Bumps on scalp around follicles

DH, at month 9, is progressing nicely. However, he still has raised bumps around his follicles. He just feels bumps all over. When I get up really close, I can see the swing doesn’t lay flat like a normal scalp. Is this normal?

Edited by Helper

This is typically common at 3-4 months.  Some of the bumps will progress and turn into a zit. In this case you  would typically clean them and go on.  Some of the other bumps will eventually disappear altogether as if they never existed.  (And, if you press down on one of them, it hurts). This is all due to the fact that the follicle comes with a gland.  The gland doesn't know what to do and blocks the hair.  Once the hair is out, this subsides.  At 9 months, however, we may be talking more about bacteria which crawls  in.  Call the doctor or go see him so he can see what's happening.  He will prescribe a steroid and probably recommend a special shampoo.  If the doctor is not readily available, go to the dermatologist.  They can help.

Oh, about a dozen of this is normal.

• Administrators

Hmm sounds like it may be cobblestoning. Do you mind posting pictures?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Yea looks like cobblestoning for sure

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Yep, I agree....definitely talk to your surgeon.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY