Judge Denies Motion To Dismiss Against Artas Restoration Robotics, Inc

• Administrators

I'm not sure if any of you are aware, but last year the company that makes the ARTAS, System were sued. A class-action lawsuit was filed because they had made alleged misrepresentations to shareholders. One of the reasons the case wasn't dismissed, is the judge found that the statement that the ARTAS device had "targeted precision and clean scored incisions" was a misstatement. Thoughts?

Judge Denies Motion To Dismiss Case Against Artas Restoration Robotics Inc

Artasa.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...

ARTAS has a lot of technicalities and claims that judges can go against.   There are people on the board or consultants for ARTAS irrespective of what judges think.  I know many surgeons that let this machine go and tried to get rid of it. 

• Administrators

I know a lot of surgeons as well, I do think the biggest problem isn't necessarily the machine itself, but the fact that the machine is being marketed to surgeons with no experience in hair restoration. Unfortunately, it's being sold and marketed to cosmetic surgeons trying to earn more money by having a machine do the entire procedure. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.