On 11/2/2019 at 4:08 PM, Giastro said:

These are the prices that doctor Pekiner practices, it is not a low cost and considering the fact that he personally operates throughout the operation (which almost no surgeon does), who uses manual punch and divides the operation into two  days, I would say that they are not even that tall.

2.25 Euro per graft for ordinary FUE with full shaving

2.5 Euro per graft for BHT (Body Hair Transplant) (FUE with shaving, chest, limb, back, abdomen etc.)

2.5 Euro per graft for FUE with partial shaving
 - a professional barber will take care of shaving donor and receiving areas, leaving the other hair long, so that they can cover the transplanted areas after about 1 week -

2.75 Euro per graft for FUE long hair
 - a professional barber will take care of mowing only the donor, so that he can be aesthetically presentable as soon as it is healed, usually within a few days.  The grafts will therefore be performed in the midst of long hair that, from the very first days, will mask the transplanted areas -

I understand you want to look good for wedding day (it played into why I got my first procedure), but everything I'm seeing here shows me you're doing everything wrong. 

You might look good in the short term, once hair has fully grown, but the concern, imo, is what you will look like for the rest of your life. And the options you will have later in life to address your hair will be limited. 

Price shouldn't dictate where you go. I believe timing should play a role, but it shouldn't be all about timing. I do wish you luck, though. 

• Like 1

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, champybaby said:

I understand you want to look good for wedding day (it played into why I got my first procedure), but everything I'm seeing here shows me you're doing everything wrong. 

You might look good in the short term, once hair has fully grown, but the concern, imo, is what you will look like for the rest of your life. And the options you will have later in life to address your hair will be limited. 

Price shouldn't dictate where you go. I believe timing should play a role, but it shouldn't be all about timing. I do wish you luck, though. 

Great advice, Konior patient no doubt. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi Guys,

So quick update...Dr. Pekiner agreed and thought I wasnt a good candidate..but Dr. Scott Boden who did a consultation in person said I was. Would it be worth it to go to Dr. Dorin to get a second in person opinion?

5 minutes ago, bkenn said:

Hi Guys,

So quick update...Dr. Pekiner agreed and thought I wasnt a good candidate..but Dr. Scott Boden who did a consultation in person said I was. Would it be worth it to go to Dr. Dorin to get a second in person opinion?

It seems like you are rushing things a bit? check with multiple doctors. Pekiner is very ethical him saying you are not a good candidate is something to think about. Have you checked Dr Boden's results on the forum? I haven't heard of him before so I can't really comment, you should consult with multiple doctors about this.. I have seen Konior's results on the forum and they are impressive, you should contact him, anyways best of luck!

20 hours ago, bkenn said:

Hi Guys,

yeah he has been very conservative with me so far, testing my scalp etc

25 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

It seems like you are rushing things a bit? check with multiple doctors. Pekiner is very ethical him saying you are not a good candidate is something to think about. Have you checked Dr Boden's results on the forum? I haven't heard of him before so I can't really comment, you should consult with multiple doctors about this.. I have seen Konior's results on the forum and they are impressive, you should contact him, anyways best of luck!

I have been thinking about this for 4 years. I mentioned my wedding coming up previously only because I now want to take action and this gives me incentive to do so. I have thought about this for a long time and am just super unhappy with the way that I currently look. I believe this will help me feel more confident and help to change my life, but only if I can do it. I have consulted with some doctors online and only Scott Boden in person. Most of them said I was a good candidate except for Dr. Pekiner. Now, Dr. Pekiner has a lot of credibility on this website and I would trust he would tell me the truth and the others may have more reason to lie as they want my money. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 10/28/2019 at 9:49 PM, bkenn said:

...Please, I need some help. I have my wedding in Nov 2020 and I cant look bald then.

IMG_7296.jpg

IMG_7297.jpg

IMG_7298.jpg

I came across this thread from 2019.  I think the most useful advice to someone in his case would be to use hair fibers if he doesn't want to look bald for the time being.  This type of hair loss would be suited to it since he still has coverage and no slick bald spot.

The OP, bkenn hasn't been back since, but he was trying to get ideas for a cost effective surgeon in Turkey.  Can only imagine what's happened since then.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I'm back! I went to Dr. Dorin in NYC and he advised me to get a test done to test my levels of testosterone which would tell me if I have DUPA or not or something like that. Turns out I do have DUPA I guess, but I still want to do a hair transplant. I just really dont want to be bald and am at the point now where I think i look terrible. what do you guys think I should do? Is my "DUPA" condition really that bad or can I get a transplant?

IMG_9614.JPG

IMG_9615.JPG

IMG_9701.JPG

IMG_9702.JPG

• Valued Contributor

Can I ask how old you are? I'm guessing mid - late 20's? Maybe 30? If you have been diagnosed with DUPA and you have a transplant all you are going to be left with is having paid three or four more times than your initial $5k budget, very little hair and a scalp full of scars in 10 years time. I don't mean to come across as brutal because I really care about how you are really going to feel in the future when it's all to late to go back in time and undo all this. You look good with your hair buzzed short. Have you considered SMP? Have you considered a hair piece or have you considered shaving your head (even just to see how you look and feel with a shaved head that will grow back)?

• Like 1

I'd wait five years and see how aggressively your hair loss progresses.  If you are on a trajectory to lose most of your hair then transplanting it will not cause it to stay in the recipient area, it will fall out there too.  If you have body and beard hair, a possible solution is to use it and buzz it short all the time, and add some SMP to create the look of coverage.

Here's an example of someone with wide balding and using 2000 FUE's spread out:

With DUPA, you just have to be careful and you may be chasing transplants.  Aside from that, if a doctor messes up, you will be put in bigger situation.  Hold off if you can.  Honestly, there are some hair systems that are really good options.  These are not like the ones from back in the day.  They look far more natural and better than some hair transplants.  

example:

again, once your scalp is cut, you will have underlying scarring.  This can vary and again, you just have to so with what you have safely.  i can show you the grafts and design and scarring in person actually if your ever in NJ/NY area.  Once you see what was done by known surgeon, you can see it is not as marketed and what issues arised.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 1:40 AM, Gatsby said:

Can I ask how old you are? I'm guessing mid - late 20's? Maybe 30? If you have been diagnosed with DUPA and you have a transplant all you are going to be left with is having paid three or four more times than your initial $5k budget, very little hair and a scalp full of scars in 10 years time. I don't mean to come across as brutal because I really care about how you are really going to feel in the future when it's all to late to go back in time and undo all this. You look good with your hair buzzed short. Have you considered SMP? Have you considered a hair piece or have you considered shaving your head (even just to see how you look and feel with a shaved head that will grow back)?

Thanks for the advice man, i really appreciate it. I've shaved my head once and hated it because i still had a front island of hair that was embarassing. but im thinking i might just have to continuously shave it every other day or something so i dont have that look. I'm 28. And Im only really considering shaving it off or SMP. I've heard of SMP but i get nervous that it looks too fake up close. I was told by Dr. Dorin that exosomes might be worthwhile. Has anyone heard of that? Is that legit?

On 3/8/2022 at 5:45 AM, AB2000 said:

I'd wait five years and see how aggressively your hair loss progresses.  If you are on a trajectory to lose most of your hair then transplanting it will not cause it to stay in the recipient area, it will fall out there too.  If you have body and beard hair, a possible solution is to use it and buzz it short all the time, and add some SMP to create the look of coverage.

Here's an example of someone with wide balding and using 2000 FUE's spread out:

Definitely think he looks better in the video, but that just doesn't seem worth it to me idk what you think.

I understand where you're coming from. I know all too well what it's like to look in the mirror and see your hairline receded badly and just wanting to do anything to get it back. Personally I would not suggest smp in your case but that's just me. If you truly understand all the potential consequences of a HT given your particular situation (i.e. You will likely need at least one more procedure down the road once your forelock thins out, if DUPA persists further the FUE scars may very well become more noticeable, and also that you will likely have a completely bald crown one day without grafts to cover it, etc) then I do think a conservative 2200-2500 graft (or so) procedure for the front could give you what you want, reframing your face and adding some density to the overall frontal third area. Pekiner is one of the few best in Turkey, but if you have the funds financially, I would suggest staying in the US for all the obvious reasons. I had a consult with Dr. Dorin and he was great, just way too expensive for me.

Edited by SD1984

• Administrators

Unfortunate about the DUPA are you on medication?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

OP it will be 3 years in a few months since you started the thread....what have you done about the hair or procedures ? NYC doctors are crazy expensive , there is a guy here that went to Dorin but stopped posting 4 months into his progress with some growth issues....something to be mindful of.....5K is nyc is just not happening , maybe in Europe . good luck. 

9 hours ago, SD1984 said:

I understand where you're coming from. I know all too well what it's like to look in the mirror and see your hairline receded badly and just wanting to do anything to get it back. Personally I would not suggest smp in your case but that's just me. If you truly understand all the potential consequences of a HT given your particular situation (i.e. You will likely need at least one more procedure down the road once your forelock thins out, if DUPA persists further the FUE scars may very well become more noticeable, and also that you will likely have a completely bald crown one day without grafts to cover it, etc) then I do think a conservative 2200-2500 graft (or so) procedure for the front could give you what you want, reframing your face and adding some density to the overall frontal third area. Pekiner is one of the few best in Turkey, but if you have the funds financially, I would suggest staying in the US for all the obvious reasons. I had a consult with Dr. Dorin and he was great, just way too expensive for me.

Appreciate the advice man!

8 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Unfortunate about the DUPA are you on medication?

I'm not I don't want to go on finasteride because of the side effects. I know they are small but even psychologically it might get to me. 

On 3/7/2022 at 11:39 PM, bkenn said:

Hi Guys,

I'm back! I went to Dr. Dorin in NYC and he advised me to get a test done to test my levels of testosterone which would tell me if I have DUPA or not or something like that.

Can anyone educate me on how test levels can indicate DUPA??

8 hours ago, Gokuhairline said:

OP it will be 3 years in a few months since you started the thread....what have you done about the hair or procedures ? NYC doctors are crazy expensive , there is a guy here that went to Dorin but stopped posting 4 months into his progress with some growth issues....something to be mindful of.....5K is nyc is just not happening , maybe in Europe . good luck. 

I have gone to get hair transplant consultations and take minoxidil. I have gotten so sick of losing my hair and doing all of these medications and stuff. I honestly am at my end with this shit. I'm thinking of just shaving it off as bc of my DUPA there's nothing really i can do other than finasteride. Exosome therapy is a consideration but the other guys on this forum aren't super confident about it..