Head Wash on the 9th Day after my Hair Transplant ?

I understand there is no common agreed regime or guideline on after how many days of a Hair Transplant can the person have a full head wash. Every Clinic has its own regime. So what is the general consensus as far as starting a full fledged head wash. I had a Headwash after my Hair Transplant on the 9th day, was it too early ? Would my Hair Grafts be Safe ?

You start washing from day 1.  Typically using the pour method.  Pour shampoo into the area and just rinse off with a cup of water.  Do not let the shower hair water hit your head. It is important to keep the area clean.  You can gently massage the donor, sides and back.  Do this for 6 days.  On the 7th day you can start massaging the top of the head with the tips of your fingers.  If you still have any crusting by the 9th day, get in the shower and let everything soak in warmer water and scrub away.

If you live near the clinic, you can have them do the wash the first few days.

The first three days are critical.  Very hard to hurt anything after that.

You did not wash your hair for 9 days? What clinic did you go to?

2 hours ago, LaserCap said:

You start washing from day 1.  Typically using the pour method.  Pour shampoo into the area and just rinse off with a cup of water.  Do not let the shower hair water hit your head. It is important to keep the area clean.  You can gently massage the donor, sides and back.  Do this for 6 days.  On the 7th day you can start massaging the top of the head with the tips of your fingers.  If you still have any crusting by the 9th day, get in the shower and let everything soak in warmer water and scrub away.

If you live near the clinic, you can have them do the wash the first few days.

The first three days are critical.  Very hard to hurt anything after that.

You did not wash your hair for 9 days? What clinic did you go to?

Yes i did not wash my hair for 9 days ! Just kept spraying Saline Water on the recepient area.

A lot of people say it is only by the 7th days the Grafts are locked and loaded !! Nothing to fear after that. So i don't know who is to believe.

By the way I've one additional question so when the hair Grafts are secured does the blood supply to the Grafts also start during that period only ?

Edited by jooeey

I used the aforementioned pour method for about 2 months.  I did not feel a burning desire to scrub my transplants.  I always err on the side of caution.  What do you have to lose by taking it easy?

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More