MY EXPERIENCE WITH DR.KORAY. HAVE I BEEN OVER HARVESTED?

dust78

• Administrators

@dust78

I’m truly sorry, and wish you the best. Your best option may be trichopigmentation. I will say this, we are always our own worst critics. The scarring may not be ideal, but I don’t think people would notice if I’m being honest. You’d be surprised how self-involved the general public is to notice something like that. 

I hope you’re taking care of yourself in these difficult times, especially in Italy; health and prosperity to you and your lover ones. I look forward to the day when hair is our worst problems 🙏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks melvin, i know i will have to keep hair at 3/4 cm to cover the overharvested part, but i will never be able to have hair under that measure. Tricopigmentation is not in my planes for the future. I hope that my report will be useful and helpful for people to be very careful about mistakes that can be done in a donor. I think that a good transplant is not only to have a decent regrowth but also to keep the donor safe without visible scars or voids.

and Thanks Melvin for your wishes about italy, is a very sad moment for everybody, i too looking forward for that day and take care as well!

Edited by dust78
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

@dust78

We'd prefer not have links to videos describing your experience, instead use our forum to describe your experience. Thanks for understanding.

• Sad 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Sean said:

Instead of using a link, you may be able to upload it here via attach files below. 

We’d prefer to use our actual platform to share the experience. 

View my thread

4 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

We’d prefer to use our actual platform to share the experience. 

For clarification- Does that go for everyone else when posting updates by using personal youtube video links? Whether it be hair transplant updates or toppik updates? 

or is there a way to post upload a video without  using a link as it says insert other media on this platform where it says attach files below?  

Thank you

• 1 year later...

Hello to everybody

I have been missing for a while trying to forget this bad experience i had with Koray. I have accepted the defect i have in my donor and live up with it. I just let my hair at 5 cm more or less and i can cover the holes. But i wanted to show my situation after 20 months of my surgery, because although i live up with it I will never forgive the doctor. For me is such a poor job he did! Anyway they proposed me to go there and do a donor exchange. One day maybe i will do it, but not with them, dont trust them!

Thanks to everybody, this will be my last pictures because for me i can consider close my experience, the pain is gone but disappointment will always be there. Bye!

IMG_20210427_122005.thumb.jpg.8d68a637f9f045faab6f275fb9e458e8.jpgIMG_20210404_113042.thumb.jpg.d981039254b63aecd5bc3d13417a941b.jpg

Edited by dust78
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear about the over harvesting but to some extent I’m not surprised. How many grafts were taken in total over your procedures ? 7-8,000?

I remember emailing Erdogans clinic in the very beginning and when i found out they planned to do a 5,000 FUE in one session I completely avoided them and went to Dr Maras and HDC where they paid the most attention to preserving the donor regions. 

Edited by Helios

• 6 months later...

Hello to everybody, Is been a while since i didnt post anything. 

I would like to update some pictures after now 2 years from the surgery, and also tell you some news about what have been the last moves of Asmed clinic and Doctor Koray.

Well it turns out that this year the clinic proposed me to go there and possibly intervene with a donor exchange to remedy the overharvesting i have suffered. This didn't convinced me completely to be sincere, but i had taken it into consideration and may be take the opportunity to visit other clinics there, and find out what were the possibilities for my problem.

However, the absurd thing and i would say very disappointing is that meanwhile they were proposing me to go there in Istambul they also  denounced me and started a legal action against me! Apparently they didn't like that i open few reports about my case in international forums were i expose my problem and of course i give my own opinion about the whole story. I want to specify that i never insulted the doctor, never talked about other things that didn't regard my case, always focused on my problem with the donor. And if you read this report you can clearly see it. And always document everything with pictures as im going to do also this time.

Anyway clearly this contradiction left me confused. Why on one hand they want me to help me by proposing me a donor exchange and therefore implicitly for the first time after almost 2 years admitting not everything went perfectly about my surgery  and on the other hand they want take me to court? I think is a very peculiar way of wanting to solve the problem? Is evident that after this move i definitely quit the idea to go go back to them.

My situation at the moment is that with hair at a length of more or less 4 cm i can cover the gaps and this reassures me enough. Of course i cant go below that length otherwise  the signs of overharvesting would start to appear. What to say? Honestely in the last year i had tried to leave this story behind, cause i was tired to spend time and energy on this, but unfortunately this bad move by the clinic forces me to dedicate more time, stress and energy that i already suffered for a long time and have to defend myself from unfounded and unrealistic accusations. But this is what they have decided to do, evidently they are very allergic to criticisms. I go ahead with my head held high!! I ll keep you up-to.date! Cheers! 

IMG_20210927_212542.jpg

IMG_20211025_134416(1).jpg

IMG_20211025_134529.jpg

IMG_20211027_113033.jpg

IMG_20211027_151535.jpg

IMG_20211027_113031.jpg

IMG_20211027_151551.jpg

IMG_20211019_194749.jpg

IMG_20211019_194747.jpg

Hi @dust78. Thanks for sharing your story here. I just read the entire thread and I'm really sorry for your experience.

Are you considering doing a repair with another surgeon? I don't know a lot about over harvesting and what can be dome to fix but seems like there are a lot of other doctors that might be able to use your beard and / or body hair to improve density on you head.

Thanks again for sharing our journey. I almost booked with ASMED a few weeks ago and then I remembered this forum and when I checked, I saw that ASMED isn't a recommended clinic anymore. If not for you sharing your story, there might be more of us going to ASMED and getting the same result.

hello Raik783,

you have to think that not all the people who goes to Asmed clinic will have my result, and probably they will have good result, Asmed is a known clinic with a lot of experience, so sincerely im not judging his work in general, i never did cause im not interested neither in promoting him and neither in put him down.

I only watched his results before the first operation in 2013 and for the second i didnt even consult others doctors and went directly to him because for me it was a guarantee in terms of results.

Im judging what he has done to me, that's the only thing i'm interested in, and nothing else.

And for me on MY head he did a bad job. And im FREE to tell what i think about it,  because is MY f*** head!! 

For the answer about your question, i still didnt decided how to fix this problem, my donor is finish, very little can be taken from, so the right way is going with beard and body hair. But sincerely going for another surgery and with no security that this going to solve the problem, make me think about it. 

Good luck with your decision!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 10/28/2021 at 12:55 PM, dust78 said:

hello Raik783,

you have to think that not all the people who goes to Asmed clinic will have my result, and probably they will have good result, Asmed is a known clinic with a lot of experience, so sincerely im not judging his work in general, i never did cause im not interested neither in promoting him and neither in put him down.

I only watched his results before the first operation in 2013 and for the second i didnt even consult others doctors and went directly to him because for me it was a guarantee in terms of results.

Im judging what he has done to me, that's the only thing i'm interested in, and nothing else.

And for me on MY head he did a bad job. And im FREE to tell what i think about it,  because is MY f*** head!! 

For the answer about your question, i still didnt decided how to fix this problem, my donor is finish, very little can be taken from, so the right way is going with beard and body hair. But sincerely going for another surgery and with no security that this going to solve the problem, make me think about it. 

Good luck with your decision!

Sorry to hear and check your final result and what they did to you in ASMED. 

Have you looked into at Dr Mwamba? I´m sure he is the right option for you and he would fix that donor for sure.

Best of luck!

On 10/27/2021 at 11:29 PM, raik783 said:

Hi @dust78. Thanks for sharing your story here. I just read the entire thread and I'm really sorry for your experience.

Are you considering doing a repair with another surgeon? I don't know a lot about over harvesting and what can be dome to fix but seems like there are a lot of other doctors that might be able to use your beard and / or body hair to improve density on you head.

Thanks again for sharing our journey. I almost booked with ASMED a few weeks ago and then I remembered this forum and when I checked, I saw that ASMED isn't a recommended clinic anymore. If not for you sharing your story, there might be more of us going to ASMED and getting the same result.

ASMED has gone downhill since 2013. From what I have read in different forums, 2013 is when Dr Koray decided to build a NEW clinic and at that point quality results are rare and way too inconsistent. What a pity since there is also talks about how great he was inside an OR... now he is just a business man 🤑  and ASMED has severely suffered the consequenses losing most of their reputation.

Lucky you and many of us who once had ASMED in our radar as a possible Hair Clinic. NOT anymore 🤐

• 9 months later...