Restarting Finasteride and regrowing lost hair?

TJD

I’m 44yrs old. Had an HT with Hasson 14yrs ago. Very successful. Had been on finasteride 1mg/day for 10yrs. Then over the next 4 yrs started to reduce the dose, going down to 1mg per week for the last year. I had decently thick hair and no noticeable loss of hair until 6mths ago when I noticed thinning. This progressed for the next few mths. About 4mths ago I started back to 1mg/day. So far no improvement. If I continue at this dose, will I likely get back the lost hair I had approx 8-12mths ago or is that now lost having effectively “stopped” the finasteride?

Finasteride doesn't regrow lost hair. It's used to maintain your current hair by inhibiting the conversion of testosterone to DHT. The hairs that are lost usually have a DHT receptor and are much more susceptible to male pattern baldness. I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions and best of luck mate

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider.