Going back to work

Hey Guys,

Planning on having a HT done relatively soon. Just curious how did you guys manage to deal with having to go back to work. 

I'm trying to request 4-6 weeks off in order to allow proper time to heal. I work in an office environment and i'm pretty close with most of my colleagues, I just don't want it to be overtly obvious when I come back that i've had work done.

Did any of you guys have any instances where people at work had their suspicions or possibly questioned how your hair grew so much all of a sudden?

@Guano meanwhile the hair will not grow back any time soon, it will take 3/4 months to see them reappear, then when the crusts fall off your head, you can go back to work and it will seem like you have shaved your scalp, that is between 7 and 15 days  after the transplant.

I assume that you are having FUE?  If so, the scabbing and crusts will be long gone by the time you return to work...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

10 hours ago, gillenator said:

I assume that you are having FUE?  If so, the scabbing and crusts will be long gone by the time you return to work...;)

Hey, its not so the early stages i'm worried about.. its more the after math.. like when i just grow an immense amount of hair on my receeding hair line will people just sort of notice or will it be too gradual for them to pickup on..

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:09 AM, Guano said:

Hey, its not so the early stages i'm worried about.. its more the after math.. like when i just grow an immense amount of hair on my receeding hair line will people just sort of notice or will it be too gradual for them to pickup on..

Because the regrowth period takes 12-15 months to full mature, most won't notice the subtle changes unless you have a real large session and after 12 months you obviously will look completely different.

But I have found that when an individual has outstanding work done, people will notice in a very positive context...they won't be critical but will be curious in a complimentary way.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY