Thank you all for the help and advice. Since my hair loss began 4 years ago, I have really felt super alone in this whole process. I wouldn't speak about it to literally anyone besides my fiance and occasionally my mother. I would never bring it up to my best friends, and whenever hair loss was discussed amongst my friends, family, or coworkers I would stay quiet and wait for the conversation to end. I want you guys to know that I have been thinking about doing this for a while, not just because I'm getting married in a year. I went for a consultation and heard nothing about my donor area being too thin, so hopefully Dr. Pekiner in Turkey will feel the same. I understand that one should not think about budget, but you have to when it's this amount of money. Obviously I would never want to go cheaper and achieve poor results, but there has to be doctors out there who are just as good and are significantly cheaper than ones in the US. I think Dr. Pekiner may be just that so I will see what he has to say. 

You can get screwed by a known doc in North America or a doc in Turkey.   It doesnt matter if you pay more or less.  What matters is a doctors ethics on how he will approach your case, or what they suggest, what is there surgical protocol etc.  If you do decide to get this done by a doc from here or Turkey, let any doctor you go to know the following: I am using my full rights to post everything about this procedure with you on forums as you are working on virgin scalp and it will be good documentation for everyone, then see how many are confident in their procedure and how many turn you away.  You will realize a lot of truth.

This industry isnt really strongly built upon strong ethics, very few docs possess patient safety or safely working on a patient.  Very few docs will refund if there is a screw up, very few will try to do a repair.  Everything sounds good when they try to get you in the chair and then talk showcase result with you but when shit hits the fan, they try to distance or get assistance from folks online or previous patients to try to discredit you and etc.  you have to be around many years to see this and read hundreds of thousands of posts and responses and behavior patterns.

Id try to see if meds can stabilize and you do not want to implant between weaker native hair, you can end up with permanent shockloss.  My donor developed patches due to compressed extractions etc., Recipient zone was heavily scarred limiting blood flow and causing myriad of issues.  I am still struggling and some folks are trying to shortchange me while some including officials realize there is a genuine issue with the entire ordeal.  

as an ongoing harmed repair patient, i urge you to tread this path very carefully.  I had more native hairs then you before i started My journey but now i am in 10 times worse shape.  The last thing id want is a person to go in and end up with scarring and harm.  You should get in person consults in NY to see what docs say.  

This is not want you want to end up with— that front thin looking zone is a supposed high density recipient zone via fue-  look at this fake looking hairline and wack ass angulation- skim scarring and slight discoloration due to ridging and pitting-  it killed native hairs and you can see the natural non transplant hairs behind the frontal recipient zone

CF61AB64-805D-423B-B600-028221D56344.thumb.jpeg.1b3af6808fab9dcf6d8729167fe819e9.jpeg

Best of luck to you

2 hours ago, bkenn said:

Thank you all for the help and advice. Since my hair loss began 4 years ago, I have really felt super alone in this whole process. I wouldn't speak about it to literally anyone besides my fiance and occasionally my mother. I would never bring it up to my best friends, and whenever hair loss was discussed amongst my friends, family, or coworkers I would stay quiet and wait for the conversation to end. I want you guys to know that I have been thinking about doing this for a while, not just because I'm getting married in a year. I went for a consultation and heard nothing about my donor area being too thin, so hopefully Dr. Pekiner in Turkey will feel the same. I understand that one should not think about budget, but you have to when it's this amount of money. Obviously I would never want to go cheaper and achieve poor results, but there has to be doctors out there who are just as good and are significantly cheaper than ones in the US. I think Dr. Pekiner may be just that so I will see what he has to say. 

Every guy has been through that lonliness, and if anything not talking about it just makes matters worse when youre trying to discuss what to do or figure out a plan. Ive still never told anyone ive had a HT in real life and its done me more harm than good, which I know is silly because it's just hair and yet it feels too vain to even mention. EVeryone here is giving you advice because we are all patients and nobody wants to suffer a bad result, especially if youre highly motivated to do this just in time for your wedding. 

Did the doctor you consulted with give you a rough estimate of your donor capacity or tell you what Norwood level you are likely to end up based on family history etc? If you had that basic info it would be good to develop some kind of plan going into this

Are you on any medications btw?

Hey guys! Quick update..I reached out to Dr. Pekiner and being the great doctor that he is, told me that I did not have a suitable donor area based on the photos that I provided. However, Dr. Scott Boden who I had a consultation with in person stated I was an excellent candidate back in March. Now I need help in making a decision. I am thinking of going for another consultation with Dr. Dorin in NY to see if he also believes I am an excellent candidate or not, or just going off of Dr. Scott Boden's recommendation. IF I go to a consultation with Dr. Dorin and he says that my donor area is good, I was thinking of potentially relaying this message to Dr. Pekiner and still getting it done in Turkey. If that is not a good idea, then I will have to decide between Dr. Dr. Dorin and Dr. Boden. 

Dr. Boden I met in person, seems really nice and even did the hair of some guy who was on the bachelorette. He is also featured on IAHRS.org, but it doesn't seem like many people know him on this website. Dr. Dorin is way more well known on this website, but I have obviously not met him before. What do you guys think based on the information I'm giving you? 

Really appreciate the help and like I said I have felt so lonely in this process, it really helps to have people looking out for me and willing to talk to me about it. 

On 11/3/2019 at 1:06 AM, Sean said:

You can get screwed by a known doc in North America or a doc in Turkey.   It doesnt matter if you pay more or less.  What matters is a doctors ethics on how he will approach your case, or what they suggest, what is there surgical protocol etc.  If you do decide to get this done by a doc from here or Turkey, let any doctor you go to know the following: I am using my full rights to post everything about this procedure with you on forums as you are working on virgin scalp and it will be good documentation for everyone, then see how many are confident in their procedure and how many turn you away.  You will realize a lot of truth.

This industry isnt really strongly built upon strong ethics, very few docs possess patient safety or safely working on a patient.  Very few docs will refund if there is a screw up, very few will try to do a repair.  Everything sounds good when they try to get you in the chair and then talk showcase result with you but when shit hits the fan, they try to distance or get assistance from folks online or previous patients to try to discredit you and etc.  you have to be around many years to see this and read hundreds of thousands of posts and responses and behavior patterns.

Id try to see if meds can stabilize and you do not want to implant between weaker native hair, you can end up with permanent shockloss.  My donor developed patches due to compressed extractions etc., Recipient zone was heavily scarred limiting blood flow and causing myriad of issues.  I am still struggling and some folks are trying to shortchange me while some including officials realize there is a genuine issue with the entire ordeal.  

as an ongoing harmed repair patient, i urge you to tread this path very carefully.  I had more native hairs then you before i started My journey but now i am in 10 times worse shape.  The last thing id want is a person to go in and end up with scarring and harm.  You should get in person consults in NY to see what docs say.  

This is not want you want to end up with— that front thin looking zone is a supposed high density recipient zone via fue-  look at this fake looking hairline and wack ass angulation- skim scarring and slight discoloration due to ridging and pitting-  it killed native hairs and you can see the natural non transplant hairs behind the frontal recipient zone

CF61AB64-805D-423B-B600-028221D56344.thumb.jpeg.1b3af6808fab9dcf6d8729167fe819e9.jpeg

Best of luck to you

Who did you go with? I will learn from your direction and make sure to spread the word about whatever doctor screwed you over.

On 11/2/2019 at 4:08 PM, Giastro said:

These are the prices that doctor Pekiner practices, it is not a low cost and considering the fact that he personally operates throughout the operation (which almost no surgeon does), who uses manual punch and divides the operation into two  days, I would say that they are not even that tall.

2.25 Euro per graft for ordinary FUE with full shaving

2.5 Euro per graft for BHT (Body Hair Transplant) (FUE with shaving, chest, limb, back, abdomen etc.)

2.5 Euro per graft for FUE with partial shaving
 - a professional barber will take care of shaving donor and receiving areas, leaving the other hair long, so that they can cover the transplanted areas after about 1 week -

2.75 Euro per graft for FUE long hair
 - a professional barber will take care of mowing only the donor, so that he can be aesthetically presentable as soon as it is healed, usually within a few days.  The grafts will therefore be performed in the midst of long hair that, from the very first days, will mask the transplanted areas -

I understand you want to look good for wedding day (it played into why I got my first procedure), but everything I'm seeing here shows me you're doing everything wrong. 

You might look good in the short term, once hair has fully grown, but the concern, imo, is what you will look like for the rest of your life. And the options you will have later in life to address your hair will be limited. 

Price shouldn't dictate where you go. I believe timing should play a role, but it shouldn't be all about timing. I do wish you luck, though. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, champybaby said:

I understand you want to look good for wedding day (it played into why I got my first procedure), but everything I'm seeing here shows me you're doing everything wrong. 

You might look good in the short term, once hair has fully grown, but the concern, imo, is what you will look like for the rest of your life. And the options you will have later in life to address your hair will be limited. 

Price shouldn't dictate where you go. I believe timing should play a role, but it shouldn't be all about timing. I do wish you luck, though. 

Great advice, Konior patient no doubt. 

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

Hi Guys,

So quick update...Dr. Pekiner agreed and thought I wasnt a good candidate..but Dr. Scott Boden who did a consultation in person said I was. Would it be worth it to go to Dr. Dorin to get a second in person opinion?

5 minutes ago, bkenn said:

Hi Guys,

So quick update...Dr. Pekiner agreed and thought I wasnt a good candidate..but Dr. Scott Boden who did a consultation in person said I was. Would it be worth it to go to Dr. Dorin to get a second in person opinion?

It seems like you are rushing things a bit? check with multiple doctors. Pekiner is very ethical him saying you are not a good candidate is something to think about. Have you checked Dr Boden's results on the forum? I haven't heard of him before so I can't really comment, you should consult with multiple doctors about this.. I have seen Konior's results on the forum and they are impressive, you should contact him, anyways best of luck!

20 hours ago, bkenn said:

Hi Guys,

yeah he has been very conservative with me so far, testing my scalp etc

25 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

It seems like you are rushing things a bit? check with multiple doctors. Pekiner is very ethical him saying you are not a good candidate is something to think about. Have you checked Dr Boden's results on the forum? I haven't heard of him before so I can't really comment, you should consult with multiple doctors about this.. I have seen Konior's results on the forum and they are impressive, you should contact him, anyways best of luck!

I have been thinking about this for 4 years. I mentioned my wedding coming up previously only because I now want to take action and this gives me incentive to do so. I have thought about this for a long time and am just super unhappy with the way that I currently look. I believe this will help me feel more confident and help to change my life, but only if I can do it. I have consulted with some doctors online and only Scott Boden in person. Most of them said I was a good candidate except for Dr. Pekiner. Now, Dr. Pekiner has a lot of credibility on this website and I would trust he would tell me the truth and the others may have more reason to lie as they want my money. 

Pekiner only does FUE, which is why he might have said you were a bad candidate (did he provide a reason?). As I mentioned earlier it looks like you have retrograde alopecia which is why you might want to strongly consider FUT. Does Boden do FUT?

Here is a quote by a consultant who goes into detail about what how your donor should be inspected;

On 11/22/2019 at 9:46 PM, sl said:

Good question and the approach varies greatly from doctor to doctor but essentially you want to be looked at with both naked eye and under magnification. The doctor will look at donor densities, I say that in plural because it will change in the donor as you from above the ears around to the rear occipital area where there are then the coarser and larger groups. So, essentially densities, hair to follicular make up, i.e single haired, double, treble etc, coarseness and curl, characteristics of the hair, colour, miniaturisation levels in the donor, check for DUPA or retrograde alopecia.

If your donor has thinned significantly (previous photos will help to compare) then it is possible you have DUPA or miniaturisation due to other reasons. Donor hair should be harder to pull out and with more pain than where the hair is weaker and miniaturising but a good doctor will be able to assess and under magnification and a display really be able to assess well and give you the empirical data as well as visual representation.

As said, I have seen many doctors just tell a patient "you are a good candidate" but no real data given, so it is very subjective and nothing really concrete, but today you should be able to be thoroughly assessed and if I were you I would ask the clinic/doctor, what exactly will they do during the consultation. 

Best. 

If Boden said you were a good candidate and gave you no more info (or rather cant provide you any) then i wouldnt place much value in his assessment. You can always find someone willing to operate, the real question is should they. And that always comes down to what your goals are and the health of your donor.

You should walk away from an in person consulation at least knowing;

1) Your Norwood Pattern and predicted balding (taking into account family history and medications etc)

2) Your donor capacity and health of your donor

3) Whether the amount of donor you have can meet your desired goals

Youre donor looks a better weaker than most, which is why if i were you id seek out Dorin for a 2nd opinion with a list of questions (is my donor healthy, what norwood pattern do i have, what kind of results should i expect, am i better suited to FUE or FUT etc). Share the assessment with the forum again and guys will always try and help.

Good luck :)

Edited by transplantedphil