My HT in 2 weeks time! Any tips, guidance, advise, pre and post op?

as per title really.

i'm in UK - going to Brussels to have my op with Dr.Devroye, 3000 grafts estimated, Norwood 3. 

8000 euro + any extra grafts i might need if 3k not enough. 

Very excited - been wanting this for 5 years, i'm now 33 and its time. 

Any prep i should do beforehand? How best to look after the new hairs afterward? Will i need more than 2 weeks off work?

Can we assume you are having FUE?  I would suggest you just buzz down, but lets see what others think.  3000 grafts is a large procedure.  Just from my last FUE with 2300 grafts, that took over 10 hours.  2 weeks was enough time for me, but others experience prolonged redness, and other complications.  I babied my hair much longer than most say is necessary - 2 months minimum.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

5 hours ago, Dazed said:

Can we assume you are having FUE?  I would suggest you just buzz down, but lets see what others think.  3000 grafts is a large procedure.  Just from my last FUE with 2300 grafts, that took over 10 hours.  2 weeks was enough time for me, but others experience prolonged redness, and other complications.  I babied my hair much longer than most say is necessary - 2 months minimum.

Fut

What did you do to nurse your hair for that time ?

My only advice would be to clearly and distinctly let your surgeon know exactly how to prioritize your grafts in which zones of your scalp at your pre-op evaluation. You are the patient and customer, don’t be afraid of speaking up if you don’t agree with something, especially before you go “under-the-knife”. Have some photos of yourself with hair that you liked or photos of styles similar to what you would like done to show as examples.

Best of luck!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, sloppos said:

Fut

What did you do to nurse your hair for that time ?

I was super gentle and let my hair air dry.  I continued to use a saline spray long after it was indicated.  I had a very high success rate and did not experience shedding  I am not saying my way is the reason for no shedding, it may also be tied to my age.  My first transplant was 2.000 in 2011 and it was FUTFUT from the donor area is easy to conceal.  The receiving area is your concern.  I was able to return to work in 2 weeks and even passed inspection with Bernie, a woman at work who noticed everything.  You may not be able to complete 3,000 grafts in one day unless 2 doctors are working on you.  I did not pick the scabs off as some do.  I also did not use any of the medications, so I will leave that to someone who knows what they are talking about.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More