Anyone here from Sacramento? Or close to it?

Hello all 

I’ve been lurking around on this forum for a few weeks now. I’ve been messaging Melvin for advices and suggestions .

since giving up on finasteride for 2 months I’ve been seeing a lot more thinning . i dont think I would want to go back to finasteride since I have a gf now. The side effects .

i have an consultation with Dr Diep (2 hours drive) on Dec 4. He’s booked a year out on surgeries.

i also have a consultation with Dr. Gabel from Oregon on Oct 28. He’s a lot more available and not booked few months out.

he is however a 8.5 hrs drive. I would hate to fly because I’m so worried looking like a freak after surgery going through TSA but at the same time I would hate driving 9 hrs back home . 

Melvin was patient and kind enough to recommend these 2 doctors . I’m 48 and NW 3 I think. I would send pics and discuss with some of you that would like to discuss further but I’m not comfortable yet to post pics here in the public forum. I wouldn’t mind doing so before and after surgery though. By then hopefully I would make friends with a few of you. This forum is very supportive and I’m so glad to have found you. Please shoot me a message or holler if you’re in my area? I also looked into sacramento hair doctor and found Dr Nalini Prasad. If some of you have experienced her services please let me know. I think she is into the Neograft on YouTube and people here aren’t that crazy about it. 

anyway thank you guys for reading and great work by everyone here being supportive and understanding 

Hey man! Welcome to the forum. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with Dr. Gabel or Dr. Diep - and it would really depend on how quickly you wanna get this done. I would at least have consultations with both and see which one your gut has you leaning towards. Dr. Mohebi is in SF a couple times a month as well if you want to schedule a consultation with him while you're there. 

As for flying, I wouldn't give a second thought to the TSA walk through. I understand the anxiety around it, but in this day and age, HTs are becoming more and more common and most people won't think twice. Besides, it'll be good practice for you to confidently own your procedure around a bunch of strangers in preparation for being open about it with family and friends. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Thanks for the welcome. Are you ever in NorCal? What’s Dr Mohebi wait list like?

i have a consultation with Gabel in a few days , I honestly don’t think I want to wait a whole year on this. 

when I took finasteride my hair came in pretty good , I regret I don’t have a pic of my crown while on the pill but I’ll try to post one on here soon. I’m tempted to get back on, but I’m curious as to why people would be on the drug even after HT. I thought the whole purpose of HT would be to eliminate the need for the drug?