Question regarding supplements ?????????

axor

Hello, so I`ve had my DHI hair transplant 2 months ago and the doctors gave me a medicine there, containing zinc , copper ,iodine, folic acid, b12 and other stuff, while most people on these forums say that no medicine is needed after hair transplant, but i see many threads here on people getting tons of supplements from their clinics after hair transplant.

So my question is simple, is anything as supplement needed after hair transplant for good results or not ? if yes which are those vitamins and minerals needed ? tx

Many products such as Biotin and "hair vitamins" such as the vitamins that you have mentioned with the addition of sulfur and amino acids are often recommended. This is for general overall hair health. Healthy growing and healthy hair. 

I dont believe that it is going to enhance the results from your procedure, or I am pretty sure that every single physician would be heavily recommending it/them. But after investing time and money into your procedure, it makes sense to improve how you take care of your hair overall and anything that could potentially "boost" your hair is a plus in my book.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Keep in mind hair is harvested from the donor area.  That's because there is hair dominance compared to other areas. If the hair is permanent in the donor, it will be permanent wherever it's placed.  No vitamins or products required.

Some years ago copper peptide was recommended immediately post op to speed the healing process.  That simmered down.  So, when I read about a post op package of any kind, it's because the practice is trying to make more money.

Your daily diet will typically address all that's needed.  There are several studies out there regarding the intake of vitamins.  Some say they work, others feel it does not do a thing.  As for Biotin, it will not help with retention nor enhancement. It can, however, make the hair look as healthy as it can be.

You mentioned shedding hair.  That's normal and I would not worry about it.  Many believe 100 hairs a day is normal.  (The follicle gets tired of producing hair and goes into a dormant stage. That hair will typically return in 3-4 months.  This will happen randomly to all the hair in your head - throughout your life. This is not hair loss.

So if you see hair in your hands, tub, sink....smile at yourself because you know this hair will return shortly.........

Interesting, good answer, if you are right then most clinics recommend pills for .. nothing ?

I mean there was a thread around with indian patients who had to take like 10 - 20 ingredients in a supplement, from iodine to molybendum ? copper, folic acid, d3 , a, e, b6 vitamins, panto acid, etc ,etc.

Is that all really useless in the healing  -growth period ?

3 hours ago, axor said:

Interesting, good answer, if you are right then most clinics recommend pills for .. nothing ?

I mean there was a thread around with indian patients who had to take like 10 - 20 ingredients in a supplement, from iodine to molybendum ? copper, folic acid, d3 , a, e, b6 vitamins, panto acid, etc ,etc.

Is that all really useless in the healing  -growth period ?

Either they are under the belief it truly helps patients or they are doing it as a gimmick

The only pill that has anything to do with hair retention is Propecia/Finasteride.

Vitamins do have their place in this world.  If you are short of something - why not.  I guess having a full  panel done would help to find out what you're lacking.

I am under the belief most are useless in the healing/growth period. But that's my opinion.  I am sure others will chime in.

I started taking hair vitamins for men 4 months ago. I never have taken anything else before this, no medication or anything.  I have seen an improvment in my hair after a few months taking the vitamins. The hair shafts have become thicker and stronger looking , I can notice this in the major hair loss areas . I have retrograde alopecia which is thinning over the ears and nape of the neck and after being on the vitamins it has definately improved these areas. I understand the vitamins wont stop hair loss, but it definately helps what you have when taken consistently with a decent diet.

..................Paddy.........