Dr Diep experiences

hey guys, i'm new here, sorry if this is the wrong place to be posting this...

i've seen all the great work of Diep, but i was wondering if there are any negative reviews out there, any bad experiences...?

His videos are great, but he rarely shows the donor area or does a proper comb through.

Thanks

• Administrators

Every surgeon has negative reviews, Dr. Diep is no different, but most of his results are elite. Dr. Diep, was my surgeon, so it may sound biased but he really did change my life, so it's hard not to be a bit biased. I suggest going on the Advanced Search Page and start looking up real reviews from others, that way you can form your own opinion. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks man. I've seen your results actually and follow your videos. It seems to be a great job and I'm sure you're pleased. 

My main concern is the thickness of my hair. You obviously have very thick black hair. Mine is the complete opposite, browny/blonde but incredibly fine. It seems hard to find someone to talk to that has had an operation with Diep that has the same kind of hair as mine...

So i wonder if i would be a good candidate. i.e. would the density be achievable? And how would the FUE scars look at the donor region?

Ur balding hair should be thin so make sure ur comparing ur donor hair when u say you think ur hair is incredibly fine. I bet ur donor hair is more avg thickness that you think.

As far as diep I also had him. Hes a doctor so he will have some homeruns and some strikeouts. I unfortunately didnt get Melvin type results from diep. I would rate my ht 3.5 out of 10. 10 being homerun.

As far as scars once again idk its variable. Me and Melvin are perfect example. We both got diep ,both got 1mm punch both hair black hair and light skin and his scars are less noticeable than mine from how I interpret his posts, I swelled alot after surgery and idk if Melvin did too but maybe that's the cause idk. I could post some narly post op pics but dont wanna scare u lol. Thing is with scaring tho their is a certain point where they will be unnoticeable. Some ppl are lucky and can buzz it to half guard and their good while other need to have longer and their good with 3 or 4 guard

With doctor selection it is what it is. Their is no absolute right and wrong choice it's just a choice. You just pick person you feel best about after researching and hope for the best. Would I have gotten better results from hasson and wong or asmed we'll never know because they all have homeruns, avg reaults and blunders from time to time.

Edited by BlessUp
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply man. 

Both the top and the donor area is thin, yes. but i guess the donor area is slightly thicker. 

3.5 sorry to hear that. 

Any particular traits that make the scars more unnoticeable? you think it's better for thin haired guys? And would it be ok to see some 12 month post op pics if you have any..?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, follically challenged said:

Thanks for the reply man. 

Both the top and the donor area is thin, yes. but i guess the donor area is slightly thicker. 

3.5 sorry to hear that. 

Any particular traits that make the scars more unnoticeable? you think it's better for thin haired guys? And would it be ok to see some 12 month post op pics if you have any..?

Scarring is largely physiological. As bless up mentioned, we both went to the same surgeon, received the same size punches, but my scars are negligible. I haven’t seen his scars, but mine are well-documented on YouTube. I have no issues shaving down to a #1. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Dr. Diep is very good.  If money is no issue for you, then he is an excellent choice. for me, it was just out of my budget, and my hairloss was not bothering me enough that I was gonna spend $30k on it.  so I chose another doc that had a solid reputation, but was much lower. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 11/10/2019 at 7:40 PM, follically challenged said:

'Physiological' meaning what...? Luck of what type skin you have, and little to do with hair color/thickness? 

Any idea if psoriasis would play a part in heavy scarring?

How well you scar. I don’t think psoriasis has anything to do with scarring, but some people just heal better than others. I’m not exactly sure why, but it could be collagen. That’s just a guess. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• 2 weeks later...