MY EXPERIENCE WITH DR.KORAY. HAVE I BEEN OVER HARVESTED?

dust78

Asmed is making such poor works lately.
The problem is they are very strong and have a great influence on many boards so these cases are often hidden.
2 days ago I commented some Koray's cases and the adm deleted my comment and asked not to point my fingers against Koray.

• Like 2

@duchaine I know what you're referring to, the only thing you can do is abandon those pseudo-forums that are nothing but commercial activities, spread the word of their policy as much as possible and make forums like hair restoration network grow, where  users are free to post their reports (even those that have failed) in complete freedom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Be careful guys... you're violating an unspoken rule in this forum which is never criticize Erdogan so don't be surprised when your post is deleted. I wouldn't be surprised if the moderator deletes this entire thread soon...

• Administrators
Just now, bruce90 said:

Be careful guys... you're violating an unspoken rule in this forum which is never criticize Erdogan so don't be surprised when your post is deleted. I wouldn't be surprised if the moderator deletes this entire thread soon...

What are you talking about? I don’t delete posts or threads. I’ve had to ban a few agenda posters who spammed this forum with their duplicate accounts and agenda. Genuine and real posts and reviews are never deleted or removed. 

• Thanks 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

17 hours ago, Egy said:

I agree withDust78, if he decided to do a FUE, it is assumed that he wanted to keep his hair short otherwise I think he would have opted for a FUT, which in my humble opinion this latter procedure has a better success rate, with  more chance of engaging UF, provided it is done by top surgeons such as H&W or a few others.  If he decided to go to a clinic (even a bit expensive) in my opinion he should not have ended up this way and had the possibility of keeping his hair as he wanted and not necessarily long.  Here in my opinion the clinic made a big mistake, it should at least compensate the patient, it is not a question of failed regrowth in the recipient (which no one can foresee), but of actual hover haversting.

Its 4 months post-op. People are just making up numbers and throwing things out that are totally nonsensical.  I likely agree that FUT would have been the best option however, but making comments about compensation for donor damage 4 months post-op is crazy and suggests you haven't seen enough cases.

53 minutes ago, JayLDD said:

Its 4 months post-op. People are just making up numbers and throwing things out that are totally nonsensical.  I likely agree that FUT would have been the best option however, but making comments about compensation for donor damage 4 months post-op is crazy and suggests you haven't seen enough cases.

@JayLDD Of cases of haversted I have seen more of it than you can imagine, I myself am one, but I could also have expected it since I did not go to a top surgeon as they say it is koray, however, we are here  , we'll talk about it again in 2 months and even a year after the transplant, we'll see who will be right, I hope that the donor of @dust78 recover, but I'm not convinced.

Edited by Egy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Egy said:

@JayLDD Of cases of haversted I have seen more of it than you can imagine, I myself am one, but I could also have expected it since I did not go to a top surgeon as they say it is koray, however, we are here  , we'll talk about it again in 2 months and even a year after the transplant, we'll see who will be right, I hope that the donor of @dust78 recover, but I'm not convinced.

For myself my donor improved even after the 12th month mark, although admittedly it was nowhere near as bad as OPs is currently. That among potentially at least a hundred donor shock loss cases I have seen have been similar, by 8 months you typically have a good idea of where it will end up and may have slight improvements, prior to that and at 4 months any judgement is just nonsense.  I would be surprised if OPs hair doesn't look very good overall by 8 months. What I'm 100% sure of is that it will improve from here, hopefully to an extent that is satisfactory for OP.  I'd have much bigger concerns if the recipient growth was poor, as at this point his only option going forward is likely FUT which will of course yield less with current depletion.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John_Henry said:

He is a clueless doctor. He has never been the best in the world. He has paid money to market himself as "best in the world" 

total fraud in my eyes

http://www.international-hairlossforum.com/ken13-5714-fue-koray-erdogan-asmed-2018-t8927.html

I know we aren't meant to post other forums, but I think this is very relevant when you make claims like this. There are no FUE clinics other than Couto's that I have ever seen produce a result this impressive in a once off FUE. There are other surgeons who have preferable hairlines imo, Freitas, Konior and Keser for example although none of them are delivering huge FUE mega sessions like this. His clinic for large scale FUE cases is undeniably one of the best in the world. There are many, many other very successful cases on the International forum at the moment also that anyone who doubts ought to look at. You call it marketing, having more patient posted results than any other surgeon is absolutely not in any sense paid marketing.

This case did not involve finasteride:

3BB1D055-539A-4AF0-A1C8-70E95F0AE9C7.jpeg

42389494-A6C1-47FD-8087-BBB3A189D34A.jpeg

BA79415C-E9BD-437B-94CA-B578B1A908E5.jpeg

43558DD6-853A-42D5-A552-45CF429856D7.jpeg

76A673E1-82D8-4957-AF97-786FEA2E050D.jpeg

0B6C7E8A-F14B-4D9A-B4D5-7FE1DED846AE.jpeg

495052E2-2E47-476F-A5B8-E3B46C6FC1A3.jpeg

The guy has incredible donor, but regardless 99% of people with great donor don't get results at this level. There are very few surgeons that could have achieved this. 

Edited by JayLDD
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayLDD said:

I know we aren't meant to post other forums, but I think this is very relevant when you make claims like this. There are no FUE clinics other than Couto's that I have ever seen produce a result this impressive in a once off FUE. There are other surgeons who have preferable hairlines imo, Freitas, Konior and Keser for example although none of them are delivering huge FUE mega sessions like this. His clinic for large scale FUE cases is undeniably one of the best in the world. There are many, many other very successful cases on the International forum at the moment also that anyone who doubts ought to look at.

This case did not involve finasteride:

@JayLDD He is a fake, he knows that Koray is among the top surgeons in the world, but he wants the Dust78 report to be deleted only, it is one of them.

1 minute ago, Egy said:

@JayLDD He is a fake, he knows that Koray is among the top surgeons in the world, but he wants the Dust78 report to be deleted only, it is one of them.

I am fairly sure this guy is a poster called HT014 or something like that. He had a reasonable result from ASMED and went off the rails, he's created about 10 accounts from what I can tell and does this every time pretending it is multiple people. 

I don't know it for sure, but they have a specific way of writing and its the same thing every time. They did this only a few days ago with another account first time posting.

2 minutes ago, John_Henry said:

Koray has 1 or 2 average results out of 10 the rest are poor.

This guy had apparently 5714 grafts, from the pics it looks ok and made the patient look younger.

The patient thick callibre of hair helps alot plus fin seeing the patient has hair still in that area.

JayLDD when will you admit koray erdogan is a big scam

I'll admit it when I cease being more impressed with the vast majority of his results than 90% of the other work I see on forums. On the International forum for example his reputation is still huge, and he is the most posted surgeon. There are probably more than 30 positive results you can see in the past 12 months.

I think you should be sued for defamation if you're indeed HT014 and creating multitudes of accounts posing as different people. 

Edited by JayLDD

10 minutes ago, John_Henry said:

Koray has 1 or 2 average results out of 10 the rest are poor.

This guy had apparently 5714 grafts, from the pics it looks ok and made the patient look younger.

The patient thick callibre of hair helps alot plus fin seeing the patient has hair still in that area.

JayLDD when will you admit koray erdogan is a big scam

He wasn’t on fin i explicitly said that, it’s also not an “average“ result and you know it full well. 

• Administrators

I’ve had to ban yet again another duplicate account. When you guys see a new member with one post; bumping year old threads, you know this is a duplicate account. Transparency is vital to a healthy community. In the future, if you guys see this let me know please.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I'm something in the middle.
I don't think Koray is a scam but I do not think koray is one of the top. Especially nowadays I think he is overrated among the general public. 
For sure ASMED  produced some good results in the past. Anyway, all the clinics, even the worst low cost clinic, have some good results.
After analyzing REAL cases, I can see s drastic change in the last couple of years. And the change is for worst.
Maybe  the reason is the turned a huge Clinique. When you work too much, the quality decreases.
I really don't know. But I know:
I do not like his works and, more important, I do not like the way the clinic treats his patients.
I need to thank this forum because it is here I saw that bad reports that convinced me not to go there.
this is a free space where you can criticize and nobody shut you up!

Edited by duchaine
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I’ve had to ban yet again another duplicate account. When you guys see a new member with one post; bumping year old threads, you know this is a duplicate account. Transparency is vital to a healthy community. In the future, if you guys see this let me know please.

Damn! @Melvin-Moderator, you banned the f*cking lying imbecile troll named John Henry when I didn’t even get a chance to call him out for his lying moronic bullshit! 🤣

Just saw in my email the notification email to this thread and this dipshit troll claimed that I was an ASMED paid shill whom had 4,200 grafts in 1 procedure then another 2,000 grafts in another procedure 🤣🤣🤣 when my original progress post states 5,000 grafts,....what a sad pathetic lowlife loser, whether he’s a former patient or a shill for a competing clinic.

Pardon my French! 🤣

“Paid shill” LMFAO....somehow my bank account short the $13,000 I paid to ASMED for my procedure disagrees. 🤣

Edited by CosmoKramer
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, CosmoKramer said:

Damn! @Melvin-Moderator, you banned the f*cking lying imbecile troll named John Henry when I didn’t even get a chance to call him out for his lying moronic bullshit! 🤣

Just saw in my email the notification email to this thread and this dipshit troll claimed that I was an ASMED paid shill whom had 4,200 grafts in 1 procedure then another 2,000 grafts in another procedure 🤣🤣🤣 when my original progress post states 5,000 grafts,....what a sad pathetic lowlife loser, whether he’s a former patient or a shill for a competing clinic.

Pardon my French! 🤣

I'm honestly shocked no one reported his trolling. It was HT0416 without a doubt, sad soul really. I hope he gets the psychological help that he needs. He definitely has a mental issue that goes far beyond hair loss.

View my thread

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I'm honestly shocked no one reported his trolling. It was HT0416 without a doubt, sad soul really. I hope he gets the psychological help that he needs. He definitely has a mental issue that goes far beyond hair loss.

Right. I didn’t have a chance to catch up on my emails until tonight, I haven’t ever reported anything about anyone on here...I like to confront their bullshit headfirst if they pose utter bullshit and lies but some trolls need to go back under their bridges and stay there.

• Like 1

In regards to @dust78‘s donor concerns....my take is...everyone heals and progresses differently...and at 4-months post-op it’s not uncommon for the donor not to have fully recovered...and having the donor area hair grow long makes any lagging gaps appear much more obvious. 

It could take more time to recover properly....and in all honesty (I don’t believe I’ve really mentioned it much) but I had an area in on the left side of my donor area that did concern me as it looked like a thin “over-harvested) patch...I was concerned but didn’t stress about it and thought to just let time pass and see if it would recover. I even showed and mentioned it to Dr Erdogan this past September when I was back in Istanbul for Dental work (was my 15th month post op) when I paid a visit to the new clinic and let them take some “after” photos...Today is literally my 18th month post my procedure and the donor area I had a concern about looks to have recovered finally...I had a fade haircut recently and I used 2 mirrors to evaluate my donor and I’m happy with it....point is...give it at the very least a year and even then it may need more time...if after the 15-18th months you see it hasn’t improved and recovered then I would say there can be things done to help fix it if needed.

1. @JayLDD i think that puting pictures of another patient that has nothing to do with my case, just to show that he had a good result with koray, is for me useless. We know koray had good result and other not so good like all the doctors, so you dont need to put 6-7 pictures of a very good result in my report where we are talking about a possible overharvested donor. It would be much useful, as you say that a donor can recover after 8 months or more to show examples, as until now i have never seen one picture of a donor in a bad shape like mine return normal, that would be interesting to see.  In my consultation with expert doctors for eventualy do a repair for my donor they all told me 6 months is the limit to undestand the state of your donor, koray too told me to wait 6 months.
Edited by dust78

Just now, dust78 said:
  1. @JayLDD i think that puting pictures of another patient that has nothing to do with my case, just to show that he had a good result with koray, is for me useless. We know koray had good result and other not so good like all the doctors, so you dont need to put 6-7 pictures of a very good result in my report where we are talking about a possible overharvested donor. It would be much useful, as you say that a donor can recover after 8 months or more to show examples, as until now i have never seen one picture of a donor in a bad shape like mine return normal, that would be interesting to see.  In my consultation with expert doctors for eventualy do a repair for my donor they all told me 6 months is the limit to undestand the state of your donor, koray too told me to wait 6 months.

The previous posts I responded were deleted and I explicitly posted it in reference to something the banned poster said, not your case. Of course I don't think posting a positive result has anything to do with your specific case, they were in reference to this other person saying Koray is a "scam" or not a top surgeon. However your specific case is at 4 months, shock loss often takes months improve, at 4 months to make a negative judgement is senseless. I understand that its an incredibly uncomfortable thing to have to deal with but you aren't at a point where you know whether or not the judgement is accurate.

I doubt any of them said "6 months is the limit to understand the state of your donor" but that is a broad comment regardless. They're not claiming there will be no improvements, simply that before that point you can't make reasonable conclusions. If other doctors have told you 6 months, then why not wait it out?  I'd be incredibly surprised if it hasn't drastically improved over your 4 month photos by 8 months. 

4 hours ago, JayLDD said:

they were in reference to this other person saying Koray is a "scam" or not a top surgeon.

you are completely missing the point.
Image koray is the best in the world, it doesn't matter.
Why? because other people (we don't know their names)take care of HT. Koray makes less than half of the work.
So, the problem is not koray but the product he sells.

23 minutes ago, duchaine said:

you are completely missing the point.
Image koray is the best in the world, it doesn't matter.
Why? because other people (we don't know their names)take care of HT. Koray makes less than half of the work.
So, the problem is not koray but the product he sells.

Nonsense post by someone who doesn't understand how hair transplants work. The same you suggest here could be said of Rahal, Lorenzo, Hasson/Wong, Freitas and Feriduni, all of those are very high level surgeons that perform FUE, some of them at the very peak level.  None of them perform extractions or implantations, so by time spent performing the surgery they also do "less than half the work".  Yet no one makes this argument for these surgeons.

The product he sells is one that anyone who chooses him knows they are receiving. If you have a problem with that, especially considering its industry standard you are thinking with bias and not rationality. I prefer surgeons that do the entire procedure themselves and use stick and place particularly for smaller hairline cases, but this is not one of them. The expense of surgeons that perform FUE extractions and implantations is typically drastically higher than those that do not, and the speed and amount of grafts they can do in a session is significantly lower.

Do I think that people would likely get optimal going to a doctor like Konior that has full involvement? Yes I do, but he does significantly lower graft numbers in a session and is four times the price. You can look yourself on the International forum which has more cases than here, the vast majority of ASMED procedures are very positive at the moment and some of them outright spectacular. There are many surgeons performing FUE including extractions that get significantly worse results than ASMED and clinics like Hasson/Wong who also leave extractions and implantations to technicians.

3 hours ago, JayLDD said:

Nonsense post by someone who doesn't understand how hair transplants work. The same you suggest here could be said of Rahal, Lorenzo, Hasson/Wong, Freitas and Feriduni, all of those are very high level surgeons that perform FUE, some of them at the very peak level.  None of them perform extractions or implantations, so by time spent performing the surgery they also do "less than half the work".  Yet no one makes this argument for these surgeons.

The product he sells is one that anyone who chooses him knows they are receiving. If you have a problem with that, especially considering its industry standard you are thinking with bias and not rationality. I prefer surgeons that do the entire procedure themselves and use stick and place particularly for smaller hairline cases, but this is not one of them. The expense of surgeons that perform FUE extractions and implantations is typically drastically higher than those that do not, and the speed and amount of grafts they can do in a session is significantly lower.

Do I think that people would likely get optimal going to a doctor like Konior that has full involvement? Yes I do, but he does significantly lower graft numbers in a session and is four times the price. You can look yourself on the International forum which has more cases than here, the vast majority of ASMED procedures are very positive at the moment and some of them outright spectacular. There are many surgeons performing FUE including extractions that get significantly worse results than ASMED and clinics like Hasson/Wong who also leave extractions and implantations to technicians.

Sorry did you make any surgery with koray? No. I made two surgeries with him and maybe i know a little better how things work there. I repeat continuing saying koray has excellent cases is useless. I would rather talk about my case. Did you read my report? What i am explianing? The fact that in the visit i refused to take out 4000 grafts, the fact that my idea was to only fill the crown? Did you see the picture of my situation in the pre surgery? What do you think about the fact that in the visit we close at 3000 grafts, and 1 minute after the visit  the assistent propose me to take 4000 with an ulterior discount that was adventogeaus to me but to them too. The fact that they didnt tell me anything about how much I would have lost  density if i took out other 4000 grafts? and even worse I would have had voids? the fact that I probably won't be able to keep my hair, I don't say at 1cm,  but not even at 3 cm. Don’t tell the patient nothing at all about the contraindications I could have in extract so much grafts and tell me that in a couple of months I would be back to normal is not fair. But how can you plan an operation so difficult with so much approximation? Then if we want to talk about the operation, let's talk about it. practically the operation was done by two young girls in their twenties. the doctor came only 10 minutes to make the incisions. Among other things, the first day I didn't even realize it was him because he didn't even greet me. Then I no longer saw him neither in the extraccion nor the grafts.

Of course koray has good cases as all the doctors have, my first surgery  itself was a good case. but in this one the doctor has been wrong in everything in how he handled the pre and the surgery itself. i went there and paid a lot of money to be treated by the doctor i dont say in all the surgery but at least that he come to supervise what the assistants were doing. Today my donor has areas with more hair then others so not only i lost  all the density but there is no homogeinity, and this probably because the extraccion were done bad, for this it is important the presence of the doctor to supervise. Who tells me how much experience had those two young assistants, realisticallly i dont know. And concluding , im convinced that the doctor made a risky decisions. He could have told me, now let's extract 2,000 for the crown, let's see how it evolves and then next year maybe we'll extract a little more. This would have been a wise decision. 

Edited by dust78
  • Like 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, dust78 said:

Sorry did you make any surgery with koray? No. I made two surgeries with him and maybe i know a little better how things work there. I repeat continuing saying koray has excellent cases is useless. I would rather talk about my case. Did you read my report? What i am explianing? The fact that in the visit i refused to take out 4000 grafts, the fact that my idea was to only fill the crown? Did you see the picture of my situation in the pre surgery? What do you think about the fact that in the visit we close at 3000 grafts, and 1 minute after the visit  the assistent propose me to take 4000 with an ulterior discount that was adventogeaus to me but to them too. The fact that they didnt tell me anything about how much I would have lost  density? and even worse I would have had voids? the fact that I probably won't be able to keep my hair, I don't say at 1cm,  but not even at 3 cm. Don’t tell the patient nothing at all about the contraindications I could have and tell me that in a couple of months I would be back to normal is not fair. But how can you plan an operation so difficult with so much approximation? Then if we want to talk about the operation, let's talk about it. practically the operation was done by two young girls in their twenties. the doctor came only 10 minutes to make the incisions. Among other things, the first day I didn't even realize it was him because he didn't even greet me. Then I no longer saw him neither in the extraccion nor the grafts.

Of course koray has good cases as all the doctors have, my first surgery  itself was a good case. but in this one the doctor has been wrong in everything in how he handled the pre and the surgery itself. i went there and paid a lot of money to be treated by the doctor i dont say in all the surgery but at least that he come to supervise what the assistants were doing. Today my donor has areas with more hair then others so not only i lost  all the density but there is no homogeinity, and this probably because the extraccion were done bad, for this it is important the presence of the doctor to supervise. Who tells me how much experience had those two young assistants, realisticallly i dont know. And concluding , im convinced that the doctor made a risky decisions. He could have told me, now let's extract 2,000 for the crown, let's see how it evolves and then next year maybe we'll extract a little more. This would have been a wise decision. When I have asked how many grafts I would have left if I extracted 4000 grafts, he told me 2500!.!? Come on, how can i possibly have 2500 grafts left, looking  the condition of  my donor. Maybe i would need 2500 grafts in my donor to look normal.

Actually he has had two successful surgeries with Dr. Erdogan.

View my thread