Why is Dr. Couto not listed as a Coaltion member here

sandyr

I've seen great reviews for Dr. Couto but he's not listed as a recommended physician by this network, Wondering what the reasons might be ?

And there are probably several other that are good too but not recommended here so wondering if anybody can answer.

There is a Paid membership process to be part of forums or organizations dealing with the hair industry.  He needs to be approved and pay funds to a be part of this.  I guess he is doing well since he is booked out quite long.  

11 hours ago, Sean said:

There is a Paid membership process to be part of forums or organizations dealing with the hair industry.  He needs to be approved and pay funds to a be part of this.  I guess he is doing well since he is booked out quite long.  

is that true?

So how do we know which doctors are the elite in this industry if even they need to pay for being listed here. And if getting listed here is only through money then can unskilled doctors n clinics get listed here by paying more money?. If this forums motive is to help support and guide potential patient how is this justified when Dr couto is not listed here and Dr Lindsey is. Does doctor skill and results doesn’t matter?

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor
6 hours ago, Vickykuril said:

So how do we know which doctors are the elite in this industry if even they need to pay for being listed here. And if getting listed here is only through money then can unskilled doctors n clinics get listed here by paying more money?. If this forums motive is to help support and guide potential patient how is this justified when Dr couto is not listed here and Dr Lindsey is. Does doctor skill and results doesn’t matter?

There’s more involved for a doctor to be listed on this forum than just paying dues. There’s a vetting process where the moderators get us involved and we help decide if they make the cut. Skill and results do factor in to the decision making process then they pay membership fees to stay in the network. If a doctor’s standards start to slip and they continue to have issues with patients AND they can’t answer to their mistakes in a fashion that we deem responsible moderators give them the boot. Doctors have been removed from the network in the past 5 years.

I can’t speak to why Dr. Cuoto isn’t listed on this site. I don’t know if he has ever been through the vetting process but, honestly, he doesn’t need to be. His waiting list is lengthy and his results speak for themselves. Most forum members will recommend him on this site. They will guide you in the right direction. If you have a question about a doctor that isn’t listed on the forum all you have to do is start a topic and we’ll give you our honest opinions.

• Like 2

On 11/22/2019 at 10:38 AM, Steeeve said:

There’s more involved for a doctor to be listed on this forum than just paying dues. There’s a vetting process where the moderators get us involved and we help decide if they make the cut. Skill and results do factor in to the decision making process then they pay membership fees to stay in the network. If a doctor’s standards start to slip and they continue to have issues with patients AND they can’t answer to their mistakes in a fashion that we deem responsible moderators give them the boot. Doctors have been removed from the network in the past 5 years.

I can’t speak to why Dr. Cuoto isn’t listed on this site. I don’t know if he has ever been through the vetting process but, honestly, he doesn’t need to be. His waiting list is lengthy and his results speak for themselves. Most forum members will recommend him on this site. They will guide you in the right direction. If you have a question about a doctor that isn’t listed on the forum all you have to do is start a topic and we’ll give you our honest opinions.

I'm assuming you are one of the moderators.  If not, Can any of the moderators answer as to why Dr. Couto is not listed here ?

I found a date sometime in 2020 and really appreciate the inputs so I could make a decision

• Administrators
On 11/22/2019 at 10:38 AM, Steeeve said:

Excellent points

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, sandyr said:

I'm assuming you are one of the moderators.  If not, Can any of the moderators answer as to why Dr. Couto is not listed here ?

I found a date sometime in 2020 and really appreciate the inputs so I could make a decision

I'm the only moderator on this site, and truthfully I have been impressed with Dr. Cuoto, but I have yet to see any real verified-patient posted result. Before we approach any surgeon,  we need to have a portfolio of real reviews. While the YouTube videos look impressive. I would like to see some real results posted by unbiased patients. If there was a large number of Dr. Cuoto patients posting on this forum and they had excellent results, I would definitely approach Dr. Cuoto, for potential recommendation.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, lovinitl9 said:

so if a physician is very good, but doesn’t want to pay for advertisement, we won’t know about them. however, if a borderline dr ponys up, it’s legit...

What are you talking about? Anyone is free to post their genuine results on this forum. If a surgeon has real patients who want to share their results, you will hear about them regardless if they are recommended or not. Dr. Kaan Pekiner isn't recommended here, but has several threads of real patients, so does Dr. Cinik and Demirsoy. 

Any surgeon can look like a rock star when cherry picking results for YouTube, but this forum- this is where you see the good, bad, and ugly. A lot of surgeons can't handle the public scrutiny, and that's why you never see real patient posted results. Now i'm not saying that is Dr. Cuoto, he may have patients post on non-english speaking forums.

• Like 3

View my thread

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, lovinitl9 said:

I don’t like the idea of physicians paying for advertisement. 

They are not paying for advertisement, they sponsor the forum- having a website isn't free, the improvements we've made isn't free either. We are completely transparent on how we operate, as a forum and community. 

• Like 2

View my thread

On 11/27/2019 at 8:46 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

What are you talking about? Anyone is free to post their genuine results on this forum. If a surgeon has real patients who want to share their results, you will hear about them regardless if they are recommended or not. Dr. Kaan Pekiner isn't recommended here, but has several threads of real patients, so does Dr. Cinik and Demirsoy. 

Any surgeon can look like a rock star when cherry picking results for YouTube, but this forum- this is where you see the good, bad, and ugly. A lot of surgeons can't handle the public scrutiny, and that's why you never see real patient posted results. Now i'm not saying that is Dr. Cuoto, he may have patients post on non-english speaking forums.

Which non-English speaking forum 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Vickykuril said:

Which non-English speaking forum 

I don't know that was just a guess, I have never seen any patient posted results.

View my thread

• Administrators

We don't accept external links but you can mention the forum by name so others can look it up.

View my thread