Lost my hair after transplant

Medina

Dude that's shockloss.. after hair transplant both you're transplanted hair and native hair fall and for that we are recommended to use minoxidil and finasteride for 6 months so that we can protect our native hair until shockloss is over 

• Like 1

@Medina

I also responded to your post on another forum. Can you provide current photographs? Is the day 18 photo your current situation?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Day 18 is my situation 

Day 5 was good but then slowly thinning in the crown since then 

I have not heard of shockloss in the healthy area of scalp 

I am not on any medication. Maybe I should start minox?

Edited by Medina

I would suggest that if the day 18 photos are current, that it is most likely shock loss. Hairs that are healthy and strong can still experience shock loss. The good thing is that they will grow back. It may take several months which is frustrating.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Administrators

Definitely sounds like shock loss. Shock loss can occur on the recipient and the donor. Give it a few months. You can start taking biotin, folic acid, niacin and minoxidil. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just now, Melvin-Moderator said:

Definitely sounds like shock loss. Shock loss can occur on the recipient and the donor. Give it a few months. You can start taking biotin, folic acid, niacin and minoxidil. 

This isn't the recipient or the donor. This is the crown, which was not touched. 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Medina said:

This isn't the recipient or the donor. This is the crown, which was not touched. 

Shock loss can occur on other sections of the hair which have not been touched. There are several things that can cause shock loss, which includes anesthetic agents used to numb your scalp. Also, looking at the pictures, the angles don't match. It could be the angle and the lighting of the photo making your hair look worse.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Most likely shock-loss.  You should be fine in 3-4 months.  Whether to take meds is of course up to you.  Personally, I’ve never taken a drug of any kind for hair retention but they are very popular on this web-site.  Looking forward to pictures in a couple months. Happy growing.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2019 at 7:36 PM, Medina said:

I've developed an NW6 pattern 2weeks after hair transplant

The crown was good in shape before but now looks very thin

What is going on here?

DAY 18.jpg

SiMTRCc.jpg

As many have said... it´s just shock loss... you are going to be OK and around 3-4 months all those new hairs will start coming out : )

Thanks for sharing!

• 4 weeks later...

You should be seeing some growth in a few weeks.  Keep us posted.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.