Getting A Hair Transplant is No Longer Taboo

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

Why do you think getting hair transplants are no longer taboo? Is it because of celebrity endorsements, because the results look better? I would love to hear the communities thoughts.

Getting A Hair Transplant is No Longer Taboo

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

That is true, it's definitely more acceptable depending on where you live. In LA, getting work done is no big deal.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Moderators

Men today are so lucky to be able to do these things without being looked down on as much as in the past. Unfortunately there are still a lot of women who want a man to look good, but don't think he should actually have to do anything to look good. They don't make any sense. They insist that you don't need to do anything because looks are not important while they are putting on their makeup.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
On 11/16/2019 at 9:35 AM, BeHappy said:

Men today are so lucky to be able to do these things without being looked down on as much as in the past. Unfortunately there are still a lot of women who want a man to look good, but don't think he should actually have to do anything to look good. They don't make any sense. They insist that you don't need to do anything because looks are not important while they are putting on their makeup.

Yea there is definitely a double standard. Women aren't looked down upon for wearing wigs, but god forbid a man want to wear a hair piece. 

View my thread

On 15 November 2019 at 12:36 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

That is true, it's definitely more acceptable depending on where you live. In LA, getting work done is no big deal.

Very true. Quite the contrast between LA and where I live (Yorkshire)! If a bloke here tells his mate down the pub he's thinking of getting a hair transplant he's likely to be looked at like he's just come down from Mars:D

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Pete-from-Farjo said:

Very true. Quite the contrast between LA and where I live (Yorkshire)! If a bloke here tells his mate down the pub he's thinking of getting a hair transplant he's likely to be looked at like he's just come down from Mars:D

Yea, I think in England there is still that sort of Macho perception of being a "lad's lad" you're supposed to drink at the pub, watch football and not care about looks. In my opinion, if you have the money and have done the research, getting a hair transplant is a no-brainer.

View my thread

Hair transplant looks very painful, and I think it's a taboo for me. I've talked with a person who have done the hair transplant 3 months ago.

He said, it's painful and takes lots of time to complete the procedure, and that's the thing is a complicated feeling.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, MMTTshaz said:

Hair transplant looks very painful, and I think it's a taboo for me. I've talked with a person who have done the hair transplant 3 months ago.

He said, it's painful and takes lots of time to complete the procedure, and that's the thing is a complicated feeling.

Pain is subjective, I felt little to no pain. That said, everyone’s pain tolerance is different.

• Like 1

View my thread

13 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Yea, I think in England there is still that sort of Macho perception of being a "lad's lad" you're supposed to drink at the pub, watch football and not care about looks. In my opinion, if you have the money and have done the research, getting a hair transplant is a no-brainer.

To be fair, I was probably being slightly facetious, and I do think attitudes have changed in recent years over here. There's certainly not the stigma around transplants that there was a decade or so ago.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.