Am I a good candidate for hair transplant? (pics inside)

I been losing my hair since I am 24 , I am now 37, my hair loss came to a stop in the last few years and it's pretty much in the same situation since I was 32 or so. My main area of loss are the temples which are almost completely bald and have only very few hairs on them and I am thinning in the all frontal area, wondering if I can expect a good result with a FUE hair transplant? would it be possible for me to achieve enough density without using toppik etc or working too hard to style my hair every time I leave the house?  

(I had started to take fin to stop any further hair loss)

please see attached photos, it's important to know I had SMP done, mostly on my temples, so it gives an illusion of hair there but there almost none 
[IMG] 

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

would love any advice, thanks in advance!

1st, your hair is too short.  I would suggest you let it grow for 2 weeks and post the photos again.  It would be nice to see the back of your head as well.

You have dark hair and light scalp and this makes the loss look worse than it is because of the contrast.  

Can you see the Christmas tree pattern? Very common pattern.  You've kept the forelock which is typically the last to go.  But it is not only the temporal areas you're losing.  You seem to be diffusely thinning in a Norwood 6 pattern.  The first thing I would consider doing is getting on a medical regimen to halt the loss.  I would give it 6-12 months to not only confirm retention but to see if you'll experience some enhancement of the miniaturized hair which you seem to have. (We'll confirm when you let the hair grow a bit).

Transplant wise? If all checks out, concentrate to the front and blend grafts to the mid-scalp area to achieve uniformity.  I would leave the back alone for now. You'll end up with more density in the most prominent area and still be pattern appropriate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LaserCap said:

1st, your hair is too short.  I would suggest you let it grow for 2 weeks and post the photos again.  It would be nice to see the back of your head as well.

You have dark hair and light scalp and this makes the loss look worse than it is because of the contrast.  

Can you see the Christmas tree pattern? Very common pattern.  You've kept the forelock which is typically the last to go.  But it is not only the temporal areas you're losing.  You seem to be diffusely thinning in a Norwood 6 pattern.  The first thing I would consider doing is getting on a medical regimen to halt the loss.  I would give it 6-12 months to not only confirm retention but to see if you'll experience some enhancement of the miniaturized hair which you seem to have. (We'll confirm when you let the hair grow a bit).

Transplant wise? If all checks out, concentrate to the front and blend grafts to the mid-scalp area to achieve uniformity.  I would leave the back alone for now. You'll end up with more density in the most prominent area and still be pattern appropriate.

thank you! good points