Dr. Konior - 2024 FUT Crown

Hey guys,

I wanted to share my journey as it was this site that gave me a lot of great insight into picking out Dr. Konior along with seeing results and answering all of my questions. This procedure was done in early October and I've posted my Pre op photo, immediate Post op and also one month update.

I'm more than happy to answer questions and hopefully I can be a resource to those who are thinking about having the surgery. Dr. Konior and team are extremely transparent and diligent from start to finish. Don't let the waiting list scare you off, it's absolutely worth the wait.

Here's the breakdown of grafts

1 -214

2-1066

3-744

KS.jpg

20191113_212510.jpg

20191109_094413.jpg

• Administrators

hahaha I love your screenname, we've got baldlivesmatter and makehairgreatagain lol. Welcome to the forum, you chose an excellent surgeon and one of the very best. I will be following your progress closely. Happy growing🙌

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looks like an excellent number of 2 and 3 hair grafts, excited to see how this one turns out!

I will probably end up having some crown work done by Dr. K sooner or later so always helpful to have a reference point 👍

@Melvin-Moderator I wanted to come up with something clever! Thank you! This is my second procedure with him and I'm extremely optimistic about my results

@RecessionProof I'm very excited as well! The main reason why I wanted to share this experience is because I didn't find a lot of updated crown work on here in general. Knowing that I wanted this information to understand it better, I only imagined how many others were wishing they also had it as well.

@champybaby I'm expecting to get pretty good coverage. Originally was told that 1500 grafts would be sufficient so I know the extra amount can only help me out. Despite the crown being the "black hole", I'm confident it will blend in nicely with my natural hair. He did ask if I would be okay with shaving the recipient zone as the "peach fuzz" was just taking up space and an obstacle to place grafts correctly. I obliged and am very happy that I did to help yield the best possible result. 

Quite a big area to cover.  I'm hoping to get away with 500ish although my crown is not as advanced as yours and I have thick straight hair strands.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

On 11/14/2019 at 7:26 PM, makehairgreatagain said:

I'm expecting to get pretty good coverage. Originally was told that 1500 grafts would be sufficient so I know the extra amount can only help me out. Despite the crown being the "black hole", I'm confident it will blend in nicely with my natural hair. He did ask if I would be okay with shaving the recipient zone as the "peach fuzz" was just taking up space and an obstacle to place grafts correctly. I obliged and am very happy that I did to help yield the best possible result. 

Thanks. Yea, I'm going to be following this thread closely. This my deal fwiw.

Dealing with the crown sucks. Used to have it where two dashes of concealer was all I needed to look good. Now I'm using a lot more and I'm over it. Can't wait for my procedure with Dr. K. Really hope someone cancels!

Keep us posted man! 

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

• 4 weeks later...

A couple more months and you should start seeing things, but you know the routine already

• 4 weeks later...

Noticeable improvement from last month. Things definitely starting to happen. Next couple of months should be interesting. 

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 5 weeks later...

Definite improvement.

Getting bored of my own progress already and only coming up to 6 weeks lol.

And if you guys are getting bored watching your crown come in, I'm waiting on my procedure! 

Although, this is great for me as I'm seeing Dr. K and have two recent crown procedures that will help me make a decision. So thank you! 

• Like 1

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

• Administrators

Everything is looking good, it looks like you may have suffered some shock loss, but the fun part should start now.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 4 weeks later...