Did George Clooney Have A Hair Transplant?

20 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

Haha, good find. 

It is clearly his real hairline and you can still see the reminder of his original widows peak which he obviously shaves. Plus, you can see he has very little but recognizable thinning (for his age this is of course almost nothing).

Case closed!

Apart from the concealers he has behind the hairline.

His Dad Nick Clooney shows the pattern:

Image result for george clooney dad

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators

That looks like his real hairline, there is temple recession and miniaturization. But it's obvious he is doing something, for photo shoots like this picture below. His temples are closed and the hairline shows no miniaturization. How did he grow his hairline back 20 years later. 

clooney.jpg

Clooney 1999.jpg

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Imo the hairline changes too often to be natural. I've seen undetectable hairpieces before and considering the level Clooney is at I don't think its unrealistic that he wouldn't have someone to manage it. There are plenty of photos  over the years where he is undeniably wearing a hairpiece, if he has worn one once its hardly conspiratorial to suggest that he would in general. Perhaps concealers and clever styling involved on occasion also. I don't see any evidence of a transplant, and the chance that someone of his stature would risk it is unlikely. Even a 0.5% chance of permanent redness, poor growth (which is probably closer to 10% even with a surgeon like Konior) wouldn't be acceptable to someone in his position. 

Also worth asking what the chance that he somehow lucked out and for a 58 year old has hair is in the top 1% (or better?) of hair genetics, while also having those looks and being an A list film star. Well, by definition its 1% and that hardly seems realistic.

Edited by JayLDD

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

That looks like his real hairline, there is temple recession and miniaturization. But it's obvious he is doing something, for photo shoots like this picture below. His temples are closed and the hairline shows no miniaturization. How did he grow his hairline back 20 years later. 

49 minutes ago, JayLDD said:

IAlso worth asking what the chance that he somehow lucked out and for a 58 year old has hair is in the top 1% (or better?) of hair genetics, while also having those looks and being an A list film star. Well, by definition its 1% and that hardly seems realistic.

You know I respect both of you as some of the highly knowledgeable guys in here, but here you are not rational.

Melvin, if you agree that the first pic is his real hairline), the second has to be shaven back as the hairline is not "closed" but clearly higher than his hairline 20 years later. And this (the shaving, especially at the widows peak)  is also visible on this poor resolution pic. There was a recent one where it is even more visible. 

Jay, this is called selection. Only a few people become Hollywood stars and only very few remain A-actors in higher age. Mostly the ones who keep their good looks at high age. Clooney IMO had his peak late. 

Some things are clear and proven by the better pics in here:

- He has great hair 

- He shaves his hair for certain roles

- Of course, he uses clever styling and concealers for certain photo session (there is no actor who doesn't)

- There is one pic (the second in Melvins last post), which is more difficult to explain (the others are crystal clear). But what you make out of it is not logical at all. It is most likely an overaggressive shave of the front + concealers or bad photo shopping. 

This is my last post on this as everything is said and if you look at the better pics there is really no discussion. If you really think you can get this hair and looks by a wig or a transplant you will set-up all newbies for unhappiness. 

Edited by Gasthoerer
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

You know I respect both of you as some of the highly knowledgeable guys in here, but here you are not rational.

Melvin, if you agree that the first pic is his real hairline), the second has to be shaven back as the hairline is not "closed" but clearly higher than his hairline 20 years later. And this (the shaving, especially at the widows peak)  is also visible on this poor resolution pic. There was a recent one where it is even more visible. 

Jay, this is called selection. Only a few people become Hollywood stars and only very few remain A-actors in higher age. Mostly the ones who keep their good looks at high age. Clooney IMO had his peak late. 

Some things are clear and proven by the better pics in here:

- He has great hair 

- He shaves his hair for certain roles

- Of course, he uses clever styling and concealers for certain photo session (there is no actor who doesn't)

- There is one pic (the second in Melvins last post), which is more difficult to explain (the others are crystal clear). But what you make out of it is not logical at all. It is most likely an overaggressive shave of the front + concealers or bad photo shopping. 

This is my last post on this as everything is said and if you look at the better pics there is really no discussion. If you really think you can get this hair and looks by a wig or a transplant you will set-up all newbies for unhappiness. 

What are your thoughts on the Matt Mcconaughey situation? 

I'm also not simply talking about the shaved V in the ER photo or the obvious wig that Melvin has shown, but across his entire career the hairline has appeared inconsistent. 

I don't think its irrational in the sense that I'm not concluding anything, simply suggesting that I think a hairpiece is plausible and someone in his position could easily manage a flawless looking hair system. There are no other actors I can think of where the hairline appears so drastically different over the years. The density, the texture of the hair themselves, the shape. You can say this is selection, but do you think its realistic that if Clooney was in a position where he even started to bald somewhere in the past 15 years, that he wouldn't have attempted a hairpiece? There are few actors in his position to begin with with and very few A listers ever tend to go bald. I don't see it as realistic as that they all somehow managed to keep their hair through genetic luck because statistically that doesn't make sense, finasteride and treatment is a possibility but a certain number won't be able to tolerate the drug. 

I don't think its a transplant and nor do I think he'd risk a transplant, but the fact is I've seen transplants that look as natural and dense as Clooney's hair. I don't think its deniable either that there are drastic and constant changes in the shape of his hairline, and not just for a few movie roles etc.

Edited by JayLDD

• Administrators

It's a difficult to say for sure, but it's clear he is doing something to enhance his hair. It could be concealers, I for one know how amazing concealers can look. At the same time, it is very plausible for it to be a hair piece. I have seen some amazing hair pieces in my time. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:00 PM, 1978matt said:

George Clooney short side part hairstyle with grey hair

I would say this is his real hairline.

I agree!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

6 hours ago, JayLDD said:

What are your thoughts on the Matt Mcconaughey situation? 

I'm also not simply talking about the shaved V in the ER photo or the obvious wig that Melvin has shown, but across his entire career the hairline has appeared inconsistent. 

McConaughey is a total different situation. He is clearly balding since his early twenties. He kept his hair probably with DUT/FIN on constant level and for all public events he uses a wig, or crazy amount of concealers to get a low and straight hairline. Looks way less natural too.

Anything is said to Clooney: He has great (but not perfect) hair for his age. All closeups show that he has minor (but progressive) thinning/miniaturization, which he covers with styling/concealers for public events. Also this pics show that he is shaving is hairline (widows peak etc.) still at his advanced age. He has shaven his hairline (widows peak + sides) more aggressive when younger and for certain roles. Maybe some photo shop on certain pics too. In the only pic which looks like a wig his hairline is way higher than in the other close-ups (which Melvin calls his original hairline) and despite the poor quality you can see the remaining shadow from the shaving. Actually, in many pics with "strange hairlines" you can see the remainders of the shaven hairs. 

20 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

McConaughey is a total different situation. He is clearly balding since his early twenties. He kept his hair probably with DUT/FIN on constant level and for all public events he uses a wig, or crazy amount of concealers to get a low and straight hairline. Looks way less natural too.

Anything is said to Clooney: He has great (but not perfect) hair for his age. All closeups show that he has minor (but progressive) thinning/miniaturization, which he covers with styling/concealers for public events. Also this pics show that he is shaving is hairline (widows peak etc.) still at his advanced age. He has shaven his hairline (widows peak + sides) more aggressive when younger and for certain roles. Maybe some photo shop on certain pics too. In the only pic which looks like a wig his hairline is way higher than in the other close-ups (which Melvin calls his original hairline) and despite the poor quality you can see the remaining shadow from the shaving. Actually, in many pics with "strange hairlines" you can see the remainders of the shaven hairs. 

MM doesn't lower his hairline, he just fills in the temples with some kind of system.  His PR/Stylists do it for his public appearances.  I cant say I've seen any times it has looked unnatural but yes they are combined with concealers as well, and he dyes his hair different shades.

Clooney has to shave some hairs even if he's wearing a system.  Some don't even appear to match the texture of his natural hair or even the colour.  Like the one he's wearing on the first page of this thread.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Interesting observation indeed.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 4 months later...
  • Administrators

View my thread

• 3 years later...
On 2/19/2020 at 3:09 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

So, are you sure he didn't shave part of his hairline for a role (like Brad Pitt in "Killing them softly"), didn't wear a hairsystem in the video's thumbnail just because the hairdresser messed up and performed a bad haircut (very common thing), and didn't just remove his widow's peak with electrolysis/laser?

I mean, if this is a hair system:

George-Clooney-Haircuts-3.jpg.5e13d91738b352a527da523d0aad3406.jpg

With those perfect micro irregularities, perfectly designed temples (which even some of the best hair transplant surgeons don't pay attention to), perfect density without looking uncanny and completely life-like, not row placed hair distrubutions...then we must find who made that hair system. Honestly, if I were high norwood and that were a hair system, I would buy one and not bother with a transplant until Verteporfin becomes mainstream and someone like Zarev or Munib Ahmad use it, so a result like Clooney's hair is possible with any starting point.

I think the one in the video thumbnail is a hair system (goofy hairline design), but I believe he just removed his widow's peak and shaved his hairline to simulate a Norwood 2 for a role. IMO there's no way a hair system is this natural and well designed, and if it is, we must know the maker ASAP, as he even managed to make a buzzcut style hair system with the same realism:

George-clooney.jpg.8ead29c17b99309bb47d6ce74196556c.jpg

Honestly, that's what top tier hair genetics + widow's peak removal looks like, no way that's a hair system IMO.

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

Could it simply be that he combs his hair forward, and it creates the effect of a receded hairline?

His ER photos he has a different hairstyle, where it's short but pushed forward toward the forelock.  I used to do this, and it always exacerbated my temples.  The other photos, he's got his hair slicked back and understandably his hairline doesn't look as pointed.

Yes, it does look like he has some natural miniaturization over the years, and in some other photos here it looks like he may be shaving his widow's peak and adding thickeners to make his hair thicker...but I doubt he has a wig or a transplant.

McConaughey does look like he had a HT, but still maybe uses the occasional hair system for certain roles or to make his hairline better.

He visibly had miniaturizing forelock and receding temples in the early 2000s, but he also looked like the perfect HT candidate with a great donor area and likely no crown thinning.  Lots of people lose their hair up front, but have little to no loss anywhere else (I know several people like this).

He likely got a HT, but still occassionally uses other things to make it look thicker since a lot of time has passed.  He tries to BS everyone about it, and claims that he uses some Regenex shampoo (or whatever) as the reason why his hair grew back.  He won't admit to using anything like Finasteride or Hair Transplants.