How To Apply Toppik to your Hairline

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Haha thanks man. I’ve gotten a lot of guys asking about concealer on the hairline. Makes sense that is the part most guys are self conscious about. Btw awesome tip👍🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 3 months later...

You can use a pump applicator For toppik For hairline area.  However, if the transplant is failure and you have raised scar tissue and gaps, even toppik will look fake in that area.  Trust me on that.  I have to do a 45 min get ready regimen when i go out sometimes to avoid stares but i still get unnatural stares when folks are really close up due to toppik’s cake effect.  

Gosh it really sucks that I am going though this, i hope they can make a better formula that can look more natural.  

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Sean said:

You can use a pump applicator For toppik For hairline area.  However, if the transplant is failure and you have raised scar tissue and gaps, even toppik will look fake in that area.  Trust me on that.  I have to do a 45 min get ready regimen when i go out sometimes to avoid stares but i still get unnatural stares when folks are really close up due to toppik’s cake effect.  

Gosh it really sucks that I am going though this, i hope they can make a better formula that can look more natural.  

Have you tried dermmatch 

• Thanks 1

View my thread

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:
2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Have you tried dermmatch 

4 hours ago, Ian. said:

Have you tried Hairatin? It's a bit pricier, but I believe it is a better product. Regardless of which you use it's tough to pull off on the hairline.

I have not tried either but i will give it a shot.  I will try dermatch and hairatin.  Hopefully, they at least shorten my one hour routine everytime.  For the time being, hope it kind of helps conceal the situation and damages to my scalp.  The awkward stares to my scalp are really are getting to me.  Thank you.

Well I hope they help. It's a sort of art that I have yet to master myself. But I have even used a combination of the two before. Dermmatch is makeup for the scalp (some guys can work magic with it, but I find it hard to pull off, possibly because I couldn't really get an identical shading), and the Hairatin seems to get the scalp and hold on to the hair a bit. Let us know how it works for you.

I don't use concealers much these days but I used to find that Dermmatch gave the most natural look to the hairline, while fibres worked great for the crown.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Pete-from-Farjo said:

I don't use concealers much these days but I used to find that Dermmatch gave the most natural look to the hairline, while fibres worked great for the crown.

Yea combining both I find works the best.

View my thread