is My donor area suitable

If you would like to shave down extremely short, and you are relaxed with your hair situation currently, I would ask you to reconsider. As Melvin said, scars to some degree will be evident. You are receiving thousands of tiny punches into your scalp. Depending on your skin tone and physiology will dictate how visual they may be, but they will be there none the less.

Regarding the photo that you have shared showing a higher hairline. I would suggest considering your loss and limited donor, a more conservative design may be appropriate. The final placement and design will be influenced by your final objectives, and your donor density. If your physician decides only 1000 grafts can be taken from your donor area as opposed to 2500 grafts, they are two different scenarios that would require 2 different approaches. 

Have you consulted with any of the most respected physicians to understand what they feel may be possible?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I agree...most guys would have to buzz no lower than a number two, possibly a one depending on how well the healing is with minimal scar tissue showing.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 11/12/2019 at 6:16 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Can you post an example of what you feel would be an acceptable result.

yes I'm definitely reconsidering the whole thing, which will be less hassle in the long run. 

Sounds like you are setting more realistic expectations...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Ukd6 said:

yes I'm definitely reconsidering the whole thing, which will be less hassle in the long run. 

That's good, you look good bald man, if you want to have a procedure you cant shave your head.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

That's good, you look good bald man, if you want to have a procedure you cant shave your head.

Thanks man appreciate it.  have realised that considering a ht, I have felt really stressed about it. feeling better now I have decided against a ht. maybe when cloning comes in I'll look again. 

• Like 1