Did George Clooney Have A Hair Transplant?

• Administrators

I know some of you may be shocked, but looking at some old pictures of Clooney, it is clear that he has done something to his hair. Here are some theories floating around.

1. he's gotten a hair transplant

2. he uses a hair piece

3. he shaves his widowspeak now to make his hairline appear straighter. 

What do you guys think?

Did George Clooney Have A Hair Transplant?

image1 (2).jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Sean said:

Could be, but it looks really good.  He may have lost more hair since that time and it may be a really good hairpiece 

I definitely think that it's a hair piece, or he's shaving his widowspeak. If that's a hair piece it's one of the most impressive hair pieces i've ever seen.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

3 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

By the way, Konior and couto are great but they are not God. 

Tbh, Cosmo a cool dude so no disrespect but I literally did an eye roll when I read that post😂 konior is a good surgeon but the whole konior thing on this site at the moment is hilarious 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

There is an entire video about it on YouTube if I recall. Actually it is also  widely spread that he shaved his hairline for ER in that particular way. 

By the way, Konior and couto are great but they are not God. 

You buy that whole he shaved in temple recessions bit? Sounds like nonsense to me, if you look there is a lot of inconsistencies through out his time on the show ER as well. At times, his hair line looks great and at others it's receded. I may need to make a YouTube video about this, because who ever made this "shaving down his hairline" doesn't really explain the changes. 

Receded hairline on ER

image.png 

Straight hairline on ER

image.png

Now this is Clooney circa 1999, look how high his hairline looks, and yes it does appear shaved, but then look at him over 10 years later with a low hairline that doesn't appear shaved. Also, look at how unnatural that hairline looks in 1999 it looks like a bad hair piece, one could say that it was just him "shaving" but does this make logical sense to you?

120027700_Clooney1999.jpg.0dfed54e23a6f5

cloon.jpg

View my thread

6 hours ago, Aftermath said:

Tbh, Cosmo a cool dude so no disrespect but I literally did an eye roll when I read that post😂 konior is a good surgeon but the whole konior thing on this site at the moment is hilarious 

I get what you’re saying....but why not??, reason I say possibly Konior is because I didn’t watch much of the ER show he was on but I do know that the shows hospital is based on Chicago...and I’m sure they filmed on-locations many times, and Konior being in Chicago, probably offering discretion to Clooney given he does most all the work himself...I could see it.

Could he have gone to H&W, or AArmani in Beverly Hills, sure but his hairline changed after he was done with ER...then went into movies.

1 hour ago, CosmoKramer said:

I get what you’re saying....but why not??, reason I say possibly Konior is because I didn’t watch much of the ER show he was on but I do know that the shows hospital is based on Chicago...and I’m sure they filmed on-locations many times, and Konior being in Chicago, probably offering discretion to Clooney given he does most all the work himself...I could see it.

Could he have gone to H&W, or AArmani in Beverly Hills, sure but his hairline changed after he was done with ER...then went into movies.

Oh, ok I got you. I didn’t realise ER was based in Chicago, I’ve never watched it. That makes more sense since I didn’t take you for one of these konior “fanboys”😂. Not to trash konior, he’s great, but the way people talk about him on here is ridiculous, especially since I’ve not actually seen that many year plus results posted on here with him 

I think he just wears a system now and again but his real hair is probably not that bad.  

It could be for a variety of reasons.  Perhaps for a role he has to wear a piece to get a certain look, and has to shave his natural hair down but does not want to be seen in public looking weird...so he gets a stylist to fix him up for events with a temporary piece up top.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators
19 hours ago, 1978matt said:

I think he just wears a system now and again but his real hair is probably not that bad.  

It could be for a variety of reasons.  Perhaps for a role he has to wear a piece to get a certain look, and has to shave his natural hair down but does not want to be seen in public looking weird...so he gets a stylist to fix him up for events with a temporary piece up top.

I agree, I think he uses a hairline prosthesis. The rest of his hair I think is natural. I believe his true hairline to be probably a Norwood 2/3 

View my thread

Sorry, but no way Clooney is wearing a (partial)-wig or had a transplant. There are millions of close ups with his hair slicked back, exposing the entire hairline and even the corners. You can see that with age his hair is slightly thinner and softer now. No transplant in the world can reproduce this and a wig would have already been detected years ago. 

The hairline pics of his ER times are also more a proof of my thesis than of yours:

1. His hair is very short and extremely thick behind the hairline and no transition are--> Aa sign of someone without hairloss

2. His changed hairline is also not (!) a hint towards a wig it is quite the opposite. --> If there would be a "ER-wig" his hair would be typically the same for years (think about Burt Reynolds or William Shattner or also anyone who uses other concealers like that guy from 2 and half men). 

3. This type of hairstyle in ER is typical for someone without hairloss as a wig is difficult to integrate and a transplant is not dense enough at this length (especially considering hair/skin contrast)

--> If you think it is a possibility with a HT (or a wig) to get the hair like Clooney you will be heavily disappointed. 

https://www.purewow.com/news/george-clooney-better-looking-with-age

No doubt about it, Cooney had temporal recession...now take a closer look at the last pic of him that Melvin shared, there is no way that his hairline is a system.

My belief is that he had some work done and very good work at that!

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

He just shaves his hair back for some movies + he shaves his widows peak. 

He did for "Syriana" and for "the man who stares at goats" as well. Google "Clooney hairline shaved" and you will find thousand pages of discussion but some pics are crystal clear. You can even see the shaved areas being whiter and/or some stubbles. 

You cannot get the look of melvins last pic with a transplant. 

• Administrators

The hairline height is way different than this picture. Keep in mind this picture is 20 years old. How else did he bring his hairline down? I agree not a hair transplant, but most likely a high quality lace hair piece. 

5DB1E75C-C7A3-40DE-BB2B-34DCE36B7B4E.jpeg

View my thread

This is the most suspicious pic as the hairline is not only high but also too dense. But at closer look you can clearly see the shaved area in that pic.

In the latest closeups with slicked back hair you can clearly see he does not wear a hairpiece. 

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

The hairline height is way different than this picture. Keep in mind this picture is 20 years old. How else did he bring his hairline down? I agree not a hair transplant, but most likely a high quality lace hair piece. 

5DB1E75C-C7A3-40DE-BB2B-34DCE36B7B4E.jpeg

Definitely looks like a hairpiece.  Some hairpieces these days are beyond unbelievable.  You can hardly detect them and they do custom cutting around them and make them blend well these days

• Administrators
5 hours ago, hanginginthewire said:

He jokingly mentions the possibility of “a rug” here and rubs his head .  (at 3:40)

Haha good find

View my thread

George Clooney short side part hairstyle with grey hair

I would say this is his real hairline.

Edited by 1978matt
  • Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Haha, good find. 

It is clearly his real hairline and you can still see the reminder of his original widows peak which he obviously shaves. Plus, you can see he has very little but recognizable thinning (for his age this is of course almost nothing).

Case closed!

At this point we can agree whatever it is, his hair looks good and better than most transplants as it looks natural.  His hair looks Wayyyy better than mine and mine was supposed to be high density.  

• Administrators
1 hour ago, bismarck said:

TS, what's up with all the clickbait threads. Not a fan.

Don’t click on em. 

View my thread

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Sean said:

At this point we can agree whatever it is, his hair looks good and better than most transplants as it looks natural.  His hair looks Wayyyy better than mine and mine was supposed to be high density.  

I agree, whether it’s a hair piece or his real hair it looks good. 

View my thread