Month 2 after DHI and not one single hair loss ??????????????

Hello,

I am at month 2 after my first hair transplant done with DHI in Turkey,

I have been told that the hair will fall out in 2 or 3 weeks and grow again, 

Yet I am in month 2 today and I have not lost even one strand of hair since my hair transplant, the hair grew a lot, less in recipient areas thou but still visible growth.

Any idea what is going on ?? will this hair fall or not ?

What answer will you be satisfied with, one that says you are anomaly.  After FUT and FUE I never had shedding, and I never found that a point of concern.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

On 11/5/2019 at 12:19 PM, axor said:

Hello,

Yet I am in month 2 today and I have not lost even one strand of hair since my hair transplant, the hair grew a lot, less in recipient areas thou but still visible growth.

There are a couple of things that happen during a procedure. 1st there is the shaving of the donor.  (There will typically be a short stubble along with the follicular unit so the clinical staff can grab it and transport it to the recipient site the doctor made).  Each time the doctor makes a site, there will be a bit of blood. A few days post op this blood will dry up and turn into a crust.  And, as this is happening, the short stubble continues to grow.  At 7-10 days most recommend scrubbing off.  This is when the "stubble/hair falls off.  Some people call it shedding but this is incorrect. From time to time the hair just continues growing - which seems it's what happened in your case.  This means absolutely nothing except you are 3-4 months ahead of everyone else. (Eventually this same hair will fall into the shedding routine.  This will happen to all the hair in your head throughout your life...not all at the same time but in intervals).

There are two types of loss.  The one you see and the one you don't.  The hair you see in the tub, sink, floor, pillow - is normal.  The follicle gets tired of producing hair and it takes a vacation.  That hair eventually will return.  The hair you don't see is hair loss.

Go to the mirror and look at your temporal areas.  You'll notice the caliber of each shaft. Some are thick and robust while others are very fine.  As the strand becomes thinner and thinner, (called miniaturization), eventually the hair does not seem to grow and eventually dissipates and disappears. 

As far as medical therapy is concerned.....If you've shown the propensity to lose, you will continue losing.  It is imperative you do some type of medical therapy to help you retain and perhaps enhance the native hair.  (Meds are not intended for you to re-grow anything.  Nothing out there regrows hair.  It is intended for you to keep what you have and hopefully thicken up the miniaturized hair). Propecia, Rogaine, Laser and PRP are the modalities we typically discussed.  The mechanism of action of each is totally different and are thus, synergistic.  Hope you're doing something otherwise you'll continue losing hair and have to return to do more grafts and never improving density.

• Moderators
On 11/5/2019 at 3:19 PM, axor said:

If it hasn't fallen out by now then it probably won't. Most of it usually falls out withing two weeks, but there are some rare cases where almost none of it falls out. I had a session where a one inch section never fell out, but all the rest did. If it hasn't fallen out then you are several months ahead of the game and you will probably have some really good growth earlier than most others.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 11/7/2019 at 6:33 PM, LaserCap said:

There are a couple of things that happen during a procedure. 1st there is the shaving of the donor.  (There will typically be a short stubble along with the follicular unit so the clinical staff can grab it and transport it to the recipient site the doctor made).  Each time the doctor makes a site, there will be a bit of blood. A few days post op this blood will dry up and turn into a crust.  And, as this is happening, the short stubble continues to grow.  At 7-10 days most recommend scrubbing off.  This is when the "stubble/hair falls off.  Some people call it shedding but this is incorrect. From time to time the hair just continues growing - which seems it's what happened in your case.  This means absolutely nothing except you are 3-4 months ahead of everyone else. (Eventually this same hair will fall into the shedding routine.  This will happen to all the hair in your head throughout your life...not all at the same time but in intervals).

There are two types of loss.  The one you see and the one you don't.  The hair you see in the tub, sink, floor, pillow - is normal.  The follicle gets tired of producing hair and it takes a vacation.  That hair eventually will return.  The hair you don't see is hair loss.

Go to the mirror and look at your temporal areas.  You'll notice the caliber of each shaft. Some are thick and robust while others are very fine.  As the strand becomes thinner and thinner, (called miniaturization), eventually the hair does not seem to grow and eventually dissipates and disappears. 

As far as medical therapy is concerned.....If you've shown the propensity to lose, you will continue losing.  It is imperative you do some type of medical therapy to help you retain and perhaps enhance the native hair.  (Meds are not intended for you to re-grow anything.  Nothing out there regrows hair.  It is intended for you to keep what you have and hopefully thicken up the miniaturized hair). Propecia, Rogaine, Laser and PRP are the modalities we typically discussed.  The mechanism of action of each is totally different and are thus, synergistic.  Hope you're doing something otherwise you'll continue losing hair and have to return to do more grafts and never improving density.

I ve seen people : example be it Zabit Samedov Azer fighter who has super good denisty and had only 1 procedure,

I doubt that fighters like him can be on propecia or finasteride, whatever, so do you think it cannot be possible to have good denisty after first transplant ? there are other cases of such people that don't take finasterid and still they get nice results. What  causes this ?

Pics

DHI hair transplant

Post OP month nr 2.

Total grafts : 4700

I will try to find the pre OP photos, the hair loss was prety bad. Temples were gone, receeded a lot and there was a hole in the back of the head - crown bald spot (you know that spot)

b81fa1e6-e76d-4012-ade7-2025b9893244.jpg

3a636018-6060-4703-a07f-09e92ae35c67.jpg

04de1add-3fd2-455f-8f88-9c7c396976f8.jpg

Hair was shaved 1 week ago with measure 3, it kinda looked a bit different leveled like a straight vertical line with less hair, centered in the middle and less on temples too, as you can see there is less hair on temples than rest

Edited by axor