Help! Which doctor would you recommend?

So I’ve finally saved up a good amount of money to have my first hair transplant done  🥳

I’m 26 years old and I started noticing my hair loss at around 21 and it really became noticeable when I was 23. I believe I’m somewhere in between a Norwood 5 or 6. I haven’t used finasteride, rogaine, or propecia because of all the side effects one can possibly get from using them.

Now I’m having a lot of trouble trying to find  the right doctor. I want to go to turkey for the hair transplant because of the cost is so much cheaper than that of here in the USA. I’ve sent a email to Dr. Diep’s facility and I have a consultation with them in the second week of December. I got a quote from Hair of Istanbul and they said my surgery will be for 6000 usd and be done by doctor yavuz gunes. I tried looking him up online and couldn’t really find anything from him, but the facility has shown great results? Now outside of him I am in touch with Dr Cinik and waiting on hearing back from him with a price. His assistant was saying I would be needing 3500-4000 grafts. I was going to try Dr. Koray Erdogan but I’m not sure because of the reviews I’ve been reading about him on this forum. I feel he is a great doctor but too many people have been unsatisfied with his work and his success rate has been going down recently. I just feel as if I’ve seen people have more success with Dr. Cinik on this forum. If anyone can provide more insight on this or any other suggestions for doctors that would be greatly appreciated. I’m really hoping I can get this first hair transplant done for under 10000 usd when it’s all said and done.

attached is pictures of my hair loss, with my hair grown out and shaved. I’ve also included the response from hair of Istanbul.

009749AD-8D3C-4665-ABD2-07EF9489851F.jpeg

34EC9D47-26CC-45B2-A659-B25404CBAEE4.jpeg

86D9FA10-0923-40E9-8EEF-5B353A0B86BB.jpeg

07FAE4B6-358C-4A4E-89B0-16857819EFDF.jpeg

F4E6C6F1-18E6-4905-B511-FD06B957E5BA.jpeg

E1ED0356-9037-4E05-A6D7-E01B82A55C69.jpeg

27AD3DB2-F334-4844-8C32-3437B1688B38.jpeg

22E43D4E-B8AA-45E4-9F0F-82D187B52DF5.jpeg

3A993226-AC25-4CA9-8590-16F067038E4F.png

90956A44-B38E-4B89-A6F3-E62277EDD7D9.png

Hi

In my opinion, for your age and advanced hair loss level and your donor appears good I think you’re a good candidate for an HT. I’ve seen results from Hair of Istanbul and they look good but it’s mainly from their social media marketing and not from patients themselves so I would be cautious with them or any other clinic where you don’t see many or any patient posts.

If your ht budget is $10k max then I think for the coverage you need, Dr Diep would be out of range for you, unless you do some kind of payment plan with him.

For Turkey, I would suggest you check out current patient  results from HLC clinic, Dr Keser, Dr Pekiner, Dr Demirsoy and ASMED, maybe Cinik, and avoid the heavily marketed hair mills.

Good luck!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Hi

In my opinion, for your age and advanced hair loss level and your donor appears good I think you’re a good candidate for an HT. I’ve seen results from Hair of Istanbul and they look good but it’s mainly from their social media marketing and not from patients themselves so I would be cautious with them or any other clinic where you don’t see many or any patient posts.

If your ht budget is $10k max then I think for the coverage you need, Dr Diep would be out of range for you, unless you do some kind of payment plan with him.

For Turkey, I would suggest you check out current patient  results from HLC clinic, Dr Keser, Dr Pekiner, Dr Demirsoy and ASMED, maybe Cinik, and avoid the heavily marketed hair mills.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply! I wanted to ask if you had to choose between ASMED and Cinik which one would you choose and why?

3 hours ago, thatguy776 said:

Thanks for the reply! I wanted to ask if you had to choose between ASMED and Cinik which one would you choose and why?

You’re welcome!

Well, I already chose, and I had my HT done with ASMED, and was happy with their service and staff and am happy with my results, so I wouldn’t want to sound biased as I have not had an experience with Cinik’s clinic so you’d have to looks at patients posted 12-month (at least) results from both and decide for yourself, although, Cinik is less on the cost scale from what I’ve seen, if your budget is limited.