Questions For Hairclone Interview?

• Administrators

About a month ago, there was breaking news that men were freezing their hair follicles for future use in the UK. This left a lot of us asking questions, mainly why? Especially, if donor hair doesn't diminish over time. We've been granted exclusive access to the HairClone staff to ask them whatever we want to know. I will be creating a YouTube video from your guys questions. So don't hold back guys. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Rolandas said:

Donor dominance theory? Is it debunked?

I’m not sure what you mean, are you asking if the reason why men are freezing their hair is because donor dominance is debunked?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Just now, Melvin-Moderator said:

I’m not sure what you mean, are you asking if the reason why men are freezing their hair is because donor dominance is debunked?

Yeah. I mean that would be the question for them.

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

• Administrators

Ok got it. Any other questions? 

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Ok got it. Any other questions? 

I think that's the most important question. Why.

Maybe just out of curiosity, what happens to freezed follicles if person donated them passes away?

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

9 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

About a month ago, there was breaking news that men were freezing their hair follicles for future use in the UK. This left a lot of us asking questions, mainly why? Especially, if donor hair doesn't diminish over time. We've been granted exclusive access to the HairClone staff to ask them whatever we want to know. I will be creating a YouTube video from your guys questions. So don't hold back guys. 

How do you test each follicle to be  DHT resistant?

How do you make sure all the frozen follicles are 100% useful when frozen vs when they're taken out.

How much is the warranty if those frozen follicles don't grow hair once implanted.

Most imp ques: Are they taking follicles from the back donor area or the top.

Edited by Panamera13

Why? Brilliant question.

To wait and see what happens in the future?

To collect money?  This has to be a huge component if you think about it. 

Do you have to pay a monthly fee? Yearly fee? Any fee?

What exactly are you working on currently?

We've been hearing about cloning for 25+ years and I honestly don't think this will happen in our lifetime. Will you be accessing cells out of the frozen follicles?  It would be interesting to learn what exactly you have in mind.

• Administrators

Great questions you guys. 

View my thread

If they take follicles from the back it makes no sense; they're ok just being in the back.

if they take hair from top (before DHT hits the follicle), then it makes sense. But what gurantees DHT won't attack the same follicle once it's implanted.

Please ask the UK company to make a simple animated video to explain the layman.

My questions..

1. What evidence do you have that frozen donor grafts will be healthy enough at the cellular level and not damaged in order to me multiplied?

2. Are you technically a “middle-man” operation between you and a company(s) that will actually do the actual science of graft multiplication?

3. If so, whom are they?

4. Have you tested in-vitro or in-vivo the health, multiplication, grafting of previously frozen donor grafts?....if so, did they grow hair?

5. What recourse do paying clients have should your company go belly-up?

• Like 1

• Administrators

Great questions Cosmo

• Thanks 1

View my thread

• Administrators

Yea, I don't think anyone in the hair loss world knows much about their company, aside from what we read in the articles. It will be good to hear them answer these questions firsthand.

View my thread

• Moderators

The biggest problem I have with this is that the actual procedure (the reason why they are freezing your hair) doesn't yet exist and nobody knows when it will be available. It could be 10 or 20 years.

Even if the technology to actually clone the hair and then use them did exist, then freezing them for years before that still doesn't make sense to me. At the point in time that you are losing enough hair to have a hair transplant, your donor should still be great. Clone some hair and have a hair transplant with the cloned hair, so you hardly touch the donor area, and THEN freeze some grafts for cloning later if needed in case your donor doesn't hold up over the years. I can't see any possible reason for freezing them years before and paying for years for them.

EDIT: So I guess if you are having a hair transplant now and want to make sure you have good donor 10 or 20 years from now for future sessions, I guess it may make some sense, but then I'm back to the first sentence in that the actual cloning doesn't yet exist.

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators

QUESTION: Let's say that you freeze some follicles now and in a few years hair cloning is a real thing and you're ready for a hair transplant using your frozen and now cloned hairs. Does this require THEIR Drs to do the hair transplant? That's a potentially huge issue because even if you think the current Dr is great, there's no way to know who will be in charge or how many Drs will be doing these procedures in 10 or 15 or 20 years from now. You could be stuck going to some unknown Dr who you would never pick to do a hair transplant on you. Is that worth it? Not to me. If their follicle freezing and cloning is actually a successful operation they could end up being a hair mill with techs with hardly any experience doing the hair transplants to try to keep up with the demand.

So my question was would you have to use their clinics or are the cloned grafts your property and they will send them to the hair transplant Dr of your choice.

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Unless this company clearly tell us the timeline/cost from freezing follicle to actually having a full head of hair, it's a waste of time.

So very curious to the outcome of the interview.  All I want is hair on my head, not follicles in the freezer.

• Administrators

Let's keep the questions going. I will try and sort them all out at the end.

View my thread

• Administrators

bump

View my thread