Dr. Arocha - 2000 FUE Beard Transplant

I know this is early, but I want to share what our patients look like immediately following a beard transplant. I'll update as soon as he comes in for his follow-up visits. This patient did not have a beard and desired a full beard transplant. Dr. Arocha performed a 2000 graft FUE (follicular unit extraction) beard transplant. The after images were taken immediately following his procedure. 

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

• Administrators

Looking forward to your updates! 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 11/13/2019 at 1:25 AM, LonelyGraft said:

Why was only occipital hair used?

Hi LonelyGraft,

The patient had very nice density and it will not be missed from that particular area. Doc took some from the side, but had he needed more grafts, he would have continued advancing toward the temporal area. 

Thank you!

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

On 11/18/2019 at 1:29 AM, Briguy said:

Does Dr. Arocha transplant Beard grafts to the scalp.

I have already had a fut and fue and want to keep the rest of my donor scalp.

Thanks for your help. 

Yes, Dr. Arocha does that on occasion in patients with limited scalp donor. The beard is the next best donor to use for scalp since the anlagen growth phase lasts about a year - not quite as good as scalp, which is two to six years. 

Hi all, 

We just received updated photos from this particular patient a couple of days ago, so I wanted to share. This update is just four months after his beard transplant procedure. Will continue to update as we see him in for follow-ups. 

thumb_IMG_8840_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_8841_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_8842_1024.jpg

On 11/21/2019 at 4:50 PM, LaserCap said:

Wow, only 4 months? That's great!

Yes - only 4 months. Doc has been seeing quite a few beard cases, so we want to document as his result progresses. 

• 1 month later...

Hi all, 

We received some updated photos from this beard transplant patient that I wanted to share. These were taken right around 5 months post-op. 

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

• Like 2

Definitely a big improvement here. Are the timelines for facial hair transplants any different than scalp transplants? I'd assume they're similar since they use the same donor, but I don't know if recipient area influences this at all...

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Are the timelines for facial hair transplants any different than scalp transplants? I'd assume they're similar since they use the same donor, but I don't know if recipient area influences this at all...

Good question. I’m interested to know this, as well.

No.  The recipient area will have a negligible effect but only just so.  

Interesting.  Some years ago I asked about the quality of the hair.  Would the hair take the characteristics of the hair located in the recipient area?  Answer - not really.  The area will have a very slight effect but not much.  

So, the hair in the beard will now grow a lot quicker which means a bit more maintenance trimming.  But I wouldn't mind if I had that result!

On 1/9/2020 at 8:22 PM, LaserCap said:

Impressive....and all growing naturally.  Nice shingling effect.  Can't help but observe how well it matches the mustache.  Great work Doctor!

Thank you, LaserCap!

On 1/10/2020 at 1:45 PM, Mycroft said:

Definitely a big improvement here. Are the timelines for facial hair transplants any different than scalp transplants? I'd assume they're similar since they use the same donor, but I don't know if recipient area influences this at all...

Great question. The timeline isn't necessarily any different, but doc has seen an accelerated timeline of growth in some recent beard transplant patients. 

39 minutes ago, duchaine said:

first time I see a natural result for beard.

Well, thank you! Dr. Arocha sends his thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2020 at 11:07 PM, ArochaAngel4247 said:

Hi all, 

We received some updated photos from this beard transplant patient that I wanted to share. These were taken right around 5 months post-op. 

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Wow!!! Love it so much. Real natural and noone would ever think this beard has been transplanted! Top result : )

On 1/29/2020 at 5:16 AM, OliverAtom said:

Wow!!! Love it so much. Real natural and noone would ever think this beard has been transplanted! Top result : )

Thanks so much, OliverAtom. 

• Like 1