Dr Carlos Alessandrini 500 grafts

ironman994

Hi  everyone,  I first wrote this response to a yelp review of the doctor that was dated back in 2015 the recipients name was Luke so you’ll probably see his name referred in this response multiple times. I just stumbled onto this website recently and I see some of the same things said about this provider so I thought I should leave a review because it seems to contrast with a lot of the reviews:

I read Luke's review on Yelp about Dr. Alessandrini and I feel bad for both Luke and the Dr. but for the most part I have a positive review of this particular doctor I’ll go ahead and break down everything I remember about my hair transplant which was about a year ago.

1. When I contacted the Dr. Carlos Alessandrini he said he doesn’t do the FUT aka strip method(this is the method that Luke got from him ). Dr. Alessandrini now  exclusively does the FUE method the FUE method they shave a big part of the back your head (the donor area)and poke out hairs one,two, three or four hairs at a time. Most American transplant people like the strip method I guess it's easier to find the best hair however you will have a linear line where they made that incision was made in the donor area for the rest of your life. I was just listening to a podcast with Joe Rogan he is a pretty rich dude and he states he’s embarrassed about the incision  line he has in the back of his head from his hair transplant. I got the FUE method from Dr. Alessandrini office and I can tell you 11 months post operation I can’t feel any nicks in the back of my head and you can’t see any punch hole incisions.

2. I only had 500 hairs done  because after talking to him on the phone it sound like this is the only way I can do this very covertly and that was and still is very important to me. I felt the doctor explained to me that would be very difficult to see my donor area right after the surgery he said you can just use your hair to cover up the spot was shaved off. Realize the doctor talks to people all the time and perhaps I just heard what I wanted to hear but that leads me to my only complaint is I was a little frustrated how much of the back of my head was shaved I thought he told me it would be camouflaged post surgery I believe it was very noticeable and I gave them that feedback(i’m attaching a picture that shows where he extrapolated the hair from the back of my head).  However as I stated before once your hair grows back there is no linear line with this method no nicks no anything. I can’t feel where he made those incisions in the donor area or recipient area at all. In regards to the recipient area as Luke said they make tiny little incisions and then they place the hair follicles in those incisions. I want to clarify to Luke when someone says 2500 hair follicles they can put up to four hair follicles in one incision. The vernacular can be a little confusing with this, so although you counted only 1500 incisions in the recipient area you could easily have 2500 hairs in the 1500 incisions. 

3. I am posting some pictures That are 11 months post operation. I cannot tell a big difference but remember I only got 500 done I’m estimating I need about 3000 hairs to be somewhat satisfied. The doctor has explain to me that it takes almost a year for the donor area to recover so this is going to take me about six years to complete. I know it’s a stupid way of doing it but the thing is I really want to do this covertly.

4. Everything that Luke said about the office appearance I would have to agree the neighborhood is ok at best as Luke stated I surely didn’t think I was in Beverly Hills I felt like I was more in Mexico, and that’s because you are in Mexico !!!!!!!  You can actually go on Google satellite and see the neighborhood and the office building.  If you’ve ever traveled it’s not going to scare you but if you’ve never been outside the  United States it can be a little unnerving.

5. As for who does the actual procedure Luke is right. Dr Alessandrini only does a portion of the procedure. Dr. made the incisions in the recipient area but it was someone else who did the poking in the back of my head and replanting in the recipients area, this is the same way they do it in America. I know this because mostly America doctors will give you a free consultation and I asked the question. Doctors typically only offer up information they have to so  to get this sort of information you need to ask the doctor during the consult.  I assure you he’s doing it the exact same way the doctors do it in the United States .

6. When it comes to price I saved $3000 going to this doctor compared to the couple doctor that’s close to me here in Ohio and Michigan. Yep it was drastically cheaper for me to fly all the way to friggin Mexico to get my hair transplant. As Luke stated if you want doctor Alessandrini will hook you up with a driver that will pick you up from the airport in San Diego or Tijuana. I actually flew into San Diego from Cleveland then took a train across the border then got an Uber to my hotel and walked to the doctors office. My method will save you 50 bucks but I don’t know if it was money well saved. I guess what I’m trying to say I got scared a couple times walking around in Tijuana especially getting the cash needed for the hair transplant out of an ATM there. The doctor only accepts cash :( .  I did end up getting one of his drivers to take me across the border because my ATM card wouldn’t work in Mexico and I could tell you the driver was very clean the car was much nicer than the Uber car that I got on my own and the person was very pleasant spoke English very well too.

7. When it comes to post up I had a much different experience than Luke did. The doctor communicated with me before, during, and after the procedure and continually checked in with me to make sure I was listening I still remember him saying several times “your heads going to itch after this procedure in the next few days he said don’t touch it listen to me don’t  itch it, it’s going to Itch DON’T ITCH IT!  He went over how to care for the next few days and he continually told me how important it is and how to care for the next few days.  He explained what kind of shampoo do use. He took pictures of my head before and after the surgery and he is kept in contact with me via email is continually asked me to send in photos every three months to see how it’s doing. Doctors kept his word, he is kept in contact me via email and I’m considering going back for another 500 hairs I mean go down as low as 250 unless he can make less of a shaving in the back of my head. 

The pictures that I posted came back a little backwards but you probably could figure it out the first two as you can see the back of my head and my hair is dry that’s 11 months postop the other picture is the back of my head where the hair was taken from also known as the donor area as you can see there’s no marks or anything back there lastly was right after postop and you could see all the incisions in my crown area which were the recipient area and you can see the donor area I was a little frustrated as I stated before that it was hard to cover this area of the first few months afterwords. The pictures that I posted came back a little backwards but you probably could figure it out the first two as you can see the back of my head in the hair is dry that’s 11 months postop the other picture is the back of my head where the hair was taken from also known as the donor area as you can see there’s no marks or anything back there lastly was right after postop and you could see all the incisions in my crown area which were the recipient area and you can see the donor area I was a little frustrated as I stated before that it was hard to cover this area up the first few months afterwords 

Hopefully I’ve covered everything after reading Luke’s review and ot I thought it was important that I left this review and hopefully I’ve cleared a couple things up for Luke and those who have read his review..

Peace

I

C6B70394-8413-4428-B59B-58293A3DF01E.png

C7BE1293-E696-42CF-B5B1-7CA9E17ECEF7.png

BC62D6EA-3FDB-410F-AB12-655E5276E1E6.png

Edited by ironman994
I just need to clean up some of my grammar .