7 years later Doctor Konior, going for second procedure

Just an update from me re: Dut. 

I've been on it for 10 days now. No sexual sides whatsoever, BUT, I have noticed that my facial hair is growing significantly slower, which I'm tooootally cool with. 

I shaved on the 7th of November and 10 days later, my beard is at about what it would look like five or six days in. Wonder why that is? Either way, I'm cool with less shaving. 

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

• 3 weeks later...

One month update re: DUT as I await my HT procedure next year. 

No side effects whatsoever. I'll post pics at the 3 month mark, but I am seeing slight improvement in the crown area. It's the type of improvement you would only notice, but others might not. 

Facial hair 100% growing slower. But again, for me that's a bonus. 

• 2 months later...

Also, found some pics of me shortly before my first HT from 2012. These are the pics I sent Dr. K before consultation; my HT was shortly after that. Demand for him wasn't as high as it is today back then. 

2012.jpg

2012a.jpg

2012c.jpg

Wow your crown does look like it improved a bit .

Thanks, but what might be hard to see is the halo happening around my head. Adding product to my hair will also* make the crown visibly thing very quick, too. 

At the end of the day I should be grateful, though, as my crown was clearly thinning out eight years ago. This should be proof people should take their meds + use rogaine, though I often wonder if rogaine really does anything.

EDIT: Also, should note, that I experienced a rather heavy shed on DUT to the point it sorta freaked me out. IDK if it was due to the DUT or just seasonal shedding, but the shedding has since stabilized. 

Edited by champybaby

Your hairline looks to have thinned out a bit since your last procedure from the pics compared to the old thread, is this the case or is it just the difference in lighting? Assumed you wouldn’t have had loss to the hairline though if it’s all transplanted hairs

4 hours ago, Aftermath said:

Your hairline looks to have thinned out a bit since your last procedure from the pics compared to the old thread, is this the case or is it just the difference in lighting? Assumed you wouldn’t have had loss to the hairline though if it’s all transplanted hairs

No, you're right. The top middle portion has taken a hit and it helped quite a bit. 

3 hours ago, champybaby said:

No, you're right. The top middle portion has taken a hit and it helped quite a bit. 

Oh, yeah that makes sense. Anyway I think you’re in a good position for a touch up and it should make the world of difference. We’re u on meds before you started dut? Did fin stop working for you? 

On 3/7/2020 at 1:35 AM, Aftermath said:

Oh, yeah that makes sense. Anyway I think you’re in a good position for a touch up and it should make the world of difference. We’re u on meds before you started dut? Did fin stop working for you? 

Yes, I got on meds when I got the HT. Initially just did Fin + Rogaine. My hair started shedding and that is when I looked into DUT. Still on Rogaine. 

And totally. Can't wait for this second procedure. 

• 9 months later...
8 hours ago, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

Did you do the procedure eventually? I can't find the thread

I'm not posting results until they are final, but here is 12 days post op.

I am looking at your pics: were you NW5/6 and then progressed to NW6/7? When you look at that before/after from 2012, your crown has improved dramatically (i.e. you don't see the skin any more) but your recent pics are showing it again, I am a little confused?

Edited by anotherhairlosssufferer

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

41 minutes ago, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

When you look at that before/after from 2012, your crown has improved dramatically (i.e. you don't see the skin any more) but your recent pics are showing it again, I am a little confused?

Meds work, but they lose efficacy over time. In my case, 7 years. The native hairs you do have make a much bigger impact then most people think. I was at an advanced stage eight years ago, so I know going into my first procedure that I would need more work down the line. Even with this second procedure, I'm aware that I'll eventually need a third, which* is why I opted for FUT on my second run.

Edit: And to clarify, Dr. K didn't work on my crown in my first run; he had a lot of ground to cover in the front. The results you saw from my first procedure in the crown area show how effective things like Minoxidil and fin are. Eventually, though, the meds lose efficacy.

Edited by champybaby

I can see that the meds work for you and that's awesome! I can't take fin and it's very scary knowing that when planning for the future.

This is you before the 2012  procedure:

BEFORE.jpg.7f2d8a16c8f39c296efd94825f6a6083.jpg

This is you after 2012 procedure:

AFTER.jpg.2c7aec140a3c16fc94cfe5d916981f24.jpg

And this is you recently, so the crown is worse than after the procedure:

NEW.PNG.e808a089e1a0aa91effab85ecd3b7efd.PNG

Are you saying the before/after when it comes to the crown is all meds? Your 2012 post doesn't show how far the grafts were implanted so it's hard to know what improvement comes from the meds vs the transplant.

Also would you say this is NW5 or NW6?

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

1 minute ago, champybaby said:

Yes, that is what I'm saying. Meds work.

To be honest then the post Dr. K made is misleading as hell as everyone would think your crown improvement came from the transplant.

How big was the last procedure you did with Dr. K? Looks like we're only a few days apart, so you can probably shampoo your head normally by now.

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

• Administrators

@anotherhairlosssufferer 

what’s with the inquisition, we’re here to share and help not to tear down. You’re learning bad habits from Jim. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

what’s with the inquisition, we’re here to share and help not to tear down. You’re learning bad habits from Jim. 

Honestly I didn't read it that way. I thought the guy was genuinely curious, especially with Champbaby's changing crown over time, since Anotherhairlossufferer just had a procedure with the same Dr. It's comforting to feel like you are not going through this alone. That's part of what this forum is for. At the same time I get that Champbaby didn't want to answer many questions until he has results from his latest procedure and he ended up saying he was staying away from any more answers until then. So from what I see I think everything seems good.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.