Don't Go Harsh on you Hair

DrVikasGupta01

Hair is a very sensitive part of our body and we should never go harsh on it but unfortunately we don't stick to this statement and end up creating a reason of hair fall for ourselves. There are so many activities we do on daily basis that trigger hair fall like rubbing the hair vigorously after coming out of the shower, combing the hair roughly, blowdrying the hair with high heat without any heat protection solution and the list goes on and on.

There are so many reasons that trigger the problem of hair loss and which should always be avoided. It is always advised to be gentle on your hair for a healthy growth.

Is that so ? Follicles won't be affected by that, after hair transplant I do myself a rough massage with my hands on all the scalp and that is not mild at all, it's brute force, still the grafts wont be damaged... because it's 2 months since that :)

Sensitivity? Really? 

There are parts of the body that are truly sensitive to touch.  I believe the sensitivity you're referring to has to do with...don't touch it otherwise it'll fall. I don't think so.

If hair does fall because of drying, combing, girlfriend playing with it, it's hair you would have shed at one time or another. Whatever you do to your hair what you're truly doing is prompting the shedding that would have happened anyway. (You will shed all the hair in your head at one time or another, randomly, throughout your life).

There are two types of loss. The one you see and the one you don't.  The one you see, shedding happens because the follicle gets tired of producing hair and it goes into a dormant phase. 3-4 month later, the hair returns.  Hair loss, however, is loss you don't see.

Have you ever wondered why some strands are thicker than others.  Some become so fine they seem to grow no more.  This is called miniaturization.  Eventually the hair disappears.  That's hair loss.  So, whatever you are doing, pulling, combing, etc, has nothing to do with this process.

To complicate matters, there are medical conditions out there that can also affect hair loss.  If you have any of these, like a self immune system, and you do pull your hair out, there is the possibility it will not return.  Likely, trichotellomenia, is yet another way in which you can really affect things.  The follicle eventually realizes nothing can be done and will not produce any more hair.