Elithairtransplant 4200 FUE 11 months post OP- Disappointed

820fd40efa62dc384fb8a7e214b097a92d7dc139-1.thumb.jpg.c85eb1a64146af1facd5042a28f04919.jpgHello everyone, I had 4200 grafts on the front and the crown area early november of last year in Istanbul. It has been nearly a year and I am quite disappointed with the results. I feel there is still a ton of bold spots in between. I am quite happy there is hair growing where there was none but I expected more thickness with 4200. This was 1 single procedure and my first. I have been using rogain every day and been using the derma roller whenever I can. I heard of the Turkish transplant from a Matt dominance youtube video where he got his transplant.(He is a youtuber who talks a lot about hair transplants)

c3158cdde4b62c9f805244e3b95ed952ab1e1b7e-1.jpg

hair.jpg

8ee4eb45d7045de3fdd2cbc0323df8744ecc0714-1.jpg

21315.jpg

820fd40efa62dc384fb8a7e214b097a92d7dc139-1.jpg

c88ccc610f43766820ba20e45e543f09fa164cf4-1.jpg

Edited by impressivegesture
More info

• Administrators

The top pictures are before surgery? It looks like 4,200 grafts have been spaced through the entire scalp. How many grafts were placed in the crown? I agree some better quality photos are necessary. It doesn't look unnatural which is good, I have never heard of this surgeon before.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

The top pictures are before surgery? It looks like 4,200 grafts have been spaced through the entire scalp. How many grafts were placed in the crown? I agree some better quality photos are necessary. It doesn't look unnatural which is good, I have never heard of this surgeon before.

Yes first 2 photos are pre surgery. Middle 2 are right after surgery. Last 2 photos are post OP 11months. I do not remember how many were placed in the crown, I only remember the total that was done.

You look like you have a good donor and i'm sure a second pass at it would give you a better result - even if you're disappointed now I'd view it as a foundation for future work. Swerve Elithair, I'm on a few fb groups where the name often comes up in association with bad results. Dr Balwi seems like a bit of a charlatan as far as I've read. 

My issue is listening to anything  that berk Matt Dominance says. He's had a sub-par transplant himself and is now offering "consultancy services" to guys looking at HT based on his google obtained bro science. He's the third worst thing about hairloss after 1) losing hair and 2) propecia sides... and even they have useless d*cks in common...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sorry to hear this but this result did not hit its intended goal I believe.  If you decide you need to tweak this, then you will need a refinement procedure by a very ethical doctor.  Be careful with using too much donor for too little recipient zone.  Id say if you need to, find someone that does manual fue as you have different texture hair.  Have you consulted with Dr Keser?  Get a few consults from few surgeons from the area.  

But know this, your scalp still looks better then other folks who have gone through a procedure.  I know as i am a repair patient that is still in need of a repair that resolves the issues created on my scalp.  It is very upsetting but you just have to be careful and make sure they do the surgery ethically.  

• Administrators
8 hours ago, impressivegesture said:

Yes first 2 photos are pre surgery. Middle 2 are right after surgery. Last 2 photos are post OP 11months. I do not remember how many were placed in the crown, I only remember the total that was done.

The problem was they used grafts in the crown. They should’ve focused on one area the hairline. Afterwards you could focus on the midscalp and lastly on the crown. 

All is not lost, I’m glad you found our forum, because now you can look at real reviews and see who’s doing good work. Consult with as many surgeons as possible. Use our list as a guide, but always go by the results you see on our surgeon review section.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I'm with Melvin on this one.  I wish they had concentrated more grafts in the frontal area and then worked toward the crown.  I had 5,250 grafts placed in the front and also the crown but the coverage seemed much better even though I had more grafts transplanted. Hopefully your donor area will yield more down the road should you choose to have another procedure.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Just my personal opinion:

This clinic is the definition of a hair-mills doing several procedures a day, fully tech-driven without supervision and without considering the longt term needs of the client.

They attract users via faceboook and especially youtube with D- and E starlets and very low pricing. Most of the clinic posted (or paid youtubers) results look horrible for an educated patient but for the random guy on the street it is: "Wow, he got his juvenile hairline back". Who cares about singles in the front when multis give so much more density, right? ...

Having said this: I feel this result is one of their better ones as it looks natural, and hairline seems not overaggresive. Even though it is difficult to judge the frontal angulations of the grafts. Growth was not great but also not zero. Could be an easy fix with a great surgeon if the donor allows it.

Not sure if you can see it in the US, but this clinic promotes themself with this result. What else do you need to know?

Edited by Gasthoerer

14 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

Just my personal opinion:

This clinic is the definition of a hair-mills doing several procedures a day, fully tech-driven without supervision and without considering the longt term needs of the client.

They attract users via faceboook and especially youtube with D- and E starlets and very low pricing. Most of the clinic posted (or paid youtubers) results look horrible for an educated patient but for the random guy on the street it is: "Wow, he got his juvenile hairline back". Who cares about singles in the front when multis give so much more density, right? ...

Having said this: I feel this result is one of their better ones as it looks natural, and hairline seems not overaggresive. Even though it is difficult to judge the frontal angulations of the grafts. Growth was not great but also not zero. Could be an easy fix with a great surgeon if the donor allows it.

Not sure if you can see it in the US, but this clinic promotes themself with this result. What else do you need to know?

this is definitely how they got me. I was looking for several Turkish Hairtransplants as I am originally from there and was visiting family at the time. I had no experience and chose this one from all the paid youtubers and facebook.

On 10/16/2019 at 11:27 AM, gbhscot said:

You look like you have a good donor and i'm sure a second pass at it would give you a better result - even if you're disappointed now I'd view it as a foundation for future work. Swerve Elithair, I'm on a few fb groups where the name often comes up in association with bad results. Dr Balwi seems like a bit of a charlatan as far as I've read. 

My issue is listening to anything  that berk Matt Dominance says. He's had a sub-par transplant himself and is now offering "consultancy services" to guys looking at HT based on his google obtained bro science. He's the third worst thing about hairloss after 1) losing hair and 2) propecia sides... and even they have useless d*cks in common...

I'm inclined to agree. Matt Dominance unfortunately has a frontline of doubles which is extremely obvious. I feel quite bad for him.

ANY clinic that posts videos of their patients looking all happy and and giving a positive review right after they just had a procedure and almost none of a final result...always rings as ‘reel-in-the-suckers’ scam marketing tactics to me...this clinic mentioned here and many others do this.

Ive seen many of Matt’s videos on his YouTube channel and in his latest ones he acknowledges his results look sub-par and he’s not happy with it...but what I don’t get is that he kept linking to the clinic in most all his videos but said he was not affiliated with the clinic but just as a patient.

On 10/20/2019 at 9:46 AM, jonnyalex said:

I'm inclined to agree. Matt Dominance unfortunately has a frontline of doubles which is extremely obvious. I feel quite bad for him.

I did too, then he called me offering his post transplant consultancy services for a good whack more money than many guys HTs actually count. Youtube influencer the new snake oil it would appear. 

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, gbhscot said:

I did too, then he called me offering his post transplant consultancy services for a good whack more money than many guys HTs actually count. Youtube influencer the new snake oil it would appear. 

Wait what?? He’s charging money for consultation services? 

View my thread

1 hour ago, gbhscot said:

This is hugely disappointing. He seemed like a great guy who can take anything on the chin with a positive mental attitude. He has honestly had a result which 99% of people here would be devastated with. He had a solid line of doubles in the front and not taking finasteride has been catastrophic for the rest of his hair. From his videos it is clear that the average user of this forum is more well informed than him. 

He could have made himself about avoiding disasters like his but instead he still links to the clinic and probably takes a commission on referrals. They even have a link to his videos in their website. 

For him to charge a consultation fee is simply ludicrous. Behind that nice guy facade is just another guy looking to make money from peoples misery. The hairlicoulsy guy is exactly the same.

I also don't think his plan for 2 more HTs is going to hold up. His donor seems to be thinning. 

Just seen his latest video stating he is having a HT but not in Turkey then listing the reasons why. He is wising up at least !

Edited by jonnyalex

• Administrators

Have you consulted with any other surgeons to gain their professional opinion? 

View my thread

30 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Have you consulted with any other surgeons to gain their professional opinion? 

I have not. How do I consult other surgeons on this site? I don't know if I should risk going in for a 2nd discounted transplant with the same Hospital, or choose a completely new Doctor in Turkey as I tend to visit there from time to time and I speak the language.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, impressivegesture said:

I have not. How do I consult other surgeons on this site? I don't know if I should risk going in for a 2nd discounted transplant with the same Hospital, or choose a completely new Doctor in Turkey as I tend to visit there from time to time and I speak the language.

Click on this link and submit your consultations on line for free. The surgeons will respond to you with their assessments. 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN

View my thread

6 hours ago, impressivegesture said:

If you go for a second discounted transplant from these complete amateurs, you can't be helped here. They used nearly all your donor and look at the results. 

7 hours ago, impressivegesture said:

Don't go to the same clinic. Unfortunately the big problem in Turkey is they seem to have 100s ( who knows, maybe even possibly in the 1000s if you start counting the small backstreet outfits?) of clinics but can probably count on one hand the only ones worth considering. Take your time before you consider your next move and get as many consultations as you can.

On 10/22/2019 at 6:56 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Wait what?? He’s charging money for consultation services? 

No joke, so he started a FB group which I joined, then was messaged saying anyone thinking of HT and wants a chat, submit your nr. Out of curiosity I did... weeks later and days after my HT, his Austrian pal called me offering 12 weeks of Matt D planning my full regimen of supplements and expert advice after my HT...for more than my.actual HT cost (tbf I did get a last min Discount) Think it was 3k Euros for 12 weeks of him calling me with advice. 

No joke

The internet really empowers.theshameless

Edited by gbhscot
Typo

On 10/22/2019 at 7:40 PM, jonnyalex said:

Just seen his latest video stating he is having a HT but not in Turkey then listing the reasons why. He is wising up at least !

Haha consultancy fees pouring in and he's off to Hasson and Wong ;)

• Haha 1

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, gbhscot said:

No joke, so he started a FB group which I joined, then was messaged saying anyone thinking of HT and wants a chat, submit your nr. Out of curiosity I did... weeks later and days after my HT, his Austrian pal called me offering 12 weeks of Matt D planning my full regimen of supplements and expert advice after my HT...for more than my.actual HT cost (tbf I did get a last min Discount) Think it was 3k Euros for 12 weeks of him calling me with advice. 

No joke

The internet really empowers.theshameless

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL 🤯 

I’m appalled. He’s pulling the same shameful tactics fitness gurus use on YouTube. 

No joke I literally got someone PM me yesterday asking to pay me for my time. I flat-out told him I would never accept money to help. I feel strongly against this sort of behavior it’s downright shameful and it’s the opposite of what we on this forum promote.  

I have to make a video on this, the word needs to get out. You don’t need to pay a guru. You just need to join this forum and do a little research yourself. 

View my thread