TRT and HRT

Hi there, 

I am 31 yrs old and have commenced TRT recently. I have been on fin/min for probably the last 6 years. I also use all the shampoos and vitamins. I did plan to have a HT back when i was 29 with Dr Diep but couldn't get the time off work to travel overseas (I'm based in Aus). 

I few months back I started testosterone therapy due to Low t. I am pretty low dose (0.25ml sus250 per week / 750mg HCG per week) and just trying to get my natural test back to normal ranges and keep my DHT to a minimum whilst getting back my quality of life, which TRT definitely does (game changer). I am probably a norwood 2. I have recession at the hairline and temples - nothing to serious compared to other but enough to do a double take every time i look into a mirror. 

My question is has anyone had a Hair Transplant that uses Testosterone Replacement Therapy and maintained their hair whilst uses DHT blocking drugs? 

I am looking to book in sometime next year for an FUE to restore my hairline. 

15776378_10154348942793915_861134646_o.jpg

15778462_10154348943038915_42746126_o.jpg

• Administrators

Are you on Finasteride or Dutasteride? There are plenty of bodybuilders who had hair transplants and use exogenous hormones. The late Rich Piana comes to mind as one of them. I think the most important thing is stopping the conversion of DHT. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Are you on Finasteride or Dutasteride? There are plenty of bodybuilders who had hair transplants and use exogenous hormones. The late Rich Piana comes to mind as one of them. I think the most important thing is stopping the conversion of DHT. 

Yes i am. I dont see the difference really in maintaining healhly T levels whether it be exogenous or naturally produced. Yes i always thought Rich had one - not a good one - but one none the less. 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Ant4506 said:

Yes i am. I dont see the difference really in maintaining healhly T levels whether it be exogenous or naturally produced. Yes i always thought Rich had one - not a good one - but one none the less. 

This is true, although you're probably around 1,000 ng/dl of testosterone the upper limit, which means you would have more testosterone to convert in to DHT than say a guy who has 600 ng/dl of testosterone. That said, I don't think it would make a crazy difference, as long as you're on some sort of DHT inhibitor.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just now, Melvin-Moderator said:

This is true, although you're probably around 1,000 ng/dl of testosterone the upper limit, which means you would have more testosterone to convert in to DHT than say a guy who has 600 ng/dl of testosterone. That said, I don't think it would make a crazy difference, as long as you're on some sort of DHT inhibitor.

Agree, Im getting my boodwork done tomorrow testing my test levels and also my DHT levels. Will be interesting to see the results.