Have to make a choice in a few days

24 minutes ago, Fred88 said:

Joe's also mentioned if considering any association, then ABHRS is the best of all since it's the only one that needs Dr to give a real test. However, you're right and that's why I still have surgeons who are not a member of ABHRS in my list.

Today my list has changed to:

Dr. Pekiner (still there, one of the few who is doing all the process himself). 
Further thinking: 
1. The case here who did not have a good result and it was claimed to be the consequence of not following post-op instructions (I'd like to believe it was DUPA because I can't convince myself not having Finasteride can cause that!). 
2. He's neither in ABHRS nor in IAHRS (need to convince e myself they're not that important but good to have).

Dr. Keser (pictures and hairlines look very natural (the best I've seen so far); apparently does all the process himself)
Further thinking:
1. I don't know how to contact him!
2. He's neither in ABHRS nor in IAHRS.

Dr. Karandeniz (suggested by Joe Tilman but not directly in his videos, member of ABHRS).  
Further thinking: 
1. He just does the incisions. 4 surgeries per day are considered to be a bulky size for me and together with the low price tag resembles cheap clinics.
2. I saw a negative experience on a forum.

Dr. Demisroy (don't know him enough yet, but his results don't look bad)
Further thinking: 
1. He's neither in ABHRS nor in IAHRS.

That's a great and fast research. Well done.

Dont forget things like IAHRS is a good thing, but not every surgeon wants to get on board for various reasons, and one of them can be they're already busy and dont need further exposure neither they want to pay monthly dues.

I would suggest look up on all Joe's classes, learn how good transplant looks like and start looking for yourself. You dont need to rely on any "stamps" on websites. Once you know what a good work looks like, it will be easier to determine good surgeon.

Also keep in mind what work you want to be done. If its hairline, looks who's creating natural hairline that you like. If you have limited donor/large area to cover - look who's doing great work with least amount fo grafts and doing big cases.

As far as I know Dr. Pekiner has great work and I'm considering him myself.

Demirsoy would be my choice if I would have small budget.

Karadeniz was great in my opinion few years back when he was doing job himself, but since he switched to "Turkish style", I wouldn't trust techs. He was working with Joe some time ago, but mutually agreed to stop as he was running his clinic in western way, which is not profitable in Turkey.

Edited by Rolandas

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

1 hour ago, Rolandas said:

Karadeniz was great in my opinion few years back when he was doing job himself, but since he switched to "Turkish style", I wouldn't trust techs. He was working with Joe some time ago, but mutually agreed to stop as he was running his clinic in western way, which is not profitable in Turkey.

I agree. So let's say the most important or the first in one's research is to consider how much of the process is done by the Dr himself.

Edited by Fred88

1 hour ago, Fred88 said:

I agree. So let's say the most important or the first in one's research is to consider how much of the process is done by the Dr himself.

I would agree for myself, but I know few people that dont bother who's doing procedure.

In my perspective, you have 1 shot to get it done. Either successfully or screw it up.

Good luck with your research. I feel you will make a great choice for yourself.

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

• 2 weeks later...

A new update to my list:

My choices are narrowed down to Dr. Pekiner and Dr. Demirsoy.

Dr. Demirsoy suggests 3500-4000 grafts for front, top and crown area. He's using a 0.7-0.8 mm punch size micromotor and does the extraction and incisions himself. The implantation is done by nurses (that's okay).

Dr. Pekiner has not reached me out yet.

It could be awesome if Dr. Demirsoy would have done manual extraction over using a micro motor, as I have heard motor has more potential to damage the adjacent grafts. Is that true?

On 11/10/2019 at 7:07 AM, Guano said:

Whatever you do, I strongly reccommend not going to Koray. You will be disappointed.

I'd choose Pekiner, in fact, I have one booked in with him.

I made the same choice of yours.
I was going to book with ASMED but when I saw koary's latest results on this board, I choose Pekiner.
When will you go to Ankara?

31 minutes ago, duchaine said:

I made the same choice of yours.
I was going to book with ASMED but when I saw koary's latest results on this board, I choose Pekiner.
When will you go to Ankara?

I will be going january. Bit nervous but i just want to get it over and done with.

1 minute ago, duchaine said:

I'm going in January the 6th!
And I'm nervous too!

Have you already booked the flight? This is exactly around the only time I'd have off from work to go there, around 6-10th. Hopefully they can squeeze me in. 

6 minutes ago, Fred88 said:

Have you already booked the flight? This is exactly around the only time I'd have off from work to go there, around 6-10th. Hopefully they can squeeze me in. 

from what I know, Pekiner has only one patient per day! 
I'll have my transplant 6-7. day 3 (1.8) I'll have medication.
So you can ask for January the 8...

Edited by duchaine

7 minutes ago, Fred88 said:

Tomorrow I should book the flight.
I want to stay 3 days in Istanbul (never stay there but some friends of mine told me it is amazing) and then I'll have my head shaved and I'll go to Ankara...

Just now, duchaine said:

Tomorrow I should book the flight.
I want to stay 3 days in Istanbul (never stay there but some friends of mine told me it is amazing) and then I'll have my head shaved and I'll go to Ankara...

I'll try to get the one on the 8th. Have a good time there. Don't feel nervous. You've made a confident choice of dr and you'll end with a great result in return.

7 minutes ago, Fred88 said:

I'll try to get the one on the 8th. Have a good time there. Don't feel nervous. You've made a confident choice of dr and you'll end with a great result in return.

tnx buddy!
If you can, see my pics to give an opinion on my starting point!

22 minutes ago, duchaine said:

I'm going in January the 6th!
And I'm nervous too!

I'm nervous also man, but i'm excited. I'm tired of my hair situation,  I just want to stop spending so much energy thinking about it. I think we are in good hands though, he seems like a good doctor.

1 minute ago, Guano said:

I'm nervous also man, but i'm excited. I'm tired of my hair situation,  I just want to stop spending so much energy thinking about it. I think we are in good hands though, he seems like a good doctor.

I've to be honest. My hair situation is good but my "deep temples" destroy my face...So I decided to fix the problem.
Considering what I saw here, Pekiner is one of the best for hairline. The best results I saw for hairline were from: Hasson, Couto, De Freitas and Pekiner.

1 hour ago, duchaine said:

I've to be honest. My hair situation is good but my "deep temples" destroy my face...So I decided to fix the problem.
Considering what I saw here, Pekiner is one of the best for hairline. The best results I saw for hairline were from: Hasson, Couto, De Freitas and Pekiner.

Mines pre much the same, the hair isn't too far gone but my temples have receded & the front of my scalp has lost a lot of density.. 

The only critique I have about Pekiner is that sometimes his hairline design seems like he puts a lot of doubles and tripples which im a bit skeptical of

It is better you choose a doctor who does extractions and implantation himself. I wouldn't go with Koray as from what I have heard, his technicians do all the work while he watches from a monitor in his office. I went with Dr. Kaan Pekiner 10 months ago and couldn't be happier. He is in my opinion one of, if not the best in Turkey. He is also extremely ethical. My thread: 

Attached is a recent picture of my hairline with wet hair: 

1293829634_InkedWeChatImage_20191126110050_LI.jpg.a65ee9f8c2fe8859071155ae4cdd5f9d.jpg

Edited by doctoroctopus
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, doctoroctopus said:

It is better you choose a doctor who does extractions and implantation himself. I wouldn't go with Koray as from what I have heard, his technicians do all the work while he watches from a monitor in his office. I went with Dr. Kaan Pekiner 10 months ago and couldn't be happier. He is in my opinion one of, if not the best in Turkey. He is also extremely ethical. My thread: 

Attached is a recent picture of my hairline with wet hair: 

1293829634_InkedWeChatImage_20191126110050_LI.jpg.a65ee9f8c2fe8859071155ae4cdd5f9d.jpg

Your thread is one of the reasons I choose Pekiner.
@Guano I can't say he uses too much double and triple. What I can say is I like a less dense look for my age and I do not love straight lines...I'll ask for a more rounded hairline.

I have finally made a decision and currently on the process of booking with Dr Demirsoy. 

I extended my research a bit more and found out:

He'd been doing FUT in the past, so extended experience in HT. Many HT surgeries over years, so you are at safe hands.

Joe Tilman has named him as a recommended surgeon in the UK forum.

He'd been doing manual extraction in the past but motorized now. Extractions are done by himself so no fear of damaging hair follicles or scaring.

To be honest, the hairline in his cases look way more natural. I personally don't like doll-shape round hairline. 

He has recommend me 3500-4000 for all areas including Frontline, top and the crown area, all in one go (as Dr Pekiner told me the same, that crown can be covered in one go or after 6 months, and I'm eligible for both options). What do you guys say? Any possibility of permanent hair shock? I have no idea about that.

Please tell me what you think with my choice overall (honest comments) as I still have time to review back my decision.

12 hours ago, Fred88 said:

I have finally made a decision and currently on the process of booking with Dr Demirsoy. 

He'd been doing FUT in the past, so extended experience in HT. Many HT surgeries over years, so you are at safe hands.

He'd been doing manual extraction in the past but motorized now. Extractions are done by himself so no fear of damaging hair follicles or scaring.

To be honest, the hairline in his cases look way more natural. I personally don't like doll-shape round hairline. 

He has recommend me 3500-4000 for all areas including Frontline, top and the crown area, all in one go (as Dr Pekiner told me the same, that crown can be covered in one go or after 6 months, and I'm eligible for both options). What do you guys say? Any possibility of permanent hair shock? I have no idea about that.

Please tell me what you think with my choice overall (honest comments) as I still have time to review back my decision.

I remember having Demirsoy on my list and he really looks like a solid choice, however what I decided to go for is not having a megasession in one day as you can get over harvested as well as grafts survival rate drops.

I would chose Pekiner as he does smaller session a day, which means he has more time to think and do a better job overall.

I've tried to book with him as well, but his comment that he wants to use beard grafts on me (estimated 3000 grafts. 2500 scalp and 500 beard) on a virgin scalp just didn't sound good to me... I believe body hair should be used as a last resort as it's completely different texture hair.

Best of luck!

Follow me on YouTube

19 minutes ago, Rolandas said:

I remember having Demirsoy on my list and he really looks like a solid choice, however what I decided to go for is not having a megasession in one day as you can get over harvested as well as grafts survival rate drops.

I would chose Pekiner as he does smaller session a day, which means he has more time to think and do a better job overall.

I've tried to book with him as well, but his comment that he wants to use beard grafts on me (estimated 3000 grafts. 2500 scalp and 500 beard) on a virgin scalp just didn't sound good to me... I believe body hair should be used as a last resort as it's completely different texture hair.

Best of luck!

Pekiner is a very good surgeon and he is a conservative of the donor area, on other European reports I have seen results of his patients and I have not found one that has gone wrong, although he has mega sessions with beard hair, I have been for a while  in contact with his consultant, also a very good person, but unfortunately he was not within my financial reach.  In my opinion Pekiner is the number one surgeon in Turkey.

14 hours ago, Fred88 said:

If he is using motorized now I would strongly suggest you reconsider your choice, or at least think deeply about your decision. The average rates of graft survival between manual and motorized are not comparable. If you do a comparison of docs doing manual FUE and motorized, you will be shocked by how inconsistent and often outright poor the motorized results are.

22 minutes ago, Szotz_257 said:

If he is using motorized now I would strongly suggest you reconsider your choice, or at least think deeply about your decision. The average rates of graft survival between manual and motorized are not comparable. If you do a comparison of docs doing manual FUE and motorized, you will be shocked by how inconsistent and often outright poor the motorized results are.

That kinda scares me a bit. Is that a proven statement? I don't know many who are doing manual; just Pekiner and Keser. But I kinda guess that also huge price different is coming from there.

Edited by Fred88

Just now, Fred88 said:

That kinda scares me a bit. Is that a proven statement? I don't know many who are doing manual; just Pekiner and Keser. But I kinda guess the also huge price different is coming from there.

Do a systematic comparison of before/afters and you will see it very quickly. I was honestly quite shocked at how apparent it was. I'm considering doing a separate thread on it. When you think about it it is quite logical why it is the case: Grafts are fragile things. Motorized punch submits them to additional heat and torque, and the doc or the tech doing the extraction loses the fine sense of control during the extractions. Motorized users also seem to have more patients suffering permanent damage or shock loss to the donor.

27 minutes ago, Szotz_257 said:

That's not how you compare "survival rate". Take one doctor and make him master manual and motorised punches and then ask to perform extractions with both tools one after another. That's how you can compare and know for sure if it's true or not.

So many doctors are using micro motor with excellent results and vise versa.

Don't focus on tool, focus on result. After 20 years you will not care what tool doc used, you will care how you look.

Follow me on YouTube