2000 grafts FUE, Hairsmith, Bangkok

Rareynolds

Just wanted to share my pictures post 2000 grafts on the temples on 12 November 2019. 

I was holidaying in Bangkok and decided a procedure there was logical to cut costs on any further travel. 

I opted for a procedure with Dr Prima Tossaborvorn at Hairsmith as they seemed professional and not too inexpensive which always concerns me. I might admit that I jumped into it without doing too much research but was happy with the decision. 

Overall I am happy with the whole process and how it went, nothing really different from most other procedures. During my initial consultation I was shown the areas that the grafts would be placed and asked about what I thought, truth be told I wasn’t sure -  you kind of put your faith in the professionals at the time and hope they know what they are doing. 

My one concern is that the temples were filled in to build me a new hairline and the middle was completely left. I have been given finasteride and minoxidil which seems to have good effectiveness from other people’s reviews. However I haven’t seen any other instances where this has been the case. 

Anyone have any thoughts or experiences on this? My worry is that the newly grafted hair and the old hair won’t match in density and look a bit mismatched. 

The whole feeling seems to be “well if you don’t get the right results just get another transplant” which I won’t rule out but I’m slightly concerned this procedure is doomed from the get go. Will attach pictures. 

ThanksB1139B9F-AD65-4304-9F67-E1F926EF4248.thumb.jpeg.215aba4e2f8e39f5a4e839fb7faa6db6.jpegA4DB17CF-BC84-4422-B68D-D7850A9B0F48.thumb.jpeg.786d52e533d1b79c77e20d8fe731063f.jpeg

Hi

First the “Bad”....Not going to sugar-coat this....you should have done more research and you should have not put your trust if you felt any concern and should have demanded they do it properly because thats a very strange plan they did avoiding the center completely and sadly it will likely look awkward when the results reach their peak. I can’t understand why they did this this way. 

The “Good”,....if your results gives you decent density in the transplanted areas then you could grow it long and comb it over, use some hair fiber for decent coverage and maybe get some growth from Fin & Min and worse comes to worse you do another HT with a better surgeon with plent of research.

Its done now, so chalk it down to lesson learned and not stress, see how it plays out.

Good Luck!

Edited by CosmoKramer

From studying before and after photos for a while, it's likely you'll need a second transplant to thicken up the middle. However it is possible that if you start with your finasteride and Minoxidil, it may thicken it up enough to be satisfactory. In cases like yours, I see a lot of surgeons put at least a thick dense strip across the front of the forelock, joining up to the temples. Good luck with the growing!

the good news - they didn't use too many grafts, so you still (probobly) have a lot more in the back to work with in the future , so no actual damage is done and everything is fixable with another procedure ( we didn't see your donor area so I can only assume)

But yeah it's strange they didn't place any grafts in the middle since it's obvious the hair there is very thin. not sure why.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure why they didn't incorporate grafts among the hairs in the center....as well.  Post some pictures when new growth begins in 3-4 months.  May turn out better than you think.  Good luck.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 6 months later...

Just wanted to post some pictures 6 months on. Really happy with the progress and feel my hairline looks really natural. Still taking Finasteride and topical minoxidil daily and hoping as I continue I will get more thickness from the hair. 
also thinking about dyeing my hair blonder Has anyone any advice on this I am getting mixed advice.  
thanks

04B06A2F-4CF0-4A51-B0FD-796C0597CDF6.png

• 3 weeks later...

Glad you're happy with the results. I'm sure dying the hair wouldn't hurt anything at this point but once you go lighter you have to keep up with it.  I'd just let it go for while. 

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

On 6/8/2020 at 7:47 PM, Rareynolds said:

Just wanted to post some pictures 6 months on. Really happy with the progress and feel my hairline looks really natural. Still taking Finasteride and topical minoxidil daily and hoping as I continue I will get more thickness from the hair. 
also thinking about dyeing my hair blonder Has anyone any advice on this I am getting mixed advice.  
thanks

04B06A2F-4CF0-4A51-B0FD-796C0597CDF6.png

For the 6th month mark, it looks beautiful. The full density comes within 12 months approximately (generally). I wish you the best growth. Amazing...

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ