Is IAHRS worth anything at all?

Kraistoff

Pretty sure a lot of these associations mean close to nothing. ABHRS requires doctors to take some sort of standardized test on hair transplantation but that doesn’t translate much to surgical skill, only that you understand the basics of ht surgery skills during a written exam. Pretty fucked industry tbh

• Like 1

• Administrators

I believe they still have Dr. Doganay, that was removed here years ago due to poor results among other issues.

I don’t know what their methods of selection are, but I know that they do not host any negative posts about their surgeons publicly. If you create a thread, they’ll post it on a private section that only they can see, as for technician auditing I don’t believe that exists, as that would mean the industry is regulated as a whole. 

That said, I think the industry has improved, but it’s not perfect. I think we do a pretty good job of being objective and fair on this forum. We host good, and negative reviews and allow the patients to make an informed decision for themselves.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...