Regaine after ht

Hi guys 

i wanted to ask (possibly a silly question) but I have been applying Regaine to my frontal third for years but had a ht on my temples and side burns and eyebrows 3 days ago. Is it ok to use Regaine only on the frontal hairline as long as I don’t touch the temples/brows etc with Regaine? (As heard somewhere that Regaine travels down the blood flow on the face?

Also is 2 weeks post op enough time to use Regaine again on my weak temples?

Thanks again 

The medication is systemic.  Regardless of where you put it, it is working the whole head. That is, there is no need to put it everywhere.  You are just wasting the med.  If you're going to notice any enhancement it will likely be in the crown and retention elsewhere.

27 minutes ago, LaserCap said:

The medication is systemic.  Regardless of where you put it, it is working the whole head. That is, there is no need to put it everywhere.  You are just wasting the med.  If you're going to notice any enhancement it will likely be in the crown and retention elsewhere.

Hi lasercap thanks for your response I understand it works best on the crown but I would like to know if applying to the hairline would be detrimental ie damage the newly implanted  grafts on the temples and eyebrows which I had  3/4 days ago OR should I wait until the 2 week mark to restart the Regaine? 

If you put it away from the grafts - you can do it right away.

If you want to put it right where you had the transplants, wait two weeks.

Based on what I read, I think you only did transplants in the temples and eyebrows. So, if you did have grafts in the crown, you can go ahead and use Rogaine in that area.  By doing so, it is working your whole head.

Not sure if I am making sense.....

Most docs will want their patients to wait no less than 2 weeks post-op to resume using minoxidil...the key is that the area is completely healed...so if you are a slow healer, you should wait longer until complete healing has taken place....all scabs and crusting gone.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 10/11/2019 at 8:58 PM, gillenator said:

Most docs will want their patients to wait no less than 2 weeks post-op to resume using minoxidil...the key is that the area is completely healed...so if you are a slow healer, you should wait longer until complete healing has taken place....all scabs and crusting gone.

Hey gillenator 

Thanks for your response I understand no Regaine on grafted recipient site but I was talking about placing Regaine near but not on the grafts as had a hit on my temples and eyebrows but NOT my hairline so was asking if it’s ok to put it on my hairline frontal third which had no work done. 😀

Oh sure, that's fine....;)

• Thanks 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY