Waterproof Concealers

Hello,

so I'm using toppik for a bit of time, but I can't go to swim with that product, in a pool and such...

Is there any waterproof concealer that is safe to use in pool or to go to the beach with?

I've seen DermMatch as an option? but not sure about it

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

14 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

So basically few questions that I have from the video

I use toppik already using a spray holder as well, but when I go to the shower and wash my hair, I do see on the floor ( obviously ) the product washed away,

Now, what's the difference in the pool? I might test it first in the bathroom already

Now, I never thought about combining the Dermmatch with it since I don't know whats the benefits of using both of them since Toppik already to the job ( at least for me since my crown isn't THAT exposed, I think it's a bit more than yours ) 

Btw, the spray holder you use is meant / purposed for water things? or it's just a normal one? since mine is really strong but never tested underwater.

Would be glad to hear more about it!

Thanks.

• Administrators

The toppik won't get washed away in the pool if you use a heavy hold hair spray. I use tressemme hard hold. DermMatch is waterproof, so if you're looking for waterproof concealer this is a MUST HAVE. I combine both hair fibers and dermmatch, because hair fibers do a good job of thickening small hairs and it looks natural. DermMatc is essentially tint. Therefore, it's good to add a hair fiber that will make everything look a bit more natural.

In terms of hair sprays, I found that Tressemme works well, but if you really want to get nuclear you can use bed head-hard head hair spray nothing is coming out of your hair.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

The toppik won't get washed away in the pool if you use a heavy hold hair spray. I use tressemme hard hold. DermMatch is waterproof, so if you're looking for waterproof concealer this is a MUST HAVE. I combine both hair fibers and dermmatch, because hair fibers do a good job of thickening small hairs and it looks natural. DermMatc is essentially tint. Therefore, it's good to add a hair fiber that will make everything look a bit more natural.

In terms of hair sprays, I found that Tressemme works well, but if you really want to get nuclear you can use bed head-hard head hair spray nothing is coming out of your hair.

Thanks a lot for the answer! :)

So humm I don't use a concealer but only toppik and it looks pretty natural right now, so from what I understand you use it to give an extra fill-up in the exposed area, but if in my case toppik is enough, I shouldn't use it just for the water area, am I right? or this product will give an extra-safe in the water?

And about the spray-holder, why you use then treeseme hard hold instead of head-hard hear hair spray? because it does the work too and you are fine with it?

By the way, I want to order one, is it that product? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bed-Head-Hard-Head-Hair-Spray-TIGI-10-6-oz-1-pack/174002232602?epid=10028315584&hash=item2883575d1a:g:EEoAAOSwL8FdWpko

and does it smell good? I mean I use right now something that has really good smell and I think it's important, or at least natural smell.

Thanks once again, I feel like I just discovered a whole new world because getting into pool or to the sea is a really big issue for me, and if I managed to solve that problem it means a lot, I'll of course update once I order the necessary equipment.

• 2 months later...

saw a guy on youtube saying that oily pomades really help on holding hair fibers. I think its because oils dont mix with waters so the water dont take the fibers with it. Youtube it!