HAIR THINNING/HAIR TRANSPLANT

newlad

Hello everyone. I am new here but i would love to get a feedback from you kindly.

I have had thinning hair (many docs said its diffuse thinning) on my crown and right side of my head to be precise since 2017, but over the years the thinning has increased and seems like a balding patch. Although i can mask the bald patches but my guess is not for long.

My concern is i don't want to wait to bald completely and then go for an ht, i want to retain my look. The problem is, half of the doctors from turkey and india advised to go on with a ht while others suggest its too early since I am 24 years old and to be honest i am not willing to do 2 or 3 surgeries. I want to have a thicker density but i am little confused. Kindly advise.

ps i have been using minoxidil and finastride topical solution for almost a year but doesnt seem to help. and my donor area is very healthy

20191115_225045.jpg

20191115_224943.jpg

20191020_211923.jpg

It’s really difficult to predict your thinning at such a young age (24).  I hope you consider to hold off on surgery for a while, save your money and think about a transplant several years from now.  Start taking multiple angle pictures now and build a portfolio that will provide doctors with detailed information to make a good determination if your recession or thinning has stabilized more ....and a more informed plan of action would be more obvious.  Best of luck to you.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Yes, you are a bit young for a procedure while your hair seems to be thinning rapidly, in my opinion from looking at your photos.

My recommendation, get a good derma roller/ or derma stamp/ or derma pen and start a microneedling routine that could help you get some results from the medication you are already taking, and be consistent with it and give the routine at least 6months and leave a HT procedure for the future if needed.

Go check out my microneedling progress thread for more information. Good luck.

U better hop on finasteride ASAP .. ur type of hairloss can be saved with meds .. since it’s diffuse thinning .. n by the looks of things ur hair might go sooner than u hope . N hairtransplants won’t be ideal for u .. so don’t think u can get one n u be good .. ur hairloss is diffuse all over so u will have to wait till it becomes bald .. u have small hairs all over u just don’t see it clearly .. n those hairs will get in the way of the donor hair . Just like me hairline was thinning .. but the hairs were still there n clinics didn’t want to work on me till it got balder .. . so meds is ur best bet right now .. 

On 11/18/2019 at 4:21 PM, CosmoKramer said:

Yes, you are a bit young for a procedure while your hair seems to be thinning rapidly, in my opinion from looking at your photos.

My recommendation, get a good derma roller/ or derma stamp/ or derma pen and start a microneedling routine that could help you get some results from the medication you are already taking, and be consistent with it and give the routine at least 6months and leave a HT procedure for the future if needed.

Go check out my microneedling progress thread for more information. Good luck.

Okay. Kindly what size of dermaroller can i use

• Administrators

You've been given excellent advice. I would also say that you may want to use hair fibers as well. This will disguise the thinning completely. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.