Jump to content
vikingsfan914

Who will be best surgeon for my hair transplant ?

Recommended Posts

I am a 31 year old male with thin blonde hair. I am a Norwood 4-5. I am currently looking for a hair transplant. I am not concerned with cost and would like to get the best possible hair transplant for me. I have already met with Shapiro Medical group in MN but want to know of other doctors who would be good for my hair style. I have attached photos for reference. Any insight you can offer is greatly appreciated. 

IMG_7600.jpg

IMG_7601.jpg

IMG_7602.jpg

IMG_7603.jpg

IMG_7604.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, LaserCap said:

Dr. Arocha is in Texas

Dr. Alexander is in Arizona

I consulted with Dr Alexander, a top quality doctor who would look after you well. Dr Arocha has posted fantastic work on here.  Feller and Bloxham is worth looking at, based in New York.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, vikingsfan914 said:

 I have already met with Shapiro Medical group in MN 

These are great doctors already.  I would guess they recommended 2 x FUT, 12-18 months apart as the solution.

But no harm looking around.  J Cooley another great Doctor and B Bloxham, S Gabel etc.


4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

My results thread from 1st procedure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You've been given great names. I would take a look at Hasson and Wong, Dr. Gabel, Dr. Diep, Dr. Mohebi. That said, Dr. Shapiro is an excellent choice.


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I second Dr Arocha in Texas as I’ve had work done with him and I’m thrilled with his work so far. I also agree with every single doctor’s name you’ve been given and I would add Raymond Konior, in Chicago, to that  list.

Good luck 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone for your feedback here. A quick question. What would be the advantage of going with one of the other doctors listed as opposed to Shapiro Medical Group? Are any of these other doctors listed significantly better than the doctors at Shapior medical group?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vikingsfan914 said:

Thanks everyone for your feedback here. A quick question. What would be the advantage of going with one of the other doctors listed as opposed to Shapiro Medical Group? Are any of these other doctors listed significantly better than the doctors at Shapior medical group?
 

All of the surgeons mentioned are elite. You should consult with as many surgeons, because you may like other aspects, for example hairline design, distance, and bedside manner. 


I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dr.Hasson, Dr.Carlos Wesley & Dr.Konior - the current three posting the best "homerun" results in North America from what I can see of recent clinic and patient own postings. Dr.Rahal was in the mix previously for FUT but something seems slightly amiss about the feedback from Rahal recently.

For large strip mega-sessions of 5,000 grafts or more like you'd need - I think Dr.Hasson seems to be a leader in this space in both grabbing as much hair in one session as possible and leaving a great scar. In Europe Hattigen Hair seem to be doing very big FUT cases too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are various surgeons for Hair Transplant but the cost of treatment is affordable in India. You can choose the best surgeon by checking the background of the doctor, the results of the treatment already provided. You can also talk to previous patients of the doctor. The new testimonial option available on various websites can definitely help you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2019 at 12:22 AM, vikingsfan914 said:

Thanks everyone for your feedback here. A quick question. What would be the advantage of going with one of the other doctors listed as opposed to Shapiro Medical Group? Are any of these other doctors listed significantly better than the doctors at Shapior medical group?
 

I did a transplant with Ron Shapiro. I spent a lot of time researching both European, Indian and American surgeons. I also did a big job in understanding the FUT vs FUE. I decided FUT as it is more efficient and you get better extraction results. Superior actually and you can get a lot more out of it. 2xFUT and then another 2xFUE if you need. If you go the other way around it is 2xFUE ONLY... And FUT extracts massive amounts compared to FUE in comparison. I have ca 11000 grafts extracted and I have heard people doing up to 16000 in extreme cases.

Then I went through all the experts and I found Ron Shapiro as the superior of them all. He did research and star doing the "modern" FUT long before everyone else. His results were also far better with regards to shock , depth vs height.
He has less complaints than most others do have.

Then I took off in December 2011 and there was a whole team working with me from the morning till the late evening (I flew all the way from Europe).

The results was amazing and still 9 years after I have no bad shocks or losing hair from it. I need to complement because of aging but what Ron Shapiro did is superior.

I have seen others also and nothing beats Ron Shapiro.

Highly recommended and noone of the American, Indian nor Europeans beat him.

6 stars out of 5!!

Edited by pfrenn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2019 at 7:22 PM, vikingsfan914 said:

Thanks everyone for your feedback here. A quick question. What would be the advantage of going with one of the other doctors listed as opposed to Shapiro Medical Group? Are any of these other doctors listed significantly better than the doctors at Shapior medical group?
 

Nope.  Shapiro can do a few FUT's with you and all of his techniques are state of the art.  If you are comfortable with them - go for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2020 at 11:56 AM, pfrenn said:

I did a transplant with Ron Shapiro. I spent a lot of time researching both European, Indian and American surgeons. I also did a big job in understanding the FUT vs FUE. I decided FUT as it is more efficient and you get better extraction results. Superior actually and you can get a lot more out of it. 2xFUT and then another 2xFUE if you need. If you go the other way around it is 2xFUE ONLY... And FUT extracts massive amounts compared to FUE in comparison. I have ca 11000 grafts extracted and I have heard people doing up to 16000 in extreme cases.

Then I went through all the experts and I found Ron Shapiro as the superior of them all. He did research and star doing the "modern" FUT long before everyone else. His results were also far better with regards to shock , depth vs height.
He has less complaints than most others do have.

Then I took off in December 2011 and there was a whole team working with me from the morning till the late evening (I flew all the way from Europe).

The results was amazing and still 9 years after I have no bad shocks or losing hair from it. I need to complement because of aging but what Ron Shapiro did is superior.

I have seen others also and nothing beats Ron Shapiro.

Highly recommended and noone of the American, Indian nor Europeans beat him.

6 stars out of 5!!

Would be awesome to see your before, one year after and current 9 year after results. It’s rare to find long terms results here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×