Fin uk nhs perscription

tj2014

So im running low on my Finasteride supply i can get it online but i can get a much better deal if i have a prescription so probably a silly question as i probably just have to go to the doctor and ask but i just wanted to ask if anyone in the uk has a prescription and how they went about it.  

• Administrators

Keeps, Hims, or Getroman can fill your prescription without needing to see a GP in person.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2019 at 4:06 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Keeps, Hims, or Getroman can fill your prescription without needing to see a GP in person.

These do not exist in the UK.

OP, it's extremely unlikely you'll be prescribed it by your GP. Websites like Dr. Fox and Oxford Online Pharmacy are our only real options. 

• Administrators
21 hours ago, jonnyalex said:

OP, it's extremely unlikely you'll be prescribed it by your GP. Websites like Dr. Fox and Oxford Online Pharmacy are our only real options. 

Wow really, good to know. Im surprised these online pharmacies aren’t there, is there a legal reason? Do you guys have Uber?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Haha do we have uber made me chuckle that. Dont understand the problem when I wanted fin I googled uk finestride and it bought up many pharmacies that require you to fill in a online questionnaire and then send it out no problem whatsoever maybe try that

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2019 at 6:12 PM, jonnyalex said:

Huh? Most - if not all - UK GPs will happily prescribe Finasteride for hair loss on a private prescription, providing you see your GP in person & they're satisfied its safe for you to take Fin. Unless you meant that no UK GP will prescribe Fin (for hair loss) on a NHS prescription, ie potentially free? In which case I agree with you.

OP,

Go and see your GP in person, he/she will almost certainly prescribe it for you on a private prescription. You may end up paying for the service (a private prescription can sometimes cost £10-£20) but the savings you make by purchasing Fin with a private prescription far outweigh the private prescription cost. For example, genuine Propecia costs £1.07 per tablet from Lloyds online Pharmacy, it will cost around double that if you don't have a prescription. Even generic Fin works out far cheaper with a private prescription :)

Edited by psychopomp1

3 minutes ago, psychopomp1 said:

Huh? Most - if not all - UK GPs will happily prescribe Finasteride for hair loss on a private prescription, providing you see your GP in person & they're satisfied its safe for you to take Fin. Unless you meant that no UK GP will prescribe Fin (for hair loss) on a NHS prescription, ie potentially free? In which case I agree with you.

OP,

Go and see your GP in person, he/she will almost certainly prescribe it for you on a private prescription. You may end up paying for the service (a private prescription can sometimes cost £10-£20) but the savings you make by purchasing Fin with a private prescription far outweigh the private prescription cost. For example, genuine Propecia costs £1.07 per tablet from Lloyds online Pharmacy, it will cost around double that if you don't have a prescription. Even generic Fin works out far cheaper with a private prescription :)

I'm registered with a GP surgery that doesn't give me a set GP, just random ones. I have asked multiple different GP's and their answer is always the same; they won't prescribe it for hairloss no matter what. It could be different elsewhere in the UK but I have seen multiple people having exactly the same issues. 

They just seem completely against it. 

@jonnyalex

Sorry to hear that mate, really strange why any of your GPs would refuse to prescribe Fin for hair loss on a private prescription without good reason. Finasteride isn't a poison or such, all it does is block DHT in your body. I'm in Scotland and never had my GPs refuse to prescribe Fin. They always say "stop taking it if you experience unpleasant side effects" when writing out the prescription which you would expect them to....

A heads up: ukmeds.co.uk (genuine online UK pharmacy) are offering 30% off all medication with black friday discount code CYBER30. For generic 1mg Finasteride, this works out at £42 for a 6 month supply, which IMHO is a great price. Though its a shame they're out of stock for Propecia :(

Edited by psychopomp1