Dr Vikram Jayakaprash, Melbourne Australia

DavidW23

A lot of the recommendations on this forum are for overseas surgeons - for price and quality of work. For what it’s worth, I had a very good experience with the Knudsen Clinic in Melbourne. Dr Vikram Jayaprakash has done an excellent job with the hairline and density. Approximately 2750 grafts FUT. I was recommended by a friend and I was really grateful that he was upfront and honest about the with he had done otherwise I wouldn’t have had the courage. I certainly didn’t want to travel to another country and get this done alone and away from my family. While it’s not terrible, there was a bit of discomfort and swelling. The results, after 8-12 months have been amazing. I had a rubbish hairline for years. I used to just wear it messy through my 30s and 40s but there came a point where I simply couldn’t do anything with it. Shaving it all off would have looked ridiculous with my pale skin. Now there’s real shape and movement, probably better than ever. Dr Jayaprakash discussed the hairline with me and we chose something age appropriate so that there is a high forehead and slight peak which is actually consistent with what I used to have at 22, but aged up. I have naturally ‘thick’ hair strands too, a mix of blonde/brown/grey, so that probably helps - especially with a good hair treatment and stylist. I’m posting this because I don’t want to discourage people looking overseas for good surgeons but, if it’s just about price per graft, you also should be very careful. And, if you’d rather not travel to Europe and America (with all the expenses that entails) have another look at the Knudsen clinic in Melbourne.

93AEFDC2-8B83-42A0-8E3D-ED2B3F2E5A1C.jpeg

BB3ECF0B-F50E-4CBE-BE3A-8C0CC7BAD23D.jpeg

301CBB8F-EE2A-469C-899B-AE08868A05DC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

So Dr. Jayakaprash is one of the surgeons at Knudsen clinic? Never heard of this surgeon before. 

Did you take pictures each month, I’d love to see the monthly progress.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

You’re quite wrong about advertising. The whole point of this forum is about giving honest feedback from people’s experience. You‘ll just have to believe me on that. I do have a series of shots from beginning to end but I’d rather not post all of these online as I don’t want them appearing in the public domain. Same as I wouldn’t want to send you all my dental scans but I can tell you I’m very happy with my dentist! I could send some of the hair recovery ‘highlights’ direct to you though.  Whether they’re adequate for your comparison I don’t know. The density is pretty good, much better than expected. Logic and all the advice I received beforehand told me that you just cannot expect the same density as you had in your 20‘s. That said, I’m surprised at how good the result has been given that I had virtually nothing before and very straight hair.

I also think it's just advertising, post photos uncovered without censorship and then write that you don't want the photos to become public domain.  I would have done the opposite. 🤔

Sir, I had undergone FUE hair transplant of 3000+ grafts in Jan 2019. I am on Finax 2mg od daily till date. Now I have developed moderate Gynecomastia for the past two months. Please advise about continuing Finax 2mg daily and also drugs for reversal of Gynecomastia without side effects of further baldness. Thank you doctor

• Administrators
4 hours ago, DavidW23 said:

You people are just crazy.

Most of the people who come to our forum post their results from day-one, so it is much easier to tell that they are a real patient. However, when someone comes on the forum and posts their results from month 12 and do not wish to post any of the other months, most will automatically assume this is just the clinic pretending to be one of their patients. Now, i'm not saying that is what's going on here. If you are the patient, you must be thrilled with your results. But I think you do a great disservice to the community and the clinic, not posting more pictures of your hair at different growth stages. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Yes I definitely understand people are wary. I can just imagine all the ‘yeah yeah’ brigade wanting to infiltrate this kind of discussion forum. I’ll show you what I have. I’m sure Vikram has more detailed shots in his clinic which I would be happy for him to show a prospective client. I’m not really an aficionado of hair restoration, I’m only giving my personal experience.  These photos are:

post op (ouch)

one month

three months

four months

five months

five1/2 months

seven months

12 months

15 months

And, yes, there is a bit of weaker density just behind the hairline so we have had another procedure with some 700 grafts to thicken up that area over the next 6-12 months. But it’s really not too bad. 

i also thoroughly recommend a product (no I’m not being paid for this!) called New Wash which you can use every day to wash your hair. It’s not a detergent so it doesn’t foam. It cleans without frizzing or drying out and hair is very manageable and pliable as a result when using just a little product to style.  Google it.

16DB030F-608A-43E5-A9DC-CADB21351690.jpeg

DB2B6B47-6748-4D38-B3D6-DDFF4F79F101.jpeg

1F23285F-C39A-458E-9780-BB93952D74AA.jpeg

FCE16C1C-A00D-4640-897B-1DCDF112D8C9.jpeg

9928E3A4-EBFB-4E0C-AFD3-CD1E78190EAA.jpeg

C88893B6-A002-431E-9C39-C8C6DF620D8D.jpeg

91401744-12B5-4AED-85AB-BAAF9A2DEE14.jpeg

F3F1E6DA-35B7-40AF-A66E-AEEF104DDC81.jpeg

FC4C5006-17CC-48F5-8D7F-28BEB95EA2F9.jpeg

• Administrators

Wow very nice indeed thanks for following up and posting more pictures 👍

View my thread

• Valued Contributor

I’ve always heard that Australia wasn’t somewhere you would want to go to get a hair transplant. This is a really nice result, though. That hairline perfectly frames your face. Thank you for sharing.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hi, Your results are fantastic. Well done! i like your hairline.

I also live in Melbourne and have decided to have a FUT up to 2500 grafts performed by Dr Vikram Jayaprakash in December 2021. I am very very nervous. Any tips? i know i have a long journey ahead and i haven't told anyone that i am having it. 

Thanks

Alex