shed (at about 3.5 weeks) there wasn’t much to shave up front for the first month or two so I just keep the rest of my head shaved with a #1 guard. Then as the front started to grow I’d just hit the whole head with a #1 until about month four, then I started to let it go. Good luck! 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 4:09 AM, SprayPaint said:

Ya, once I shed (at about 3.5 weeks) there wasn’t much to shave up front for the first month or two so I just keep the rest of my head shaved with a #1 guard. Then as the front started to grow I’d just hit the whole head with a #1 until about month four, then I started to let it go. Good luck! 

Great tips.  Thanks, i'll keep this all in mind.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. Following on from my post on here last month, here is my 1 month update for you.

I've attached some pics:

Post Op

Day 13 - Hairline

Day 15 - Donor Area

1 Month - 7th December 2019

Recovery has gone better than expected. No redness. No itching. No pimples. No shock loss. Very minimal swelling. Very minimal pain. Numbness now at only about 20%. Scabs off in Donor area on day 6. Scabs off in Recipient area between day 7 and 10. Shedding started on 6th December.

For a more detailed update, feel free to check out my '1 Month Update' video on YouTube:

Any thoughts, feedback, or queries, fire away.

Thanks.

1 Month.jpg

Day 13 Hairline.jpg

Day 15 Donor.jpg

Post Op.jpg

Edited by BuddyX
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/11/2020 at 10:08 PM, iSlack said:

how much did the procedure cost you? FUT or FUE?

what made you pick Hair of Istanbul over other clinics in Istanbul?

Hi.  This has all been answered in the videos / descriptions.  It was £3000 FUE.

The decision was made based on results / price / consistency with regards to who was involved in the aforementioned results / who I felt most comfortable with after talking to.  If I had the the money, I would have gone to a doctor led clinic dealing with 1 patient per day.  There are some that fall within the budget range (£3000 or less), however they are not established, have pretty much no results online, and the one's they do have do not scream ' wow!' - very underwhelming.   

Edited by BuddyX
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2020 at 3:05 PM, iamtheone654 said:

name of doctor at the clinic?

The name of the Doctor is Dr. Yavuz Gunes.  He is there for medical reasons only and is not involved in the procedure itself. 

If you're trying to establish who is involved in the Incisions part of the procedure, that would be Adem Kose.  He is the top technician there and has over 10 years of experience.  He carries out the incisions for all patients. 

As far as I could tell there were only 3 patients in on my day.  2 in the morning who were bandaged up ready to leave when I arrived at lunchtime.  And then of course, myself.  In fact I only saw 5 patients the whole time I was there (4 days), and only 2 of them were at the hospital.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2020 at 3:33 AM, Cahustler said:

Definitely coming in. 👌

Thank you very much mate.  Definitely improving...... on certain days.  On others I'm left wondering if that's it, as nothing seems to be happening.  All part of the roller coaster I assume.

Forgot to post the hairline pic last time.  I'm happy with the way that's coming along:

4 Months Hairline.png

Edited by BuddyX

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys !  

The 5 Month mark is here !  The lack of Vitamin D and other factors I discuss in my video update below, don't seem to have affected my progress too badly as far as I can tell.  Hope you enjoy the vid.  Any comments, thoughts, questions are all welcome.

Stay safe everyone.

HOI Before After.jpg

• Like 1

Very high hair calibre is responsible for the high density result IMO. If you look closely the implanted density is nothing extreme, but the hair caliber makes up for it,

• 1 month later...

HI Guys. Here is my 6 Month Update. Can't actually believe it's been 6 months since I went to Turkey.

Any questions or thoughts, drop them below.

Thanks and stay blessed.

Hairline 6 Month.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BuddyX said:

HI Guys. Here is my 6 Month Update. Can't actually believe it's been 6 months since I went to Turkey.

Any questions or thoughts, drop them below.

Thanks and stay blessed.

Hairline 6 Month.jpg

Love your videos Buddy...Keep it up, also I was looking for your video about propecia..could not find it. can you post it here?

I am currently at the 2.5 to 3 months shit show stage

Edited by Cahustler