Dr. Matt Huebner vs Dr Feller & Bloxham

Hi Guys.

I am a new member. I was about to go ahead with my hair transplant with Dr Matt Huebner untill i found this website. Can anyone who had a hair transplant with him share your experience and pictures. Some one did mentioned in one off the past that Dr Huebner does not do Fut Instead he does mini graft surgery. Any prove ? Plus i came across Dr Feller & Bloxham. Why are they better then Huebner.

Would really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

C

• Administrators

Dr. Bloxham is an excellent choice. Dr. Huebner performs micrograft hair plugs. He does not perform follicular unit transplantation. The hair 'plugs' contain anywhere from 10-15 hairs per graft. This was popular in the 80's and 90's, but very few physicians still practice this form of surgery. Now I'm not going to speak ill of any surgeon, but just do some additional research as to why follicular unit transplantation has become the gold standard today. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

15 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Dr. Bloxham is an excellent choice. Dr. Huebner performs micrograft hair plugs. He does not perform follicular unit transplantation. The hair 'plugs' contain anywhere from 10-15 hairs per graft. This was popular in the 80's and 90's, but very few physicians still practice this form of surgery. Now I'm not going to speak ill of any surgeon, but just do some additional research as to why follicular unit transplantation has become the gold standard today. 

How to find out that Dr Huebner is doing micrograft hair plugs instead off FUT? Can you tell by just looking at the hair transplant ? I was able to found that Micrograft hair plugs was popular in 80s and 90s but not anymore. I was watching his videos and i could not able to tell. Any advice regarding how to find out if a Dr is going a micrograft hair plugs or FUT ?

Thanks

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, John Smith198 said:

How to find out that Dr Huebner is doing micrograft hair plugs instead off FUT? Can you tell by just looking at the hair transplant ? I was able to found that Micrograft hair plugs was popular in 80s and 90s but not anymore. I was watching his videos and i could not able to tell. Any advice regarding how to find out if a Dr is going a micrograft hair plugs or FUT ?

Thanks

I posted a comparison over a year ago

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/50977-dr-matt-huebner-at-natural-transplants/

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Thanks for the information and i have decided not to go ahead with dr Huebner. Which would you say is better Hasson and wong or Dr Feller & Bloxham. Both of them are in North America. Hasson and wong are in Vancover, Canada and im from canada . However, i dont mind travelling to Dr Feller & Bloxham. Who would you say is better when it comes to Scar and dentisty and why?

Thank You

• Administrators
4 hours ago, John Smith198 said:

Thanks for the information and i have decided not to go ahead with dr Huebner. Which would you say is better Hasson and wong or Dr Feller & Bloxham. Both of them are in North America. Hasson and wong are in Vancover, Canada and im from canada . However, i dont mind travelling to Dr Feller & Bloxham. Who would you say is better when it comes to Scar and dentisty and why?

Thank You

Good choice, H&W are a top notch clinic with a long reputation dating back 20 years. I suggest using our advanced search page to look up real patient reviews from both surgeons. Unbiased patient reviews are the best way to evaluate any surgeon. I also suggest consulting both of these clinics to get a personalized quote and to see who's philosophy you prefer. Keep in mind, Dr. Bloxham is primarily a strip surgeon, his philosophy is different than H&W who now perform both FUE and strip. 

Dr. Bloxham

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/physician/New-York/Blake-Bloxham/685

Dr. Hasson

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/physician/British-Columbia/Victor-Hasson/9

Dr. Wong

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/physician/British-Columbia/Jerry-Wong/632

• Like 1

View my thread

I highly recommend Dr. Bloxham. He does both FUE and FUT. I'm not as familiar with Hasson and Wong. Dr. Bloxham's results are amazing and the FUT scar doesn't even show up at all often with Dr. Bloxham. Look at this thread:

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

Bloxham is younger and less experienced than Hasson & Wong, but all of his results so far have looked great and his approach to restoration is very thoughtful.

I would do a lot more research in general if I were you -- Konior, Cooley, and Gabel also have excellent track records in the US, and you might want to consider Rahal as another Canadian option. There are also a bunch of surgeons overseas that have been extensively vetted at this point, especially if you decide to go with FUE.

There's a good chance you'll decide to go with Hasson & Wong or Cooley in the end anyway, but good to make that decision after considering every possible option.

Edited by RecessionProof

Hi Guys

I have contacted Dr Hasson and wong and Dr Rahal. Both of them have given me a different estimate. I have not heard anything back from Dr Feller Office as off yet. I am trying to decide if I should go with Fut or Fue as I like to keep my sides short. Any Advise.

Dr Hasson :

3000 Grafts which cover from front to Mid Scap and re designing the front hairline and Temple area.. Either Fue or Fut.

Dr Rahal

2000 Grafts which will cover most of the front part and re designing the front and temple area. Either Fue or Fut.  Does Dr Rahal really perform Fue Manually instead of Robotics System?

• Moderators
On 10/23/2019 at 3:37 PM, John Smith198 said:

Dr Hasson :

3000 Grafts which cover from front to Mid Scap and re designing the front hairline and Temple area.. Either Fue or Fut.

Dr Rahal

2000 Grafts which will cover most of the front part and re designing the front and temple area. Either Fue or Fut.

These sound like similar estimates to me except that Hasson is going further back into your midscalp and thus using more grafts. Are you on finisteride/propecia? If you still have a fair amount of hair in that area some Drs would rather wait to transplant there to see if medical treatment alone helps enough to get you through a few more years without needing to transplant the area.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

6 hours ago, BeHappy said:

These sound like similar estimates to me except that Hasson is going further back into your midscalp and thus using more grafts. Are you on finisteride/propecia? If you still have a fair amount of hair in that area some Drs would rather wait to transplant there to see if medical treatment alone helps enough to get you through a few more years without needing to transplant the area.

I am not taking any medicine at the moment. However, I do have most off my hair expect the temple area and my hairline went up slightly. See the pictures and let me know what do you guys think.

20191017_184707.jpg

20191020_081436.jpg

20191020_081441.jpg

Right.jpg

Top.png